Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Nutrients and Fertilizers > A question for the growers using Jacks 5-12-26

Thread Title Search
A question for the growers using Jacks 5-12-26 Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-13-2018, 03:28 PM #1071
WaxyTaxi
Psychonaut

WaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivor
Current formula in promix is 880gs jacks, 880gs calnit, 7ml per gl. Then I add 1ml of silica to get the pH up to 6.6/6.7. now I'm using 10ml of hygrozyme and fulpower with every feed and they are loving it. Pricy stuff but worth it imo

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-13-2018, 03:45 PM #1072
p0opstlnksal0t

p0opstlnksal0t is just really nicep0opstlnksal0t is just really nicep0opstlnksal0t is just really nicep0opstlnksal0t is just really nicep0opstlnksal0t is just really nicep0opstlnksal0t is just really nicep0opstlnksal0t is just really nicep0opstlnksal0t is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by caljim View Post
I tried it and feel the same way about it as I do about Veg and Bloom....I wanted to like it but still like jacks better for its versatility ,price and healthier looking plants.

That said I do like adding a couple hundred ppms of it to my veg and flower feed (for the first 4 weeks). Its gets the aminos, humic/ fulvic and chitosan I want in the mix.
thanks for the heads up. i may still give it a shot after i burn through this 30lbs of jacks i have.
p0opstlnksal0t is offline Quote

Old 06-13-2018, 04:42 PM #1073
oti$

oti$ has a brilliant futureoti$ has a brilliant futureoti$ has a brilliant futureoti$ has a brilliant futureoti$ has a brilliant futureoti$ has a brilliant futureoti$ has a brilliant futureoti$ has a brilliant futureoti$ has a brilliant futureoti$ has a brilliant futureoti$ has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookah79 View Post
I don’t know tbh,literally after 2 weeks gunk starts building up .It could be that the shit is not completely dissolved.I started using aquarium heater to warm up the water before mixing,it seems to help a bit.But i still ended up with gunk in like a month later,but this was in a 2 gallon mix which takes longer to use than 1.I am going to try mixing one gal instead this time.

On another note isn’t there some other way to mix powdered nutes like sometype of an industrial mixer or something?.Because how do greenhouse and agricultural growers mix their powered nutes??

I use a paint stirring attachment on my power drill....10$ or so at Lowe's/El Depot. Works like a charm.
oti$ is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:26 AM #1074
Drop That Sound

Drop That Sound has disabled reputation
About to make the switch to Jacks\dry nutes, have a few questions first!;

Whats the difference between the many products, like the oasis blend?

I noticed some differences in pictures of the 40# bags for sale online, is there a new version of Jack's hydro, and should I avoid buying the older stuff?

And lastly, I want to make a big one time purchase, one supply for all my plants including most types of vegetables. All hydro coco/nft/dwc, indoors and outdoor greenhouse.

Should I avoid "jacks hydro 5-12-26", and instead get some of the other products, to better suit all the different plants feed ratios?

I think I remember reading here and elsewhere that the 5-12-26 is best suited specifically for cannabis, would it even make a good base for everything?

Thanks guys!
-drop
Drop That Sound is offline Quote

Old 06-14-2018, 01:44 PM #1075
eric2028

eric2028 will become famous soon enougheric2028 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop That Sound View Post
About to make the switch to Jacks\dry nutes, have a few questions first!;

Whats the difference between the many products, like the oasis blend?

I noticed some differences in pictures of the 40# bags for sale online, is there a new version of Jack's hydro, and should I avoid buying the older stuff?

And lastly, I want to make a big one time purchase, one supply for all my plants including most types of vegetables. All hydro coco/nft/dwc, indoors and outdoor greenhouse.

Should I avoid "jacks hydro 5-12-26", and instead get some of the other products, to better suit all the different plants feed ratios?

I think I remember reading here and elsewhere that the 5-12-26 is best suited specifically for cannabis, would it even make a good base for everything?

Thanks guys!
-drop
Per jacks rep: oasis/ jacks 16-4-17 and jacks cal-mag is a 2 part recipe that’s works best with peat/promix. And from my personal experience it works great!

Jacks 321 is made to work with hydro or coco.

It does great although I’ve found some strains need alittle tweaking at least in veg.

Never tried on veggies sorry
eric2028 is offline Quote

Old 06-14-2018, 02:15 PM #1076
caljim
I'm on the edge. Of what I'm not sure.

caljim is a name known to allcaljim is a name known to allcaljim is a name known to allcaljim is a name known to allcaljim is a name known to allcaljim is a name known to allcaljim is a name known to allcaljim is a name known to allcaljim is a name known to allcaljim is a name known to allcaljim is a name known to all
I spray jacks (5-12-26)/calnit on my veggies through a fertigator at about an ounce a gallon and they love it.

What the rep at Peters told me was ......if you have calcium in your media use the "classic" formulas.

If your media holds no available calcium, ie...hydro, coir, unammended peat, use the "Controlled Environment" formulas, ie....5-12-26/calnit.

In my humble opinion 5-12-26/calnit would work in any media and allows you to adjust your nitrogen level being a 2 part formula.

Never used the oasis (16-4-17).
caljim is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-14-2018, 02:34 PM #1077
WaxyTaxi
Psychonaut

WaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivor
I too have only used 5-12-26 with success, never tried the others. Gotta tweak your pH and ec to the medium and feed schedule

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:33 PM #1078
Budley Doright

Budley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric2028 View Post
Per jacks rep: oasis/ jacks 16-4-17 and jacks cal-mag is a 2 part recipe that’s works best with peat/promix. And from my personal experience it works great!

Jacks 321 is made to work with hydro or coco.

It does great although I’ve found some strains need alittle tweaking at least in veg.

Never tried on veggies sorry

I was unable to find the label of the 16-4-17

Jacks 5-12-26 has very high levels of magnesium and sulfur.... this has led some to speculate it has been made for cannabis...

most people who use 5-12-26 can avoid the use of epsoms...... magnesium and sulfer

with 16-4-17 thats always an option

However the npk sounds more like something I would give to lettuce...not a flower plant of any sort

Wick Cloning = Cheap and effective

MMMP Patient/Caregiver

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=309503

Big Clones.....and Air Layers also a legal Michigan grow
Budley Doright is offline Quote

Old 06-14-2018, 10:48 PM #1079
Drop That Sound

Drop That Sound has disabled reputation
I do plan on mostly growing a lot of outdoor greens, NFT and kratky style. The oasis sounds great for that.

Maybe I should just get a 25lb bag of both, and the cal-nit too. Might split some off with a friend anyway..

Here's a decent breakdown of the 321 with some good info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUoTFGXfb60

Thanks guys
Drop That Sound is offline Quote

Old 06-14-2018, 11:03 PM #1080
Budley Doright

Budley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud of
I did a modified kratky this year......tomatoes....

You might consider it....

I grew in 5 gallon buckets.....let the plants draw down about a third....then maintained that level...
a controller bucket linked to say 12 buckets with plants....

fertigate until you have runoff on the last bucket..... with cannabis however I would do things differently...each bucket would be linked to the controller bucket
You just need to expose some of the roots to the air....

If you have any q's send me a msg

Wick Cloning = Cheap and effective

MMMP Patient/Caregiver

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=309503

Big Clones.....and Air Layers also a legal Michigan grow
Budley Doright is offline Quote