What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

15'x7'x'7 Green house, help extreme wind

russej05

I purchased a 15'x7'x'7 greenhouse. where i live it is extremely windy and the plastic didn't stay on. i would like to use the frame and build a sturdy unit, Also if anyone could have tips on the best lay out for my plant inside my green house. I will post pictures soon

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Try sliding patio door panes or window pane units at Habitat for Humanity.
Ever hear of Google? Great place to look for DIY greenhouses.

russej05

Try sliding patio door panes or window pane units at Habitat for Humanity.
Ever hear of Google? Great place to look for DIY greenhouses.

Thank for the input and yes I have heard of google. I decided to ask if anyone had suggestions on my greenhouse setup, because i have spent more money at times doing it myself and i know there are more experienced persons on this forum in that area

russej05

Sluicebox

55 gal drum full of water weighs over 450 lbs. Put one on each corner for an anchor, even that's not enough really. A guy with a record kite in Oregon had to anchor off to a dumpster full of sand. He got caught in the line and died. Kite actually moved the dumpster.

russej05

55 gal drum full of water weighs over 450 lbs. Put one on each corner for an anchor, even that's not enough really. A guy with a record kite in Oregon had to anchor off to a dumpster full of sand. He got caught in the line and died. Kite actually moved the dumpster.

wow that is crazy, the 55 gal drum of water might be a good source to retain heat also during the cold months.

ice-cream

Hey, this is going to be hard to explain, but i'll try my best :)

the metal tube frame looks like its 20 or 25mm (3/4 or 1") so get some electricial conduit that either , just slips over it, or is very close to fitting on.
cut the length of conduit into 1 1/2 inch bits and them take a slice out of them so that they are C shaped.
wrap the plastic around the frame and then push the C bits on to secure the plastic.
Hope that makes sense ? i'll try to find a pic of what i mean and post that

wolfhoundaddy

Veteran
It's concrete. Get a hold of a roto hammer drill. There are all kinda concrete fasteners out there. At the least drill some half inch holes and pound in rebar stakes,and tie wire it

Cameltom

Is there anything wrong with attaching it to your fence? i put a car port next to my pool and tied it off to my deck.

russej05

Hey, this is going to be hard to explain, but i'll try my best :)

the metal tube frame looks like its 20 or 25mm (3/4 or 1") so get some electricial conduit that either , just slips over it, or is very close to fitting on.
cut the length of conduit into 1 1/2 inch bits and them take a slice out of them so that they are C shaped.
wrap the plastic around the frame and then push the C bits on to secure the plastic.
Hope that makes sense ? i'll try to find a pic of what i mean and post that

thanks i understand exactly what your talking about.