What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Be careful with your personal information

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
High Tech Garden Supply http://www.htgsupply.com/ is legit, good price, good selection as any IMO. Their shipping label reads HTG Supply so it doesn't say "grow shit" in plain english on the box. They also use plain brown boxes to ship. They'll probably treat you the same way dude did if you mention IC.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
I don't even know this guy. He kinda came outa nowhere. Not cool!

I got a PM from a member asking for $25 for dope. I reported it to admin and didn't get a response. Then I got a visitor msg from the same member asking for $25 again. I posted a thread asking members to relate a similar experience w/o revealing the member's id. My hope was to send a group msg to the member. General consensus in the thread was to report the member to admin. The thread was ripped after a dozen posts. Guess I shouldn't have waved a flag around it.

M

manwithnoname

You are right, I made a mistake. I should only be mad at myself for not thinking.

it's still illegal to grow in most places. so it would be like going to a gun store and saying i want the gun that i saw at howtomurderpeople.com the store owner might not be the one wanting to sell the murder weapon if he knows you are going to murder someone

just my :2cents:

R

REDEYE_420

Keep em sealed boys and girls!

Keep em sealed boys and girls!

LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS.....:joint:

bud lover

so what i want to now is how safe is this site? other than the obvious about giving out personal info, i mean if i was to post pics or info of my ladies on the site whats stopping the police coming through my door can they get any info like my ip addy or anything that would pinpoint were i am.
its just that im new to this site or any site like it so my paranoia gland is in overdrive

~fvk~

the Lion is going Guerrilla...
I wouldn't even sweat it man. You're in good hands here.

A super huge grow though, yeah, it'd always be a good idea to use a proxy.

And these servers are hosted in the Netherlands, for the most part, they're safe from PIGS.

in the digital age...be very paranoid. serious myspace, and facebook is some scary shit. Google yourself. throw in hobbies, jobs, interest, strange misspelling, and a small town, its enough to find yourself or get damn close to narrow it down. I have heard that rippers are targeting putting pieces together from various other digital dirt....it is a trend that is starting. pictures we post can even tell them aprox harvest time. public records and clerk of courts are really scary stuff if you know how to use them.

With that.....I am a female stripper; dirt blonde in my 20s..that lives in Montana....I love basket weaving as well and scrap books. lie lie lie...on these boards...well dont lie about growing, but you get the picture. Tomorrow...I will be a gangsta fool. Yo Yo Yo word to your mother.

BagC'd

If I am in a legal state w/ a legal grow should I get a VPN? Never had one just thought I would ask.

Thanks
Bag

green404

Cookies-
If you have gmail, facebook, etc you are carrying those cookies in your browser. When you go back to say,, facebook they harvest them. So if you are Greenbudz on icmag and go back to Joe Smith on facebook you are linked.

Are google, FB and other know to collaborate with the DEA and others ? Yes.

1 Solution use 2 separate internet browsers one for Joe Smith and one for Greenbudz. or.. better yet, don't use facebook or gmail.

IP Address
Your ip address is like a phone number. If someone got the ip address associated with say,, grow pics. They could contact your internet service provided and get the address to your internet connection.

1 Solution use proxies, VPNs, Beware of the cheapest proxies, the government does not need to turn a profit. If your proxy is owned by the government your internet traffic is owned.

If big brother wants to track you on the internet they will(they own it). Will they track you down for 5 plants in NJ ? 105 plants in NJ ?

The other day I was reading a grow thread on here and someone came on asking what kind of cars the OP had ? The OP proceeded to brag about two different cars. The tread had the small island the OP was on and two cars they owned. Yah, think a detective could put that one together ?

I live in a legal state, Thankfully.. I work in the IT/internet industry so I know information gets harvested.

Latest posts

Latest posts