Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > I Used To Be A Wet Trimmer

Thread Title Search
I Used To Be A Wet Trimmer Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-20-2018, 08:36 PM #21
Babbabud
Bodhisattva of the Earth

Babbabud has disabled reputation
wet trimming is only a feasible option for very small personal grows

Nam myoho renge kyo !! Mugi wasshin
your bud
babba

Peace/ Be here now

Babba's Farm L.L.C.

The political views, or conspiracy theories, of icmag ownership, do not reflect my own views and are sole property of the participants
Babbabud is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-21-2018, 05:11 AM #22
Jellyfish
Invertebrata intoxica

Jellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJPassion View Post
Transpiration is evaporation + guttation.

Why would you want unused nutes IN your buds?
You're feeding to late if this is the case.
Harvest before lights on and the sugars are left in the soil to be left out of the buds.

Pack a bowl of nutes and smoke it.
Hows that taste?

If you want a response you'll have to ask me again. I can't understand your post, stoner.

Old 09-21-2018, 05:23 AM #23
Teddybrae
Irresponsible Hermit

Teddybrae has much to be proud ofTeddybrae has much to be proud ofTeddybrae has much to be proud ofTeddybrae has much to be proud ofTeddybrae has much to be proud ofTeddybrae has much to be proud ofTeddybrae has much to be proud ofTeddybrae has much to be proud ofTeddybrae has much to be proud ofTeddybrae has much to be proud ofTeddybrae has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babbabud View Post

I would have said wet trimming is the only feasible option for larger grows. You lose far too much handling bulk when it's dry. And what about the sticky? having to stop and clean the shears every five minutes or less when there are pounds to trim? I say boring and no good for the arthritis!

But with a small grow you can pretend you're a Connoisseur and do it any way you like ... and call it what you want.

Isn't life grand?!

"Human consciousness, at the same time as being a form of Awareness, Sensitivity and Understanding, is also a form of Ignorance.
The ordinary everyday consciousness that we have ... leaves out ... more than it takes in. And because of this it leaves out things that are terribly important. It leaves out things that if we did know them would allay our anxieties, fears and horrors. We would have a deep, interior Peace.

Now ... the question that is absolutely basic for all Human Beings is: What have we left out?

(Allan Watts)
Teddybrae is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-21-2018, 06:52 AM #24
slapmehard

slapmehard will become famous soon enoughslapmehard will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babbabud View Post
even still I don't if its hot and dry time of harvest when its cooler I like to rough wet trim to take away some moisture
I really can't regulate temp or relative humidity where I dry
slapmehard is offline Quote

Old 09-21-2018, 07:36 AM #25
Klompen

Klompen has much to be proud ofKlompen has much to be proud ofKlompen has much to be proud ofKlompen has much to be proud ofKlompen has much to be proud ofKlompen has much to be proud ofKlompen has much to be proud ofKlompen has much to be proud ofKlompen has much to be proud ofKlompen has much to be proud ofKlompen has much to be proud of
Depending on how you are drying and curing the cut ends of the leaves definitely evaporate water away faster. In a controlled-humidity environment it shouldn't really matter though. Oldschoolgrower's idea of using a combination of a humidifier and dehumidifier to keep it at an exact humidity is a pretty slick idea. Its similar to how industrial tobacco producers age tobacco at controlled humidity levels.
Klompen is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-21-2018, 01:00 PM #26
Zeez
Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Zeez has a brilliant futureZeez has a brilliant futureZeez has a brilliant futureZeez has a brilliant futureZeez has a brilliant futureZeez has a brilliant futureZeez has a brilliant futureZeez has a brilliant futureZeez has a brilliant futureZeez has a brilliant futureZeez has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klompen View Post
Oldschoolgrower's idea of using a combination of a humidifier and dehumidifier to keep it at an exact humidity is a pretty slick idea. Its similar to how industrial tobacco producers age tobacco at controlled humidity levels.
If you can, this seems optimal. It compensates for smaller buds drying first and keeps everything safely on hold until finding motivation to do the work. Waiting too long before packaging (jarring) would probably cause the _bouquet_ to dissipate.

Klompen - Natuurlijk .
Zeez is offline Quote

Old 09-21-2018, 03:34 PM #27
Zeez
Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Zeez has a brilliant futureZeez has a brilliant futureZeez has a brilliant futureZeez has a brilliant futureZeez has a brilliant futureZeez has a brilliant futureZeez has a brilliant futureZeez has a brilliant futureZeez has a brilliant futureZeez has a brilliant futureZeez has a brilliant future
Makes sense. Go drier at first to get the extreme moisture away that could cause mold and then move towards the 60% target without over drying. Cooler air gives some refrigerator effect - less breakdown before it's stable.
Zeez is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-21-2018, 06:00 PM #28
Klompen

Klompen has much to be proud ofKlompen has much to be proud ofKlompen has much to be proud ofKlompen has much to be proud ofKlompen has much to be proud ofKlompen has much to be proud ofKlompen has much to be proud ofKlompen has much to be proud ofKlompen has much to be proud ofKlompen has much to be proud ofKlompen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeez View Post
Klompen - Natuurlijk .
I'm not actually Dutch by birth(got plenty of Dutch ancestors though). I used to be in a Half-Life gaming group with some Dutch folks and I jokingly named the group "Deadly Wooden Shoes"
Klompen is offline Quote

Old 09-21-2018, 06:03 PM #29
Klompen

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchoolGrow View Post
I dry hundreds of pounds at a time this way...... It works!

I guess I should have stated I pump the AC down to 60F, then when the buds first go in it's 45% RH. After 4 days at 45%, I then slowly bring the RH up over the next week to around 60%. This will keep the buds ready for trimming for months/years.

Believe me, when you have hundreds of pounds to dry, nobody is wet trimming. Also, if you have hundreds of pounds, nobody is trimming the second it dries either. There must be a acclimation time period, or you will miss that small dry window every-time. Once the plants reach 60% RH and the buds are "dry", then you can buck down into bins also. However I keep my bins in an air conditioned room with 60% RH as well.
Nice technique! Thanks for elaborating. I can't imagine having hundreds of pounds to dry. I'm really just hoping around the start of next year to have hundreds of grams to dry lol I really miss smoking. My outdoor efforts this year all met with disaster.
Klompen is offline Quote

Old 09-21-2018, 07:00 PM #30
Zeez
Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klompen View Post
I'm not actually Dutch by birth(got plenty of Dutch ancestors though). I used to be in a Half-Life gaming group with some Dutch folks and I jokingly named the group "Deadly Wooden Shoes"
Dodelijke Klompen

I spent several years there. Loved it.
Zeez is offline Quote