What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Tangwena

Veteran
My dealer bringing home the bacon. (I wish ha ha)
Mount Mulanje in the background

maxresdefault.jpg

looking East towards Mozambique the wet side

Mount_Mulanje_Malawi_Vista.jpg

Looking west toward Southern Malawi the dry side.

Widdringtonia_whytei_Mulanje_Malawi.jpg

Tangwena

Veteran
Some 2020 Mulanje cob and then some 2021 Malawi x Malawi/Ethiopia which is so good I cant stop using it, sheer energy and total bliss rolled into one.

img_1678-web.jpg
img_1678 (2)-web.jpg

Then the creme de la creme a marriage of Aces Malawi/Ethiopian red haired airy piney pheno with some honey sweet pine Mulanje I haven't found better than this the taste, high and aroma are to die for ha ha.
The high is adventure time bliss with energy to burn "somebody stop me" material.

img_1682 (2)-web.jpg

Mallitlahuani

28E233B7-0259-4847-B833-63325117D7CB.jpeg

this cob isn’t nearly as aged as yours @Tangwena, but it is progressing and smells are very sweet and fruity, consistency is gummy and still a bit bendable, kind of like jerky. The second one I made with corn husk and I’ve been drying it since it progressed a bit faster because the corn husks were green and alive.

Attachments

• 115284D2-60A3-49CE-A08D-4C4ED512A65D.jpeg
    115284D2-60A3-49CE-A08D-4C4ED512A65D.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 95

Taima-da

View attachment 18715572
this cob isn’t nearly as aged as yours @Tangwena, but it is progressing and smells are very sweet and fruity, consistency is gummy and still a bit bendable, kind of like jerky. The second one I made with corn husk and I’ve been drying it since it progressed a bit faster because the corn husks were green and alive.
That first one looks so nice😋

The second you could probably dry out pretty well and then seal up, it'll still keep going slowly and the colour has already gone far enough by the look of it

Tangwena

Veteran
Let em dry a bit more, the leaves can even look dried but the sticky buds and stemy bits will hold enough moisture to cob up fine as long as there is a bit of bend in them
Good advise brother the drier the better with chunky buds they hold heaps of moisture inside.
View attachment 18715572
What a beauty should be a nice smoke from the looks of it.
For chewing as well I'm sure. I had a great taste today I just cant get enough of the Malawi gold x Malawi/Ethiopian it the best feeling in the world for me makes my life seem exciting ha ha.

xet

Some 2020 Mulanje cob and then some 2021 Malawi x Malawi/Ethiopia which is so good I cant stop using it, sheer energy and total bliss rolled into one.

View attachment 18715276 View attachment 18715275

Then the creme de la creme a marriage of Aces Malawi/Ethiopian red haired airy piney pheno with some honey sweet pine Mulanje I haven't found better than this the taste, high and aroma are to die for ha ha.
The high is adventure time bliss with energy to burn "somebody stop me" material.

View attachment 18715277
:love:

Onboard

Hi my friend thanks for the kind words.
I would vac seal them to age now if they were mine.
Once i get the aromas I prefer I vac seal them to age yours look dry enough now in the pics.
I have cobs aged that are still slightly moist but smell to high heaven.
I cut off sections to dry further and use, then vac seal the remainder and store at room temp as long as they are sealed it all stays locked inside.
I broke my scales a while ago but most days I take between 0.1g and 0.3g depending how high I want to get and of course what cob I'm eating, some are 2 or 3 times stronger than others having been made from better grass.

Drying the cobs is as important as any other step so gently dry is best. If I smell terps i reduce the temp until its not giving off a strong aroma any more.
They can be moist no problem stored below 40c they dont seem to loose anything rather they consolidate and refine the aromas.
Less is more in the heating and curing stages.

You are right a little cob every day just makes life so wonderful like your a teenager full of energy and curiosity at the world. Its such a change from the old tired jaded way I feel without it ha ha.
All the problems in the outside world evaporate and you find beauty in a leaf or flower or drops of water.
The world is truly a beautiful place and we are lucky to be in it if you are insulated from all the crap.
Dear Tangwena,
Thank you very much for the input! And my apologies for not responding sooner.

Then probably I kept mine a bit too hot for too long - rather than too moist. And that contributed to the fading smells? Because I kept the heat at 40-50C for weeks before I turned it down to 30-35C. And over a month probably in my first batch.

That is actually great news because it will be very easy to change. Already looking forward to improving it the next time around!

And, hopefully the existing aromas might still evolve and develop some during the next month or two, too!

Last edited:

0x942

This is a Haze-flavoured cannabis hybrid, derived from the cross of a Haze#1 and a Skunk x Northern Lights.Very intense and piercing Hazey aroma with hints of pine, wood, lemon, cedar and incense..
Anyway, Golden Tiger stays my fav! But this one is done in about 90 days... Very pleasant plant to grow :cool:
Out of the fermentation stage, it does have a strong eucalyptus aroma which cleans my sinuses, i love it!

Taima-da

So like this right
4 days drying in 62f
Stems don’t snap, leaves still tear stem flesh into strips kinda vibe
View attachment 18716715
looking good.😃

You could do a couple like that and another with a day or two further (gentle) drying to compare, cos they look like really dense material.

You may find that the change in colour happens at a rate that is easier to stop with a drier start. Solid, moister buds tend to head straight to dark without the intermediate colour changes.
By the looks you could hit gold with that but I've only ever managed that with what I initially thought slightly too dry when using dense starting material

TPFTFW

Veteran
looking good.😃

You could do a couple like that and another with a day or two further (gentle) drying to compare, cos they look like really dense material.

You may find that the change in colour happens at a rate that is easier to stop with a drier start. Solid, moister buds tend to head straight to dark without the intermediate colour changes.
By the looks you could hit gold with that but I've only ever managed that with what I initially thought slightly too dry when using dense starting material
There’s certainly less dense buds should I use those over ones that have decent density?
ACB7C707-A323-488E-AABA-673699FBAC45.jpeg

TPFTFW

Veteran
I mean it’s all amazing IMO
this is some of the best sour diesel I’ve grown to date
even that still has a good density but has smaller Bract bunches leaving more air between the dense clusters
I know tangwena says joints shouldn’t stay lit and this already does stay lit I’ve been smoking it all day lol
62FE4FFC-FD26-4EFB-9A47-EDF075B363F2.jpeg