What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

bubble bags

airplane

What is your take on this ; bubble bag systems:4-bag system (25,73,160,220) $27.50 or 8-bag system (25,45,73,90,120,160,190,220) for $43.30. do they really worK? maybe making "cannana butter" would be better?:tumbleweed:

Tony Sativa

I use the original bubble mans bags and they work very good. Not sure about the cheaper brands on how the hash turns out or how well they hold up. Mine were over 300 but I did add an extra bag. They paid for themselves after the first time I used them and that included paying for a small 10 gallon washing machine. I've had them for several years now and have done countless runs with no issues

airplane

Thanks, what brand would you recommend?, sounds like it's worth it, with some time invested .I read some where that 100lbs of product= 10 grams of finished product, whats your take?

zymos

Jammin'!
Veteran
A) those sets are likely to be crap at prices like that

B) I think you'll get just a wee bit more than 10 gm out of 100 lbs

C) there's a forum just for hash and extracts

Yeah,the discount bags are shit...I bought some cheap chinese ones at a local head/grow store a couple of years ago. Product turned out green and gritty,yield was shit and the screens warped after three or four uses.If your gonna do it,invest in a proper set,IMO

Tony Sativa

I own the original's but I did help a buddy with his first run and he got his from the bubble bag dude co. that's sold on ebay and company is based in south carolina. I later bought a 10 gallon washing machine from them. The bags did the job with no problems and he's used them a few times more. The washing machine I got also works very well after getting down the right water to ice ratio and is alot better than the other 5 gallon one I had before. Not only does it hold double the water but the added extra ice. I'm able to use the same smaller washing bag for leaves makes really nice hash that's about as good as I can do by hand without the added trouble

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
I have a set of ebay el-cheapos, a set of Sprung bags, and a set of Bubblebags. The el-cheapos - low yield, low quality, a waste of time and skuff. Sprung bags are much better. And the Bubblebags are better still: more yield, cleaner results, much more durable.

What is your take on this ; bubble bag systems:4-bag system (25,73,160,220) $27.50 or 8-bag system (25,45,73,90,120,160,190,220) for $43.30. do they really worK? maybe making "cannana butter" would be better?
tumbleweed.gif

I'd suggest starting out with the 4-bag Bubblebags.

Simon

airplane

thanks I guess you get what you pay for. Is a 4 bag systerm better than a 8 bag? I also seen a 2 bag system. Help !! Sorry did not read all of post 4 bag system your preference, what brand?

Last edited:

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
thanks I guess you get what you pay for. Is a 4 bag systerm better than a 8 bag? I also seen a 2 bag system. Help !! Sorry did not read all of post 4 bag system your preference, what brand?

FWIW, for non-personal hash, I pull the 220 bag, then the 160 and then the 25. Three bags. I suggested the 4-bag kit, as it allows you to get a good point of reference and see if this method right for your needs, you'll have some quality product, and you can add extra bags later if you wish.

Simon