What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cop's Marijuana Legalization Question Gets 1st Place in White House Video Contest

SoulMachete

Veteran
dude i was just gonna post about this...since it looks like your link is messed up....@5:30 today obama will be hosting an online townhall type meeting and answering questions that were posted on the white house website. people were given the oppertunity to vote on the questions to be asked. and allegedly the president will be answering the most popular questions. guess which questions were the most popular? herb questions of course!

so tune in if you wanna hear what kind of bullshit the man has to say or if he even has the spine to answer the cannabis legalization questions at all. (doubtful....)

peace

skullznroses

that aint nothing but 10 cent lovin
Veteran
The vid works for me... This is what I predict:

The Obama Robot does not support Marijuana...The Obama Robot does not support Marijuana...The Obama Robot does not support Marijuana...The Obama Robot does not support Marijuana...The Obama Robot does not support Marijuana...The Obama Robot does not support Marijuana...The Obama Robot does not support Marijuana...The Obama Robot does not support Marijuana...

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
nice one, i bet he won't say anything that we will be happy to hear. not with the campaign for re election going forward. although if that statistic is really true i don't see why the hell he wouldn't say something we want to hear with regards to cannabis.

Preacher

We're not letting him just dismiss the issue. If we have to wait four years till Obama's hair is solid white from stress of trying to dodge this, so be it.

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
I don't know. He needs to get back some of the voters he's pissed off so at this point the sorry fucker might just say legalize it. He can always back track after if he wins again.

Warped1

I'm a victim of fast women and slow horses
Veteran
I don't know..I figure Obama's hair will be white regardless of his stance on MMJ or legalization. Wait 4 years..for what? Legalization or decriminalization..figure it out. We'll always be criminals folks.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
It's live streaming right now (3:47 PM eastern time) He hasn't mentioned the question yet.

[youtubeif]artg9gfOwL4[/youtubeif]

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
His advisors are probably telling him that saying anything about this issue will give the Republican candidate something to rally behind. After 6 more months of "Obama wants your children to smoke the devil's weed" a lot of formerly open-minded conservative types would probably drink the kool aid.

Our best and only hope (IMHO) of Obama doing anything good for us is AFTER the election, when he has nothing to lose. (And I've little hope that it will happen then, truth be told.)

L

LouDog420

Watchin now, did he mention anything yet??

Looks like it is almost two hours in...

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Looks like they're going to completely ignore it all together. If they don't even pose the question, he doesn't have to give a non-answer.

budbasket

Former cop asking about marijuana legalization wins White House question contest

Former cop asking about marijuana legalization wins White House question contest

A retired LAPD deputy police chief asking about marijuana legalization has ranked first among the videos in the White House's "Your interview with the president" YouTube contest.
"From my 20 years of experience I have come to see our country's drug policies as a failure and a complete waste of criminal justice resources. According to the Gallup Poll, the number of Americans who support legalizing and regulating marijuana now outnumbers those who support continuing prohibition. What do you say to this growing voter constituency?" former LAPD cop Stephen Downing asks President Obama in the video below.
Last year, another former law enforcement officer asked the president about marijuana legalization. Obama answered then that legalization is "an entirely legitimate topic for debate." But the Obama administration maintains that marijuana has no proven medical benefits, and the Justice Department has signaled that medical marijuana dispensaries in states where they are legalized may face federal prosecution. Obama will answer the top-voted questions at 5:30 p.m. ET here.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout...-legalization-wins-white-house-165141150.html

Barn Owl

Legalizing MJ could be a panic button for any of these scumbags who really want to take the election.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^they think it is politically dangerous, but even many conservatives against legalization are now for it. The whole personal responsibility thing is on the way back. People are sick of being micro managed in there daily lives from D.C.

G

guest86120975

It is easy to get mad at the big O. But, I think that he is an endgame sort of guy. I support him. If, after he is re-elected, and if...if the Democrats can take back the House and keep the Senate...then look out. If that happens, though, and he still doesn't make a move, then I'll get pissed. He just needs an opening first, and right now is a really bad time.

resinryder

Veteran
It is easy to get mad at the big O. But, I think that he is an endgame sort of guy. I support him. If, after he is re-elected, and if...if the Democrats can take back the House and keep the Senate...then look out. If that happens, though, and he still doesn't make a move, then I'll get pissed. He just needs an opening first, and right now is a really bad time.

LOL. And if he doesn't pass it if he gets reelected, maybe the Dem that runs for office in 2016 will say he will legalize it and leave those who use it per state law will be left alone. Um, um koolaid taste like political ass.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
At the current rate, if he is re-elected it simply won't matter. By 2016 none of us will be able to afford to buy power, supplies, or anything else.

resinryder

Veteran
You mean all that the renewable energy that we'll be forced to use, that isn't ready for use, won't be affordable? Maybe we can all become environmentalist. That seems to be who they listen to the most. Wonder what the pay is?

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
no president will EVER be the "president who legalized weed". this has to be dealt with as a states right issue and have a president who wont send his attack hounds