Forums > Marijuana Growing > New Growers > New grow 2 x 4 grow tent mars hydro

Thread Title Search
New grow 2 x 4 grow tent mars hydro Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-02-2018, 04:31 PM #11
Packer420

Packer420 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentPothead View Post
I wouldn't bother with the kits that rely on you eyeballing the color. I just use a cheap https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YBUH4RC and it seems to be working good for me. They have a higher accuracy version which goes to 2 decimal places instead of one for 2x the price.
Thanks for the link. So with that measuring i would also get some ph up and ph down bottles right?
Packer420 is offline Quote

Old 06-02-2018, 09:09 PM #12
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant future
Yeah, that PH meter will only tell you the PH, you will need PH up or down to actually adjust the water. I bought my PH up/down directly from my local hydro shop, it was the basically the same price and I prefer supporting local. A lot of places sell the GeneralHydroponics Test Kit, which includes a dropper, a vial of test solution, and a bottle each of Up and Down. If you get the Jellas PH meter I linked, you can get by with just bottles of Up or Down. And for a rule of thumb, I think it is 1cc/ml of Up/Down for each Gallon of water you want to move 1 full PH point. So to take 4 gallons of water .25 ph down, would take 1cc/ml. Or to move 1 gallon a full 1 down would take the same amount 1cc/ml. That's not a hard rule, everybody's water is slightly different, but it's a good rule of thumb. If you are going to be doing a lot of nutrient/additive measurements I highly recommend some blunt tip syringes as well. If you do use the syringes, label that shit.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DXPR7V4
And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.
Marijuana Botany: An Advanced Study The Propagation And Breeding Of Distinctive Cannabis By Robert Connell Clarke-->https://archive.org/details/Marijuan...nctiveCannabis

Last edited by AgentPothead; 06-02-2018 at 11:44 PM.. Reason: grammar and spelling
AgentPothead is online now Quote

Old 06-12-2018, 06:49 AM #13
Packer420

Quote:
Yeah, that PH meter will only tell you the PH, you will need PH up or down to actually adjust the water. I bought my PH up/down directly from my local hydro shop, it was the basically the same price and I prefer supporting local. A lot of places sell the GeneralHydroponics Test Kit, which includes a dropper, a vial of test solution, and a bottle each of Up and Down. If you get the Jellas PH meter I linked, you can get by with just bottles of Up or Down. And for a rule of thumb, I think it is 1cc/ml of Up/Down for each Gallon of water you want to move 1 full PH point. So to take 4 gallons of water .25 ph down, would take 1cc/ml. Or to move 1 gallon a full 1 down would take the same amount 1cc/ml. That's not a hard rule, everybody's water is slightly different, but it's a good rule of thumb. If you are going to be doing a lot of nutrient/additive measurements I highly recommend some blunt tip syringes as well. If you do use the syringes, label that shit.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DXPR7V4
Thank You AgentPotHead! Really informative for a noob like me. Will save what you have imparted and practice once I get one.

In the mean time, 4 of 5 turned out to be males!!!
Budget is really tight and I only have one of those small inline can filters for exhaust which I know might have caused them to be males.
my humidity is really high as well up to 80 and left with one female which I hope I could save. Due to budget, would I rather invest first with those small electronic dehumidifiers which is way affordable now than a proper exhaust 6inches fan with carbon filter?

Months off hardwork gave me 80 percent males :(
My feminized seeds are on its way but I know I have to fix my 2 x 4 tent first.

What remedies can I do for now if I can't afford those nice dehumidifiers and that proper exhaust?

Thanks in advance!

Old 06-12-2018, 06:58 AM #14
Packer420

Would this exhaust work for my 2x4 tent and attached is a dehumidifier I plan to but while waiting for funds to come to afford those ventilation kits>

https://www.progrow.co.uk/acatalog/RV...4.html#SID=220

Bummer almost all became males and the one left is sickly looking female.

Help guys..

Budget is an issue for now I hope I can still get away with this.

peace
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rghea.jpeg
Views:	3
Size:	6.2 KB
ID:	459152

Old 06-12-2018, 06:59 AM #15
Packer420

https://www.progrow.co.uk/acatalog/RV...4.html#SID=220

Old 06-12-2018, 11:20 PM #16
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant future
That sucks on the 4 out of 5 males, but I don't think the exhaust or humidity had anything to do with that, just bad luck on the draw. A humidity of 80 is high, does the room the tent is in have that high of humidity or just the tent itself? If the room it's in has high humidity, a dehumidifier in the room would probably be the best bet, but larger than the one you linked. If the room has low humidity, but the tent is high, more transfer of air would probably be the best bet, so the fan. The dehumidifier you linked would only really be suitable for lowering the humidity in the tent itself, if the fans aren't pulling the air away faster than it can be dehumidified. You might have to lower exhaust speed to let the air stay in the tent long enough to get dehumidified though. That dehumidifier also has a very tiny reservoir that would need to be emptied daily, or some sort of jerry rigged hose setup to empty into a 5 gallon bucket. And as for the high humidity, if you can maintain enough air flow you theoretically should be okay. An exhaust fan for fresh air and a fan or two in the tent itself to keep it moving. So if you can't afford a decent dehumidifier I might track down a fan or two for inside the tent. https://www.amazon.com/Hurricane-Cli.../dp/B00IGFJFSY
And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.
Marijuana Botany: An Advanced Study The Propagation And Breeding Of Distinctive Cannabis By Robert Connell Clarke-->https://archive.org/details/Marijuan...nctiveCannabis
AgentPothead is online now Quote

Old 06-23-2018, 03:02 AM #17
Packer420

Quote:
That sucks on the 4 out of 5 males, but I don't think the exhaust or humidity had anything to do with that, just bad luck on the draw. A humidity of 80 is high, does the room the tent is in have that high of humidity or just the tent itself? If the room it's in has high humidity, a dehumidifier in the room would probably be the best bet, but larger than the one you linked. If the room has low humidity, but the tent is high, more transfer of air would probably be the best bet, so the fan. The dehumidifier you linked would only really be suitable for lowering the humidity in the tent itself, if the fans aren't pulling the air away faster than it can be dehumidified. You might have to lower exhaust speed to let the air stay in the tent long enough to get dehumidified though. That dehumidifier also has a very tiny reservoir that would need to be emptied daily, or some sort of jerry rigged hose setup to empty into a 5 gallon bucket. And as for the high humidity, if you can maintain enough air flow you theoretically should be okay. An exhaust fan for fresh air and a fan or two in the tent itself to keep it moving. So if you can't afford a decent dehumidifier I might track down a fan or two for inside the tent. https://www.amazon.com/Hurricane-Cli.../dp/B00IGFJFSY
For now i replaced with a stronger fan inside the tent for the previous one was really "mild". Would try also to get one of those fans on the link for the clip fan i have now is weak.

Small portable dehumidifier came in yesterday and would use to help as im still to order one of those inline fans in amazon for my 2" x 4" x 6" tents.

Attached is a 6" from amazon with speed controller? Is this okay for my tent size? Can you recommend an inline fan from amazon which is really budget friedly and efficient..
Thanks heaps guys 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	460343

Old 06-23-2018, 01:51 PM #18
EvergreenState

EvergreenState is a splendid one to beholdEvergreenState is a splendid one to beholdEvergreenState is a splendid one to beholdEvergreenState is a splendid one to beholdEvergreenState is a splendid one to beholdEvergreenState is a splendid one to beholdEvergreenState is a splendid one to beholdEvergreenState is a splendid one to beholdEvergreenState is a splendid one to beholdEvergreenState is a splendid one to beholdEvergreenState is a splendid one to behold
Don't forget to get calibration and storage solutions for the ph meter.
I have a standard botany text book that I had in college that states that the sex is already determined in the seed. You cannot make it male or female.
Political zealotry makes one blind to sincere human emotions.
A socially inept man created the world's largest social networking site and is telling the world what is social.
EvergreenState is offline Quote

Old 06-23-2018, 07:06 PM #19
Packer420

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvergreenState View Post
Don't forget to get calibration and storage solutions for the ph meter.
I have a standard botany text book that I had in college that states that the sex is already determined in the seed. You cannot make it male or female.
Those ph buffers 4.0 and 7.0?
I saw somewhere feminized seeds that were fed to force to become males?

Ph kit and meter otw! Gotta add those calibrations let me google it then again: