in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Coco Coir > Tools

Thread Title Search
Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-26-2018, 02:06 AM #1
sc1

sc1 will become famous soon enough
Tools

Can anyone reccomend a few testing meters or tools for using coco or soil. Such as ppm tds ec ph
sc1 is offline Quote

Old 09-26-2018, 02:58 AM #2
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivor
ppm, ec, tds are all different ways of measuring the same thing so you'll only need one of those and a pH meter.

I'd avoid a combo meter for the simple fact that if one portion of the meter becomes unusable, you still have to replace that meter.
MJPassion is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-26-2018, 03:11 AM #3
RB56

RB56 is a name known to allRB56 is a name known to allRB56 is a name known to allRB56 is a name known to allRB56 is a name known to allRB56 is a name known to allRB56 is a name known to allRB56 is a name known to allRB56 is a name known to allRB56 is a name known to allRB56 is a name known to all
I've had great luck with Bluelab. pH meter and EC Truncheon. Also good to have pH drops for testing as a backup or reference, if you don't believe what you're seeing on the meter.
RB56 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-26-2018, 04:59 AM #4
sc1

sc1 will become famous soon enough
I’ve run into some deficiencies. I can’t see if I’ve added too many nutrients or if they need more. So just one ppm or ec and a ph. Well I’ll do some research.
sc1 is offline Quote

Old 09-26-2018, 02:55 PM #5
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivor
If you can post a picture of your plant and some environmental information you might get some help with diagnosis.
MJPassion is offline Quote

Old 09-26-2018, 07:39 PM #6
Goats

Goats has much to be proud ofGoats has much to be proud ofGoats has much to be proud ofGoats has much to be proud ofGoats has much to be proud ofGoats has much to be proud ofGoats has much to be proud ofGoats has much to be proud ofGoats has much to be proud ofGoats has much to be proud ofGoats has much to be proud of
i will second the bluelab suggestion. my partner dropped two cheap pH pens into the reservoir before we spent the money on the bluelab. it's been almost 3 years now and it's still going strong.
Goats is offline Quote

Old 09-27-2018, 03:35 AM #7
Speed of green

Speed of green is a jewel in the roughSpeed of green is a jewel in the roughSpeed of green is a jewel in the roughSpeed of green is a jewel in the roughSpeed of green is a jewel in the roughSpeed of green is a jewel in the roughSpeed of green is a jewel in the rough
Truncheon for ec
Blue lab ph pen, calibrate every two weeks.
Speed of green is offline Quote

Old 09-27-2018, 05:44 AM #8
Mikell
Dipshit Know-Nothing

Mikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond repute
Bluelab pens should be a dime a dozen. The truncheon is gold.

I like the Guardian meter but when I buy a new one it'll be Hanna or otherwise.
Mikell is offline Quote

Old 09-27-2018, 10:40 PM #9
RicoT

RicoT is just really niceRicoT is just really niceRicoT is just really niceRicoT is just really niceRicoT is just really niceRicoT is just really niceRicoT is just really niceRicoT is just really niceRicoT is just really niceRicoT is just really niceRicoT is just really nice
Another vote for the truncheon here. I think it was a little expensive, but it's the only one I've ever had to buy in years, and have never calibrated it or anything other than wiping it dry and back in the plastic tube till next time.

For Ph, I use the drops. Cheap and reliable. Although sometimes I do wonder how accurate or close to 6 I actually am with the "pee yellow" standard.
RicoT is offline Quote

Old 02-12-2019, 12:18 PM #10
GodspeedGrows

GodspeedGrows is on a distinguished road
apera ph20 FTW
GodspeedGrows is offline Quote