Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > First Grow!

Thread Title Search
First Grow! Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-10-2019, 12:32 AM #1
Ragga89

Ragga89 is on a distinguished road
First Grow!

Hello guys,

This is my first grow and my setup is a 1.2x1.2x2.0 cultibox tent a 600w hps with cooltube, 125mm intake fan and 150mm exhaust fan. I am planning to grow 7 plants in there. So my first problem is that after germinating my seeds, i placed them in their pots and then in the tent. I have low temperatures, like 14 C, so in order to get it to atleast 25 i opened the lamp and the whole air system. My point is how big of a problem is if a seedling has a 600w light, placed far up and as far as possible? Will they survive or no? Thanks in advance!
Ragga89 is offline Quote

Old 02-10-2019, 01:12 AM #2
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

Switcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragga89 View Post
Hello guys,

This is my first grow and my setup is a 1.2x1.2x2.0 cultibox tent a 600w hps with cooltube, 125mm intake fan and 150mm exhaust fan. I am planning to grow 7 plants in there. So my first problem is that after germinating my seeds, i placed them in their pots and then in the tent. I have low temperatures, like 14 C, so in order to get it to atleast 25 i opened the lamp and the whole air system. My point is how big of a problem is if a seedling has a 600w light, placed far up and as far as possible? Will they survive or no? Thanks in advance!
... they won't like it! Raise your temps in the room that holds your tent.

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch...
Switcher56 is online now Quote

Old 02-10-2019, 01:14 AM #3
Teddybrae
Irresponsible Hermit

Teddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant future
And ... welcome to the Site!
Teddybrae is offline Quote

Old 02-10-2019, 01:25 AM #4
Ragga89

Thank you very much! Glad i've found you! So.. when you say "they won't like it", you mean they will die? Sorry if that sounds like a stupid question but honestly i don't know a lot. The thing is that i can't raise the temperature because it's a basement and it's like empty. Do you have any suggestions? Again, thanks you!
Ragga89 is offline Quote

Old 02-10-2019, 01:31 AM #5
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

Switcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond repute
Heat your basement, or place a radiant htr in your tent (on a thermostat)! You want your temps between 20-25 degrees C.

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch...
Switcher56 is online now Quote

Old 02-10-2019, 01:40 AM #6
Ragga89

Ok, so go get it right. When i am waiting for the seedling to come out and grow for atleast 3 weeks i must have it in the dark till they go to the veg phase?
Ragga89 is offline Quote

Old 02-10-2019, 03:47 AM #7
Lrus007

Lrus007 is a splendid one to beholdLrus007 is a splendid one to beholdLrus007 is a splendid one to beholdLrus007 is a splendid one to beholdLrus007 is a splendid one to beholdLrus007 is a splendid one to beholdLrus007 is a splendid one to beholdLrus007 is a splendid one to beholdLrus007 is a splendid one to beholdLrus007 is a splendid one to beholdLrus007 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Hello guys,

i put sprouting seedlings under a 1000 watt.
only a little over a foot above them.
they like the light and heat. if your light is
closer. your temps at the seedlings will be warmer.
they will be ok under your 600. but run a fan so no
hot spots under light.
hope this helps Lrus007
My therapist says I am a habitual liar and an attention seeker, therefore nothing I say/write is true and under no circumstances should I be believed nor held accountable for anything I say. all photo's are paintings

admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof
Lrus007 is offline Quote

Old 02-10-2019, 03:51 AM #8
Lrus007

Lrus007 is a splendid one to beholdLrus007 is a splendid one to beholdLrus007 is a splendid one to beholdLrus007 is a splendid one to beholdLrus007 is a splendid one to beholdLrus007 is a splendid one to beholdLrus007 is a splendid one to beholdLrus007 is a splendid one to beholdLrus007 is a splendid one to beholdLrus007 is a splendid one to beholdLrus007 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Ok, so go get it right. When i am waiting for the seedling to come out and grow for atleast 3 weeks i must have it in the dark till they go to the veg phase?
you want 18 to 24 hours of light during grow.
when it is time to bud 12 hours on and 12 hours
off for the light.
Lrus007
My therapist says I am a habitual liar and an attention seeker, therefore nothing I say/write is true and under no circumstances should I be believed nor held accountable for anything I say. all photo's are paintings

admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof
Lrus007 is offline Quote

Old 02-10-2019, 11:31 AM #9
Ragga89

Thank you so much for your answers my friend! I will try to see what happens, otherwise i will take something that produces enough heat for the tent so i can get started... any other suggestions you would like to give? I'll try to give a screenshot today if possible from my setup.
Ragga89 is offline Quote

Old 02-10-2019, 11:54 AM #10
Brother Nature

Brother Nature has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Nature has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Nature has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Nature has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Nature has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Nature has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Nature has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Nature has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Nature has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Nature has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Nature has a reputation beyond repute
Hey mate, congratulations on starting. The first grow is always the best, you learn the most. There's a lot of information on the 'tutorial' page of this site (https://www.icmag.com/modules/Tutorials/) some of it is old, but the vast majority of it still applies. Also, don't' worry too much man, you learn something every grow, that is the true goal.

A smart man learns from his mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others.
Brother Nature is online now Quote

3 members found this post helpful.