What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Coastal Seeds Co. germination

HHILL

Anyone having trouble germinating Coastal Seeds gear? I trying out the Coastal Haze, Black Lights and Puck Yeah this season.

The Puck Yeah is at 50% germination, Black Light at 33% and Coastal Haze is at 0%. So far, one week in.

I germinate in root riot cubes with heating mat, if that don't work, I Float seeds in fresh Aloe water for 24 hours then put in 4 inch pots with quality soil, let sun heat them. If that don't work, should I sand them?

Hell, all the seeds I made sprouted as well the seeds friends made were at 100%. Seems th expensive store bought seeds are substandard here in CA.

Easy7

Veteran
I don't know much other than seeing their seeds in stores. Kelp helps germinate.

Curious about coastal seeds. Suprised they don't have their own thread. With all the classics they have.

Curious about their m10 crosses, like chem x m10 and then the big sur holy weed work.

HHILL

They sent some more seeds my way, got some germinated. I thought the seeds were harvested a bit early.... Trying out the Coastal Haze, Puck Yeah and Black Lights. Strange that seeds I make always pop near 100%, as well as Bodhi’s beans too.

Well, Coastal Seeds has disbanded, so no more of these heirloom varieties anymore unless they are released by the individuals who made up Coastal...

Easy7

Veteran
That's the seed biz, unreliable at best!

Plenty of options out there. Worst case scenerio, less options to spend too much on.

Organickz

I been having the same issue but with greenpoint seeds. I tried asking the very same question in the vendors tab and got an bunch of asshole responses. Ive had almost perfect results with other companies at usually 95% to 100% but with greenpoint I am damn near at 25%. I don't think that's a coincidence. But let some people tell it, it's a user issue. Doesn't makes sense. My conclusion is just trying out another breeder and then compare and contrast the results and then you will know exactly what the real issues are. Sometimes it can be user but sometimes the beans can be undesirable. That's just my opinion.

Easy7

Veteran
Asshole responses are common online. Everyone turns into some sort of demi-god online.

green-genes77

Veteran
Yeah, a lot, and I mean a lot of people are out there making bank with unstable, old and/or premature seeds.

Had a bad batch of Killing Fields from ****** a few years ago. Majority pale white seeds, three crushed in transit, zero germinated alongside literally 100 seeds of other gear that popped at a 92 percent rate. Their response when I inquired about a refund: we'll give you half credit but you should have purchased our germination module.

Caveat emptor, but in the end these are cheap lessons.