What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Green Mountain Seeds distribution agreement with ACE Seeds

Humple W.

Its amazing how rarely, if ever, I hear international customers complain about US based seed companies and seed banks not shipping internationally

I definitely see it on Instagram often enough, but I don't think I've ever seen it here on ICMag. Different scenes definitely attract different people, but I don't think any particular corner of the globe has a monopoly on entitlement. (Though, sadly, there are definitely places of far greater disenfranchisement, and keeping that in mind is important for a healthy sense of gratitude for those of us who live in relative peace and plenty.)

I just operate under the assumption that every seed company is doing the best they can in a very tricky market, and whatever they feel they need to do (or not do) to keep their ship afloat, more power to them! Any measures Dubi and ACE take are alright by me - I want them to be able to keep doing what they do, because their genetics, their transparency, and their customer service are second to none! If that means ordering through a reseller, it's worth it!

vermontman

First I need to shout out to Dubi! and the amazing seed company ACE!
Thank you man!
The truth is I am down on ego and self promotion in a negative way. I shy away from confrontation and self promotion.
But! I am so into high quality beautiful totally unique cannabis genetics. And I am not talking about hybrids X hybrids that so many people pass off as all their own work. But I get it! It all starts somewhere!
So here is where Green Mountain Seeds started and why my strains are unique to the Cannabis scene.
Back in the late seventies as a young sprout myself I was anamoured by the beauty of Cannabis and I loved the way it made me feel being afflicted with attention deficit cannabis allowed me to focus be young and deal with the mondaine and be productive.
Back in that day we had what I feel were the best representations of what the worlds most interesting cannabis sweet spots had to offer from many different global regions. Acapulco gold., Panama red, green Thai sticks, Buddha sticks, loose Thai, Vietnamese gold, Columbian Gold/Red/Rainbow! Jamaican lambsbread/breath, African black, So many! all so uniquely different so many beautiful varieties.

Last edited:

vermontman

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2084031.jpg Views:	14 Size:	36.2 KB ID:	17980312
So as I retype this all again!
Going back With all these amazing strains from all over the world making there way into the Boston/New England area in mid seventies, of course I tried to grow all these great seeds,I got huge cannabis trees that seemed promising but they just would not finish in such a northern latitude.
There finally came wide leaf varieties that would finished with popcorn purple buds and of medium to descent potency, some very purple that finished by the end of Sept. so these filled my outdoor gardens.
Then in 1978 came a shipment through my best bud Dennis he said it was Mexican Sensemilla, so we smoked a fatty, Man I was high! I mean really trippy in a way better place high! We were so taken by this cannabis we laughingly nick named it Skull Fuck! So I scored an ounce, but the price was high! $200.00 dollars!!! So I got home and picked a couple seeds out of my ounce. I was still totally impressed with the high I was experiencing. so I got on the phone and called my bud and said could you please pick me out as many of the seeds you could out of your newly scored Kilo bag? And of course being the stoner he was, he was lets say reluctant! But anyway Dennis did so before selling out! There were not tons of seeds as in many of the other seeded varieties of the day, but my buddy came through. So a small baggies of seeds were now mine. not knowing what these could even do I planted a batch with the popcorn variety of Indica I had run for a couple of years.
Oh By and by! The Mexican Sinsemilla I scored from Dennis was exactly the same as what was pictured above in High Times By Sheviac as Oaxaca Gold!
So Spring 1979 I planted out my regular dregs of purple popcorn and not really knowing how this Mexi would grow I placed the Mexican Sensimilla plants in the back rows of this well organically fortified bed, I think there were 8 females in the back of this plot of a 30 ft wide X 12ft deep bed totally amended with lots of manure compost. I was fortunate to live near Mass Society of prevention of cruelty to animals Which had huge piles of composted manure and the poor unfortunate souls of animals that were incinerated and composted along with the other animal waste. But man that was some great shit! I muled in 100lb bags slung over my shoulder to my grow sites some 1/4 mile into the wood, to clearings along rivers.
So that laborious spring, not really knowing what to expect from this new addition to my canna culture adventure the Mexican ladies went to the back of that patch and the purple Indica took front row stage. The summer soared by and this plot being in the middle of one of the most traveled interstates in the North East US was one that could be accessed so STEALTH! It had a brook that ran off the clover leaf under the High way through a culvert into the middle of the interstate accessible only if you were willing to get your feet wet. But it had it all security, by being surrounded by autos lowing north to south a vise versa, available water. plenty of sunshine and warmth from the autos passing by putting out CO2.
As Fall approached the Popcorn Indies Filled up and came to their end, but to my astonishment the Mexican Sinsemilla towered over the Indica They were just amazing and at the end of Sept they were amassing. Thank goodness for High Times Mag! There I read If you think you Cannabis is ready wait a week. So I waited a week. Then the Fall rains came And man it poured we were getting the remnants of a tropical depression. To my total surprise though severely bending and leaning in every direction under their own weight. To no ill affect from the pouring rains these magnificent Mexican Sativa ladies just fattened right up! NO MOLD! Just big 9 foot tall trees with beautifully massive long spear shaped buds as fat as a mans arm! The smell was like a balsum fir Christmas tree farm and crazy spice pure heaven! Not only was this amazing strain productive! mold resistant but man it still had that incredible upbeat high that just made you Social, forgettable, motivated and hell laugh your ass off!

Last edited:

vermontman

vermontman thanks for sharing all that! That’s awesome to have saved that genetic line for so long.
I’ve got a few of your crosses I’ll be running early spring next year and I’m really excited about them.

Hello Cactus squatter!
You are welcome and thank you!
Please post pics?
My whole adult lifetime went into selecting out for the most unique and rare cannabis strains I like to think of these Landrace varieties as the primary colors of the paint pallet not yet to muddied by over mixing and its just heart warming to see others enjoy my work I also find it a great compliment that others are breeding with GMS genetics.

Cactus Squatter

Hello Cactus squatter!
You are welcome and thank you!
Please post pics?
My whole adult lifetime went into selecting out for the most unique and rare cannabis strains I like to think of these Landrace varieties as the primary colors of the paint pallet not yet to muddied by over mixing and its just heart warming to see others enjoy my work I also find it a great compliment that others are breeding with GMS genetics.

Oh there will be pics for sure. Mountain Gold and Pinneapple Banana Bud are getting run early spring in my tent to try and sort out a couple females of each for an outdoor run next year, and purple satellite is getting a run outside in my greenhouse next season.
really excited to have these genetics floating around my house along with everything Dubi has worked. Between the two of you I’m going to be able to make a bunch of old school smokers extremely happy, and hopefully turn on the newer generation to something other than the latest, greatest, Grade A homogenized cookies/cake/breath mud puddle weed everyone smokes now from the dispos.

Lotto

Many thanks Vman for the background. Very appropriate since I have M.Gold headed my way. Will post as time comes. Have as many years under my belt as you and the stories are fun to relive.

If I may ask and don't expect an answer, has your M. Gold been used in breeding by you? If so could you mention any positive results. Each parent has been used extensively, I realize, only interested in the F1. Thank you.

vermontman

Many thanks Vman for the background. Very appropriate since I have M.Gold headed my way. Will post as time comes. Have as many years under my belt as you and the stories are fun to relive.

If I may ask and don't expect an answer, has your M. Gold been used in breeding by you? If so could you mention any positive results. Each parent has been used extensively, I realize, only interested in the F1. Thank you.

Hello Lotto!
You may ask and I will say I want people who grow Green Mountain Seeds what they are getting.
Mountain Gold was bred out of necessity after over 35 years Oaxacan gold/Skull began loosing vigor but fortunately not potency Oax became very nute sensitive and very prone to even just a bit of over watering even organics. So I tried outcrossing to a number of different strains first a pure Durban but the offspring even being very healthy and productive gave Oax to much of a sweetness, and just to far away from original Oax. The I tried a Brazilian Sativa plants were great but hermed then the next year I tried Hawaiian Sativa I retrieved from Vancouver. Man that nailed it! the cross was perfect! So that seed was crossed back three time to original Oax/Skull and the Oax Line was restored. Though still a little sensitive very manageable and consistent.

Mountain Gold
Click image for larger version  Name:	005.JPG Views:	0 Size:	84.5 KB ID:	17980890
Click image for larger version  Name:	012 SKXHA (A).JPG Views:	0 Size:	94.0 KB ID:	17980891
Click image for larger version  Name:	030 SKXHA (A).JPG Views:	0 Size:	93.4 KB ID:	17980892
Click image for larger version  Name:	034 SKXHA (A).JPG Views:	0 Size:	73.9 KB ID:	17980893
Click image for larger version  Name:	072 SKXHA (A).JPG Views:	0 Size:	92.1 KB ID:	17980894
Click image for larger version  Name:	Holland 002.JPG Views:	0 Size:	74.6 KB ID:	17980895

vermontman

Around 2015 I decided to switch out some HID with Led and I noticed something a bit piculiar the stems on a couple of the Oax line showed quite a bit of purpleing in the stems of one of my females and in two males. LED seems to really bring out this trait so I bred these purple seedling and so began,

Oaxacan Gold Purple line.
Click image for larger version  Name:	SKULL PURPLE PHENO 038.JPG Views:	0 Size:	56.2 KB ID:	17980909
Click image for larger version  Name:	SKULL PURPLE PHENO 011.JPG Views:	0 Size:	74.8 KB ID:	17980910
Click image for larger version  Name:	SKULL PURPLE PHENO 015.JPG Views:	0 Size:	69.3 KB ID:	17980911

Attachments

• SKULL PURPLE PHENO 006.JPG
    SKULL PURPLE PHENO 006.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 63

FletchF.Fletch

Hey vermontman ,

thank you for putting the info down and for your amazing Strains. The Pineapple Banana Bud was Stellar. In growth, the Hawaiian leaning pheno looked like anemones on a coral reef. I would sit and stare, watching the pistils move in the breeze. What a Beauty. Also ran the Purple Satellite and the Zacatecas, both also very good. Great work bro!!

Last edited:

vermontman

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2084252.jpg Views:	3 Size:	182.2 KB ID:	17980952
Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2084253.jpg Views:	3 Size:	153.7 KB ID:	17980953
Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2084254.jpg Views:	3 Size:	100.3 KB ID:	17980954
Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2084255.jpg Views:	3 Size:	95.3 KB ID:	17980955
Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2084256.jpg Views:	3 Size:	100.5 KB ID:	17980956
Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2084257.jpg Views:	3 Size:	179.8 KB ID:	17980957
Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2084258.jpg Views:	3 Size:	90.5 KB ID:	17980958

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2084252.jpg Views:	3 Size:	182.2 KB ID:	17980952

I loved all weed purple!
Shout out to Blue Hemp for keeping Baglung Nepali Sativa and credit where it is Due!
This beautiful pure Sativa flowers by late Sept having been adapted to being grown and flowered I believe in Northern Denmark? Imparts a wonderful fragrance of berry/fruit and is wonderfully potent.

Last edited:

Lotto

Much appreciated V. Ace's description of M. Gold says it does well under led light. My indoor flowers are run under sil's. High watts and bright white light. Sometimes supplemented with a broad spectrum led.

I have no problem with the sativa hybrids I've grown and expect M. GOLD to do well. All soft organics, mainly fish and kelp, with a couple doses of cal-mag. Deficiencies show in early stages of development when they do. Honker size buds depending on strain are par for the course.

I would love to take your F1 beyond 70 days from 1st pistil. Don't know if this is doable with my bright white light ( tend to finish quick). Do you have any advice in obtaining slow and steady growth in flowering and while still maintaining a healthy plant.

Can't say enough about a breeder who is willing to share their knowledge. Old school smokers tend to stand out in a crowd.

vermontman

Much appreciated V. Ace's description of M. Gold says it does well under led light. My indoor flowers are run under sil's. High watts and bright white light. Sometimes supplemented with a broad spectrum led.

I have no problem with the sativa hybrids I've grown and expect M. GOLD to do well. All soft organics, mainly fish and kelp, with a couple doses of cal-mag. Deficiencies show in early stages of development when they do. Honker size buds depending on strain are par for the course.

I would love to take your F1 beyond 70 days from 1st pistil. Don't know if this is doable with my bright white light ( tend to finish quick). Do you have any advice in obtaining slow and steady growth in flowering and while still maintaining a healthy plant.

Can't say enough about a breeder who is willing to share their knowledge. Old school smokers tend to stand out in a crowd.

Hey Lotto!
I really do not know Sil's If you have great luck with them you should be fine but remember the longer you veg mountain Gold,
the bigger and denser the buds. Looking forward to seeing your progress!

Reactions: ost

vermontman

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2071846.jpg Views:	2 Size:	203.0 KB ID:	17981024
Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2071847.jpg Views:	2 Size:	195.0 KB ID:	17981025
Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2071849.jpg Views:	2 Size:	240.8 KB ID:	17981026
Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2084280.jpg Views:	2 Size:	156.3 KB ID:	17981027
Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2084281.jpg Views:	2 Size:	111.1 KB ID:	17981028
Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2084282.jpg Views:	2 Size:	95.7 KB ID:	17981029
Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2084283.jpg Views:	2 Size:	124.6 KB ID:	17981030
Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2084284.jpg Views:	2 Size:	111.8 KB ID:	17981031
Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2084286.jpg Views:	2 Size:	110.9 KB ID:	17981032
Looking for something a little different I thought HUGH! Purple X Purple and pure Sativa So the first Cross was Oaxacan Gold/Skull Purple line X Baglung Nepali.
So because it was purple and my first seed cross Satellite release, it just seemed suitable.

PURPLE SATELLITE!
I believe this is the finest fastest pure Sativa of it's quality to grow so far north.
And man she smells like CHERRIES!
And she comes in like a Satellite one to two weeks earlier than either of her pure Purple Sativa parents by mid to late Sept. But remember Satellite is More suitable to the far northern outdoor grower, because of her Nepali Farther. She will start flowering in 16 hours of daylight so if you flower her indoors graduate he time of light down slowly! No 12/12 this will shock her and she will throw off nanners! She can be brought indoors to finish once she is about 1/2 way into flowering outdoors. heavy red LED brings out the best of her purple coloring. She has amazing potency bumped up by her Oax/Skull mom.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts