Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > Chanting Growers Group (2013-∞)

Thread Title Search
Chanting Growers Group (2013-∞) Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-07-2018, 03:50 PM #2991
easyDaimoku

easyDaimoku is a glorious beacon of lighteasyDaimoku is a glorious beacon of lighteasyDaimoku is a glorious beacon of lighteasyDaimoku is a glorious beacon of lighteasyDaimoku is a glorious beacon of lighteasyDaimoku is a glorious beacon of lighteasyDaimoku is a glorious beacon of lighteasyDaimoku is a glorious beacon of lighteasyDaimoku is a glorious beacon of lighteasyDaimoku is a glorious beacon of lighteasyDaimoku is a glorious beacon of light
Proud to be a Chanting Grower. So grateful for all of you.

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!
Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!
Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!
easyDaimoku is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-08-2018, 01:10 PM #2992
Weird
3rd eye jedi

Weird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivor
Quote:
QUESTION: In Japan, there are the six schools, the seven schools, and the eight schools. Among these, which school teaches the attainment of Buddhahood in one’s present form?
Answer: According to the Great Teacher Dengyō, this doctrine is found only in the Lotus Sutra, while according to the Great Teacher Kōbō, it is found only in the True Word teachings.
Question: What proof can you show to support this?
Answer: The Great Teacher Dengyō states in his Outstanding Principles of the Lotus Sutra: “You should understand that, among the sutras that the other schools rely upon, there are none that teach the doctrine of entering [Buddhahood] in one’s present form. Although a few of them appear to teach this doctrine, they limit such attainment to those who have reached the eighth of the ten stages of development or higher. They do not acknowledge [the attainment of Buddhahood in] the form of an ordinary person. Only the Tendai Lotus school clearly teaches this doctrine of entering [Buddhahood] in one’s present form.”
Outstanding Principles also declares, “Neither teacher nor disciples need undergo countless kalpas of austere practice in order to attain Buddhahood. Through the power of the Lotus Sutra of the Wonderful Law they can do so in their present form.”
It also says, “You should understand that this passage1 is inquiring whether there are any persons who have attained Buddhahood, and so intends to manifest the great power and authority of this sutra.”
The purpose of these passages of commentary is to clarify that the attainment of Buddhahood in one’s present form is limited to the Lotus Sutra alone.

https://www.nichirenlibrary.org/en/wnd-1/Content/151

WWDLBD

WW1.618D

Quote:
The shape it takes could be yours to choose

What you may win, what you may lose
Sativa is manna from heaven - BLueGrassToker

Ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cured - Ureapwhatusow

nobody every told me i found out for myself, you've got to believe in foolish miracles - o. osborne

Although the masters make the rules
For the wise men and the fools
I got nothing, Ma, to live up to - b. Dylan
Weird is offline Quote

Old 06-09-2018, 03:12 PM #2993
Babbabud
Bodhisattva of the Earth

Babbabud has disabled reputation
Nam myoho renge kyo

Nam myoho renge kyo !! Mugi wasshin
your bud
babba

Peace/ Be here now

Babba's Farm L.L.C.

The political views, or conspiracy theories, of icmag ownership, do not reflect my own views and are sole property of the participants
Babbabud is offline Quote

Old 06-11-2018, 06:08 PM #2994
Babbabud
Bodhisattva of the Earth

Babbabud has disabled reputation
Nam myoho renge kyo

Nam myoho renge kyo !! Mugi wasshin
your bud
babba

Peace/ Be here now

Babba's Farm L.L.C.

The political views, or conspiracy theories, of icmag ownership, do not reflect my own views and are sole property of the participants
Babbabud is offline Quote

Old 06-13-2018, 07:33 PM #2995
Weird
3rd eye jedi

Weird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivor
Quote:
The principle of the mutual possession of the Ten Worlds is the most profound doctrine of the Lotus Sutra, the very heart of the teachings of this school of ours. In the sutras that were preached in the forty and more years preceding the Lotus Sutra it was kept secret and never revealed. But in the sutra teachings set forth in those forty and more years, we find numberless ordinary mortals who were able to cut off the illusions of thought and desire, reach the stage where they are free of outflows, and attain the unconditioned state represented by the two types of nirvana.6 Bodhisattvas as countless as particles of dust were able to overcome the general and specific types of illusion7 and to quickly transcend the bonds that tie them to the two categories of transmigration.8

https://www.nichirenlibrary.org/en/wnd-2/Content/182

WWDLBD

WW1.618D

Quote:

nobody every told me i found out for myself, you've got to believe in foolish miracles - o. osborne

Weird is offline Quote

Old 06-16-2018, 02:02 PM #2996
Weird
3rd eye jedi

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

WWDLBD

WW1.618D

Quote:

Weird is offline Quote

Old 06-21-2018, 02:21 PM #2997
Weird
3rd eye jedi

Quote:
Question: Why do you abandon the expansive or the simplified approach and concentrate only on essentials?
Answer: The Tripitaka Master Hsüan-tsang abandoned the simplified approach and favored expansion. Thus he took the Larger Wisdom Sutra in forty volumes and expanded it into six hundred volumes. The Tripitaka Master Kumārajīva, on the other hand, abandoned the expansive approach and favored simplification. Thus he took Great Perfection of Wisdom in one thousand volumes and reduced it to one hundred volumes.
I, Nichiren, have abandoned both the approach that expands and that which condenses and favor the essence of the matter, which means the five characters of Myoho-renge-kyo that were transmitted to Bodhisattva Superior Practices.
When Chiu-fang Yin18 was appraising horses, he paid no attention to whether they were black or yellow but concentrated only on picking a thoroughbred. When Chih Tao-lin19 lectured on the sutras, he put aside questions of detail and concentrated on getting at the basic meaning. Shakyamuni Buddha has already entered the treasure tower and is seated side by side with the Buddha Many Treasures, the emanations of the Buddha have gathered from the ten directions, the Bodhisattvas of the Earth have been summoned, and the essence, the five characters of Myoho-renge-kyo, has been entrusted to these bodhisattvas so that they may transmit it to the Latter Day of the Law. No one in the present age can doubt this.

---> https://www.nichirenlibrary.org/en/wnd-2/Content/235

WWDLBD

WW1.618D

Quote:

Weird is offline Quote

Old 06-22-2018, 03:01 PM #2998
Weird
3rd eye jedi

Quote:
The Lotus Sutra is the teacher of all the Buddhas of the ten directions and the three existences. The Buddhas of the ten directions are the Buddha Good Virtue in the east, the Buddha Sorrow-Dispelling Virtue in the southeast, the Buddha Sandalwood Virtue in the south, the Buddha Giver of Treasure in the southwest, the Buddha Infinite Brightness in the west, the Buddha Flower Virtue in the northwest, the Buddha Banner-like Virtue in the north, the Buddha Three Vehicle Practice in the northeast, the Buddha Vast Myriad Virtue of the zenith, and the Buddha Brilliant Virtue of the nadir.2
The Buddhas of the three existences are the thousand Buddhas of the past Glorious Kalpa,3 the thousand Buddhas of the present Wise Kalpa,4 and the thousand Buddhas of the future Constellation Kalpa,5 as well as all the other Buddhas depicted in the Mahayana and Hinayana, provisional and true, and exoteric and esoteric sutras, including the Flower Garland, Lotus, and Nirvana sutras. These Buddhas, as well as the bodhisattvas in the worlds of the ten directions who are as numerous as particles of dust, all originate from the single character myō, or wonderful, of the Lotus Sutra [Myoho-renge-kyo].

---> https://www.nichirenlibrary.org/en/wnd-1/Content/127

WWDLBD

WW1.618D

Quote:

Weird is offline Quote

Old 06-24-2018, 04:51 PM #2999
Weird
3rd eye jedi

Quote:
The “Supernatural Powers” chapter states, “As the light of the sun and moon can banish all obscurity and gloom, so this person as he advances through the world can wipe out the darkness of living beings.” In this passage from the sutra, in the five-character phrase “this person as he advances through the world,” to whom do you think “this person” refers? I believe that it must be the person who is the reincarnation of Bodhisattva Superior Practices. The sutra states, “After I have passed into extinction, [one] should accept and uphold this sutra. Such a person assuredly and without doubt will attain the Buddha way.”1
I am sure that you, too, are one who assists Bodhisattva Superior Practices in his propagation efforts.

---> https://www.nichirenlibrary.org/en/wnd-1/Content/142

WWDLBD

WW1.618D

Quote:

Weird is offline Quote

Old 06-25-2018, 03:59 PM #3000
Weird
3rd eye jedi

Quote:
I DEEPLY appreciate your visit here and your constant concern over the numerous persecutions that have befallen me. I do not regret meeting with such great persecutions as the votary of the Lotus Sutra. However many times I were to repeat the cycle of birth and death, no life could be as fortunate as this. [If not for these troubles,] I might have remained in the three or four evil paths. But now, to my great joy, I am sure to sever the cycle of the sufferings of birth and death, and attain the fruit of Buddhahood.

https://www.nichirenlibrary.org/en/wnd-1/Content/35

WWDLBD

WW1.618D

Quote:

Weird is offline Quote