Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Nutrients and Fertilizers > A question for the growers using Jacks 5-12-26

Thread Title Search
-
A question for the growers using Jacks 5-12-26 Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-14-2018, 11:03 PM #1071
Budley Doright

Budley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud of
I did a modified kratky this year......tomatoes....

You might consider it....

I grew in 5 gallon buckets.....let the plants draw down about a third....then maintained that level...
a controller bucket linked to say 12 buckets with plants....

fertigate until you have runoff on the last bucket..... with cannabis however I would do things differently...each bucket would be linked to the controller bucket
You just need to expose some of the roots to the air....

If you have any q's send me a msg

Wick Cloning = Cheap and effective

MMMP Patient/Caregiver

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=309503

Big Clones.....and Air Layers also a legal Michigan grow
Budley Doright is offline Quote

Old 06-15-2018, 12:09 AM #1072
Drop That Sound

Drop That Sound has disabled reputation
I used 5 gallon DWC coolers last year, I think it kept the tomato roots too cold all day actually. Didn't turn out to well, because I was too busy really.. and I should have been supplementing to prevent the inevitable..

This year I went back to coco. I always wanted to try out Larry's rain gutter bucket system too. Net pots in the bottom of the buckets, that sit on and in the gutter, with a float valve. Simple

I'll be re-using all my old 1 liter\gallon bottles, making custom recipes, and printing my own nutrient labels soon enough!
Drop That Sound is offline Quote

Old 06-15-2018, 06:33 AM #1073
oti$

oti$ has a brilliant futureoti$ has a brilliant futureoti$ has a brilliant futureoti$ has a brilliant futureoti$ has a brilliant futureoti$ has a brilliant futureoti$ has a brilliant futureoti$ has a brilliant futureoti$ has a brilliant futureoti$ has a brilliant futureoti$ has a brilliant future
I left the lid off of the tote I store my calcnit in and it was so humid that there was a pool of liquid in the container....I mixed it up and it's now the consistency of wet cement. No more little balls. Will I be able to still use it or will there be issues?
oti$ is offline Quote

Old 06-15-2018, 01:16 PM #1074
Treetroit City
Moderately Super

Treetroit City is a survivorTreetroit City is a survivorTreetroit City is a survivorTreetroit City is a survivorTreetroit City is a survivorTreetroit City is a survivorTreetroit City is a survivorTreetroit City is a survivorTreetroit City is a survivorTreetroit City is a survivorTreetroit City is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by oti$ View Post
I left the lid off of the tote I store my calcnit in and it was so humid that there was a pool of liquid in the container....I mixed it up and it's now the consistency of wet cement. No more little balls. Will I be able to still use it or will there be issues?
I would try to add enough water to get it to a liquid state and then use that. Depending on how much you have this could require a bucket or even a trash can.

Current Karma OG Test Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
Sorry its not chock full with landrace genes... blame joesy
Treetroit City is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-15-2018, 01:49 PM #1075
Budley Doright

Budley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by oti$ View Post

hy·gro·scop·ic

adjective
(of a substance) tending to absorb moisture from the air.

https://www.yara.co.uk/crop-nutritio...f-fertilisers/

While I mix mine by weight...... in the beginning of this thread delta9 mixes by ppm meter.....

It should not be a problem......

Wick Cloning = Cheap and effective

MMMP Patient/Caregiver

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=309503

Big Clones.....and Air Layers also a legal Michigan grow
Budley Doright is offline Quote

Old 06-15-2018, 08:49 PM #1076
oti$

oti$ has a brilliant futureoti$ has a brilliant futureoti$ has a brilliant futureoti$ has a brilliant futureoti$ has a brilliant futureoti$ has a brilliant futureoti$ has a brilliant futureoti$ has a brilliant futureoti$ has a brilliant futureoti$ has a brilliant futureoti$ has a brilliant future
I mix by meter, so we'll see...
oti$ is offline Quote

Old 06-17-2018, 01:59 PM #1077
WaxyTaxi
Psychonaut

WaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivor
I've read its better to mix silica first, then nutes, then enzymes. Anyone has some science behind this? Think I might try this next time

Old 06-17-2018, 02:59 PM #1078
MrBungle

MrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud of
Mix the silica in then adjust the pH down to what you need, add the Jacks, check pH again, and mix in the CaNo3 for last of the salts... I save organics for after the CaNO3

(This is intended for the final solution that you are feeding your plants, not meant for concentrates)

Mixing in the silica first and adjusting the pH allows you to get to your target silica ppm without throwing your solution pH way off
MrBungle is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-17-2018, 03:52 PM #1079
WaxyTaxi
Psychonaut

WaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivor
I'll try that next time, Haven't had to use pH down or up, the silica makes it just right luckily

Old 06-17-2018, 05:20 PM #1080
MrBungle

MrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud of
Do you know how many ppm of silica you add to your mix the way you do it?

are you using protekt or AgSil?
MrBungle is offline Quote