What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Secret Jardin Grow Lab Club! Wattage doesn't matter!

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
What's up everybody!! So I finally joined the so called "Big Boys Club" and got a 400w HID lighting system and a Secret Jardin DR80 and have gained a few friends with similar setups. So since there's all these "Light Clubs" on here I figured us Tent Growers should hook up and share secrets ect. My buddy and I swear these are the future of growing especially since they are 98% thermal reflective they are invisible on the infra red from above! That's just one lil perk along with waterproof floors and mylar all around so light bounces all over the tent losing no lumens what soever. I say wattage doesn't matter cuz I don't want this to be just us guys with DR80s and GrowLab80s cuz I know there's some bad ass grows going on in 7x7x7 tents ect so lets see what you got and how you're using it!

I want this thread to be a spot for us to grow ahaha for reals I've learned more on this site than any mag or video I've read or seen and I'm new to HID and bigger grows and just want to have a bad ass thread full of pics of tents loaded with frosty nugs!!!!

picture.php

here's my start of my first flower cycle in my DR80 under my 400w Digital HPS/MH system I'm going to add some 2700K and 6500K CFLs to balance the spectrum and get better resin production. Also will be finishing the flowering cycle's last 10-14 days under my 10000K 400w MH bulb which will increase resin yield and aroma or so I've read...

Last edited:
S

Seismic

I am currently using a DR80, DR100, and a DR120 from secret jardin, with a DR120w on the way. For wattage I got a 2FT 8bulb T5 for the dr80, and I use a 600w or 1000w in the dr100 and dr120 depending on the current setup. I'll throw some pics of my setup pretty soon, but until then, here is some secret jardin nugs:joint:

All F13, Sandstorm, and gkf2
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Strainbrain

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs
Veteran
You know, one thing we can always say is that our grows are in-tents...

Ba-da bump.

-s

I

Iron_Lion

I grew in a homemade cab for years and recently invested in a tent. I love it, it is fast and easy to setup, tear down, easy to modify and gives you plenty of options to taylor fit your style.

They may be a somewhat large up front cost but in the long run I didnt have to buy any special tools or spend hours putting it together, that to me makes up for the cash spent.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
AWESOME!!! Glad to see some people joined the party! damn those buds are gorgeous! Can't wait to show my Thunder Goo and Bubba x Deep Chunk under HID and CFLs lighting!

in-tents hahaha nice play on words bro!

mr cheese

altho im not currentley using tents iv grew in them for years aswell and i must say iv got my best yeild to date out of the double version, im in uk so not sure what you gys across the pond call em, out of 2 600watters i pulled just under 1 1/2 kgs! yep i was amazed to, like you say you dont waste any lumens, only reason i stoped using them is iout grew my tent if you knw what i mean! lol

sednal

Got a GL80 with 400w setup as some of you alraedy know! Some Sensi Seed Big Bud goin on in there right now. I just recieved my larger tent that i will be using twice a year when temps are controlable and as a drying tent which is a Home Box XL. Heres some pics. These are at day 42 of flower

Attachments

• PB080098.jpg
    PB080098.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 18
  • PB060091.jpg
    PB060091.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 17
  • PB080102.jpg
    PB080102.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 19
  • PB060095.jpg
    PB060095.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 20

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
hahaha shit outgrew the tent! You do know you can link them together right? I also so a bad ass tent at the hydro show in SF on youtube I'll post the link...

Ok here it is mayber Mr Cheese will go back to a tent like this hahaha they have warehouse sized ones now too!

Hydro Inovations Ice Box Tent with 6 1ks!!!

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Got a GL80 with 400w setup as some of you alraedy know! Some Sensi Seed Big Bud goin on in there right now. I just recieved my larger tent that i will be using twice a year when temps are controlable and as a drying tent which is a Home Box XL. Heres some pics. These are at day 42 of flower

get outta here with your Home Box this is Secret Jardin Grow Lab only bitch! hahaha na just playing the way I see it as long as your tent is silver inside you can join but it's mostly a DR GL thing over here hahaha

sin_competitor

what up thunda. im new to this dro concept, and i got plans for a garden real. i was wondering if u had time, could u give a lil more detail about your tent set up. im new to this game. and before i start my set up i wanna look at all my options. any information would be a big help.

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
i love my DR's...currently running a DR100 (600w) and a dr120 (850w)

I'll get some pics up but my kid is awake (4am) :)

hempluvr

plant pimp
Veteran
I am flowering in a dr120 with 1000 watts,air cooled light and a/c. Works lovely but it is not big enough at all.

I've been looking at those air pot's very very curious about them you're the first i seen with them I'm tagged i want to see the end results and i love the tent

Mist

I am running a 240W for flowering with a 12 site Ebb&Gro system and 2 aircooled 600's. For vegging I am using a 120W with a 2X4 EconoJet ebb and flow system and a 4ft. 8 bulb T5 light.
I truely wish these were around when I was doing large DWC setups and had tons of space to work with. It would have given me much easier places to hang my lights, manage my air cooling and also saved a lot of head aches from accidental leaks and overflows that happened over the years. TENTS ROCK!

Here are my babies in action>

Mist

Dammit! I forgot to insert the pictures and it won't let me do it in edit mode. OOPS! SORRY.

Here they are>

Vegg tent Flowering tent

ANd the se babies can really handle a load! I have my Carbon filter with inline 6" fan and 2 large hoods. One of which weighs in at 22lbs. and each hood is hanging off of one, yes one, brace!

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
I was gonna ask Mist where's the pics bro hahaha nice setup you have going on there that's what I want to have is a tent for moms and veg and the my flower tent.. My buddy said that there are pieces to extend our tents? Is this just with Grow Lab cuz that's what he has but when he saw mine said they were damn near identical just mine is smaller of course since he runs 2 1ks but yea he said they are able to go as big as you want! did anybody check out that video? Since it's in a tent I'll post it here hope that's ok and no I don't work for them if I had a chance I'd work for IC in a heartbeat though keep that in mind Gypsy...

ok after numerous try's I couldn't get a bb code to post the youtube video!grrrrrr be sure to check it out though cuz the setup in that tent blows me away!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0uRrMvfucY

Last edited:

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
I'll join up here. I run a DR80 with an aircooled 400. The tents are by far one of the best things you can get.

picture.php

picture.php

-Funk

Mist

I watched the the IceBox video and it is a very cool setup. BUT, first of all who the hell can afford all that equipment. And I don't mean just the equipment itself, there is a lot of power being used to run that thing. I also am not real fond of having water lines running above all my electrical equipment. Another issue that I think would be a real drawback is if you notice in the video the entire water cooling system is mounted too the ceiling, but the lights are on a rack that is not hung from the ceiling. This makes me wonder about the ability of a tent to support all the equipment that is required to run with that design. Even the Mamoth tents only give a weight rating of 60lbs for the roof. I have easily more than that hanging inside my 240W and I am really pushing the envelope with an estimated 100lbs of equipment. I know this because the frame where the 4 cross members for hanging equipment off of are at is sagging a bit under the load. Late at night when I am almost asleep and hear a thump or bang I always get a bad feeling and run in to check the tent, LOL. But it is always fine. Damn old creaky house is all it is.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Yea I agree it's a lot of shit running and you're right who the hell has the money to run that shit all the time ahaha I was just amazed to see 6 1ks in a tent pretty soon it'll be LEDs and shit.. I'm looking into the Sun Pulse bulbs though I just need the 4000K one and I could be close to mimicking the system with my 2100K bulb for the first week or 2 then the 4000K for the middle and hit em with the 10000K MH for the last 2 weeks and I have a feeling I'd see some damn better quality than just a HPS all the way through... I added a shop light with a Y socket and 2 23w 2700K bulbs till I get more 42w ones to use cuz I know from being a CFL grower first it's all about spectrum baby!

Latest posts

Latest posts