What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ppm for calcium nitrate and epsom

CrushnYuba

So.. Some dummy got the calcium nitrate wet. And the Epsom salt. I am used to adding it by gram. How do i do it by ppm?

browntrout

Veteran
Good question. CaliMagic seems to be about 150ppm of N/Cal/Mag. at 1ml/L from memory.

I've been doing fine with regular doses of CaliMagic 0.5ml/L with food and 70ppm of epsom to cure LED sickness. On top of base nutrients/feedings of course.

COS

In full veg I use 2.5 grams calcium nitrate per gallon. Comes to around 370 ppm using OR water that tests at 20 ppm.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I guess you could put 2.5g in and measure how far off 370 you are. That's your conversion rate for wetting it.

Same for the Mg. Put in a know amount. Calculate what should happen and measure what actually happened. Conversion rate found.

Yeah... sounds easy but somehow hurts real bad

Edit. I don't have a ppm meter. I would weigh out 10g and bake the shit out of it until dry. Again, it's your conversion rate.

edit2: Phostrogen is hydroscopic and turned to mush. I dried about a kg in trays. The inside of my oven is now crystaline. The glass door feels like sand paper. Phostrogen only costs a tenner. The oven.. a bit more. Stinks bad to. Be careful. It's likely toxic to boot.

Roadblock

In full veg I use 2.5 grams calcium nitrate per gallon. Comes to around 370 ppm using OR water that tests at 20 ppm.

Wouldnt that be like nearly 40-50% of the feed strength, isnt that too high a percentage of the total ? I dont know it just seems high to me looking at the total nutrient percentages.

Latest posts

Latest posts