You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > you never seen someone so useless

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
you never seen someone so useless Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-13-2019, 01:21 AM #541
nickman

nickman has a brilliant futurenickman has a brilliant futurenickman has a brilliant futurenickman has a brilliant futurenickman has a brilliant futurenickman has a brilliant futurenickman has a brilliant futurenickman has a brilliant futurenickman has a brilliant futurenickman has a brilliant futurenickman has a brilliant future
I used the Hortilix dual-arc 1000 watt bulb for a while with good results... it’s like a 600 watt hps and a 400 watt mh bulb all in one...

Some grows I’d use the bulb the whole way through, from veg through flower... others I’d just switch to they’re 1000 watt super hps...

The price of The dual arc bulb is why I eventually stopped using it... something like $189.00 ... this was few years ago though so maybe now you can find them cheaper...

I always used Hortilux bulbs but they’re just expensive ...!!!...

In December I bought some bulbs from a company I never tried yet...
They’re called yield lab, you may have heard of them... well the main reason I bought the bulbs was because I got three 1000 watt hps bulbs for like $90.00 ... also got a free 1000watt mh bulb when I purchased something else...

I read a report where they tested like 5 or 6 different 1000 watt hps bulbs... Hortilux came in first place but yield lab was right behind them and at a fraction of the cost...!!!...
So far so good...!!!...

I hate looking at my plants and taking pics with those hps bulbs on... looks so much better with a mh...

nickman is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-13-2019, 01:42 AM #542
CannaRed
Cannabinerd

CannaRed has much to be proud ofCannaRed has much to be proud ofCannaRed has much to be proud ofCannaRed has much to be proud ofCannaRed has much to be proud ofCannaRed has much to be proud ofCannaRed has much to be proud ofCannaRed has much to be proud ofCannaRed has much to be proud ofCannaRed has much to be proud ofCannaRed has much to be proud of
Tell me about the 400w conversion.
You plug 315cmh into converter then screw that into hps fixture and ballast? Or you need another ballast?
CannaRed is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-13-2019, 01:54 AM #543
useless.gardens
pathetic garden slut

useless.gardens is a survivoruseless.gardens is a survivoruseless.gardens is a survivoruseless.gardens is a survivoruseless.gardens is a survivoruseless.gardens is a survivoruseless.gardens is a survivoruseless.gardens is a survivoruseless.gardens is a survivoruseless.gardens is a survivoruseless.gardens is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannaRed View Post
Tell me about the 400w conversion.
You plug 315cmh into converter then screw that into hps fixture and ballast? Or you need another ballast?
https://www.htgsupply.com/products/g...-bulb-cmh-lamp

you can find the bulb way cheaper. i got 3 @ $30 ($90) to my door.
useless.gardens is offline Quote

Old 02-13-2019, 03:11 AM #544
Vanilla Phoenix
Super Lurker

Vanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by useless.gardens View Post
the "blue mh" bulb by hortilux is awesome. its one of the best start to finish (agricultural) HID lamps out there.

i just picked up 2 @ "super hps" by hortilux for $35. another killer deal. i'll be able to change out to a more orange/red (fall type) spectrum the last few weeks of flower. gonna be making some beautiful nuggets. got bulbs to spare in case of emergency.

even got an extra ballast. just in case.

i dont do the 1000w lamps... im a fan of the 400w-er.

definitely very happy with the 315w cmh i bought too. veg plants look bomb under it.

gonna finish my first run with the 400w ge cmh conversion bulb to show everybody how nice the flowers turn out.

just got in from a plumbing supply hvac supply store. first time i ever been to a place like that. couldnt find a 12x3.25x6 stack boot on a 90* so i ordered one online. paid $14 too much. then, i go to the home creepo to grab a 10x3 register box to 6" round on a 90*... they dont have it nor do they stock it. i get lucky. there's a guy in the isle that tells me about this plumbing/hvac store up the street.

now, at the hvac/plumbing store, i can get exactly what i need, get killer advice, and support a local company. his prices are sweet too. register boot cost me $6 and 100 self tappers cost me $2.50. sweet!

and, lucky me, i was gonna cut the wrong size hole in the floor (fix it with duct tape & liquid nail?) ...so glad i went to a real hvac store. guy was/is crazy knowledgeable.

moving the vent line over a rafter is gonna be a breeze & i'll cut the right size hole in the floor. stoked.
Just curious why you don’t go bigger than a 400?
Vanilla Phoenix is online now Quote

Old 02-13-2019, 05:47 AM #545
useless.gardens
pathetic garden slut

useless.gardens is a survivoruseless.gardens is a survivoruseless.gardens is a survivoruseless.gardens is a survivoruseless.gardens is a survivoruseless.gardens is a survivoruseless.gardens is a survivoruseless.gardens is a survivoruseless.gardens is a survivoruseless.gardens is a survivoruseless.gardens is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Phoenix View Post
Just curious why you don’t go bigger than a 400?
amps.
& heat.

for me, 1000w making about 3000+ btu of heat is too much ...& thats just one source of light.

plus, you need some ceiling height to rock a 1000w lamp. ive never been so lucky as a basement grower.

i get plenty good results from 400w lights & get a chance to run mixed spectrum lamps.

my last space, i was using hps, mh, led, & cmh in flower.

i want to have a large grow space but not at the cost of a bunch of amps in one or two fixtures.

just what works for me. different strokes for folks.

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-13-2019, 04:34 PM #546
grayeyes

grayeyes is a jewel in the roughgrayeyes is a jewel in the roughgrayeyes is a jewel in the roughgrayeyes is a jewel in the roughgrayeyes is a jewel in the roughgrayeyes is a jewel in the roughgrayeyes is a jewel in the rough
Buy more seeds useless!

the seed sellers don't have enough of your money.
grayeyes is offline Quote

Old 02-13-2019, 04:48 PM #547
useless.gardens
pathetic garden slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayeyes View Post
Buy more seeds useless!

the seed sellers don't have enough of your money.
what do you care what i do with my money?

id buy seeds every week if i could. lol.

right now, im about that gear.
need my own little hydro store.

working on a self contained growing apparatus.

Old 02-13-2019, 11:57 PM #548
LostTribe

LostTribe has much to be proud ofLostTribe has much to be proud ofLostTribe has much to be proud ofLostTribe has much to be proud ofLostTribe has much to be proud ofLostTribe has much to be proud ofLostTribe has much to be proud ofLostTribe has much to be proud ofLostTribe has much to be proud ofLostTribe has much to be proud ofLostTribe has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by useless.gardens View Post
the "blue mh" bulb by hortilux is awesome. its one of the best start to finish (agricultural) HID lamps out there.

i just picked up 2 @ "super hps" by hortilux for $35. another killer deal. i'll be able to change out to a more orange/red (fall type) spectrum the last few weeks of flower. gonna be making some beautiful nuggets. got bulbs to spare in case of emergency.

even got an extra ballast. just in case.

i dont do the 1000w lamps... im a fan of the 400w-er.

definitely very happy with the 315w cmh i bought too. veg plants look bomb under it.

gonna finish my first run with the 400w ge cmh conversion bulb to show everybody how nice the flowers turn out.

just got in from a plumbing supply hvac supply store. first time i ever been to a place like that. couldnt find a 12x3.25x6 stack boot on a 90* so i ordered one online. paid $14 too much. then, i go to the home creepo to grab a 10x3 register box to 6" round on a 90*... they dont have it nor do they stock it. i get lucky. there's a guy in the isle that tells me about this plumbing/hvac store up the street.

now, at the hvac/plumbing store, i can get exactly what i need, get killer advice, and support a local company. his prices are sweet too. register boot cost me $6 and 100 self tappers cost me $2.50. sweet!

and, lucky me, i was gonna cut the wrong size hole in the floor (fix it with duct tape & liquid nail?) ...so glad i went to a real hvac store. guy was/is crazy knowledgeable.

moving the vent line over a rafter is gonna be a breeze & i'll cut the right size hole in the floor. stoked.
STOP! Put the Sawzall down and step back! Seriously what are you cutting a hole in the floor to vent?

Is this for the new furnace? Why can't you use the venting from the old oil unit?

C99 The Ultimate Search and Rescue Mission
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=334331

Treating Cancer with Concentrates
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=301121
LostTribe is offline Quote

Old 02-14-2019, 01:37 AM #549
useless.gardens
pathetic garden slut

no man should ever have put down the cutty destroying device.
pry that sawzall from my cold dead hands.

i cant vent down that rafter channel. the joists are sistered & the old duct work is 12x3. now, with the added structure, i can only get a 10x3 in that area.

&, because i changed the size of the vanity & moved the stack & toilet, there's plumbing going into that area.

there'd be neither work space nor room for both the duct work & plumbing.

let me take some pics.

brb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostTribe View Post
STOP! Put the Sawzall down and step back! Seriously what are you cutting a hole in the floor to vent?

Is this for the new furnace? Why can't you use the venting from the old oil unit?

Last edited by useless.gardens; 02-14-2019 at 01:53 AM..

Old 02-14-2019, 01:51 AM #550
useless.gardens
pathetic garden slut

just won that auction. got 2 hortilux "super hps" for $30 shipped to my door. STOKED !

& james be*n company emailed a promo. he's getting ready to start stocking exotix genetix. say what !

<=== house discussion bottom of last page cont.

this is the area i sistered. the bathroom floor was beyond rotted. you can see the rectangular hole where the old vent line kicked heat out the wall on the side of a 14" vanity.

i increased the vanity to 24" (and a sexy vanity at that) and moved the toilet over toward the wall a few inches. you can see the toilet line at the back toward the right. the vanity is also gonna drop the drain in the same rafter channel as the toilet line. no room for the old vent trunk (vent line). i want to trap the sink in the basement. though i might cut through a plate on the floor. at the very least, i want to run 2 ox-boxes for the pex lines to the toilet & vanity. my thought was to go through the floor plates. the vanity line i was gonna drop through the floor about 12-13" from that rectangular hole in the floor where the old vent was. that area is getting repaired very soon. so that hole will be no more.

next rafter channel over. the vent would terminate right under the window. im going with a 10x2 vent in this space.

here you can see the 12x3 duct line from 1962. i added a stack boot to a 6" round. and, from there, plan to go into the next rafter channel and run down to the location in the above pic for the register box.

Last edited by useless.gardens; 02-14-2019 at 02:32 AM..

4 members found this post helpful.