You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > Vintage Colombian

Thread Title Search
Click for Cannapot - buy cannabis seeds
Vintage Colombian Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-21-2019, 04:52 PM #1651
mr.brunch

mr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivor
Lovely stuff
All the best of luck

https://www.jackherer.com/thebook/

Originally posted by jimmy cliff:

Well they tell me ‘bout the pie up in the sky,
Waiting for me when I die
But between the day you’re born and when you die,
They never seem to hear even your cry.
So as soon as the sun
Will shine,
I'm gonna get my share of
What's mine.
And then the harder they come ,
The harder they fall,
One and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post

Put out the joint, step away from the computer and go for a walk.
Current: csg dead chem head- https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=360280

Mars hydro ts1000 test- https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=362526

csg triangle cheesedog x London church testers- https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=362387
mr.brunch is online now Quote

Old 02-21-2019, 07:16 PM #1652
Koondense

Koondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant future
Koondense has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Thanks to you Red, your posts bring true inspiration to many of us.
Keep on living the dream!

Cheers
Koondense is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-21-2019, 09:07 PM #1653
red rider

red rider has a brilliant futurered rider has a brilliant futurered rider has a brilliant futurered rider has a brilliant futurered rider has a brilliant futurered rider has a brilliant futurered rider has a brilliant futurered rider has a brilliant futurered rider has a brilliant futurered rider has a brilliant futurered rider has a brilliant future
Finca 1

Here's some pictures from yesterdays visit. I was talking too much to take many pictures. It was a little cloudy but perfect temp like 18c and no humidity. Nice and breezing in the little valley, warmed up quick when the sun peaked out later in the afternoon.

The trees really put out a beautiful smell that drifts right up to the spot on top of the hill where the greenhouses will be located.
We are right at 2,200 meters of year round spring, feel really positive about this place.

red rider
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07448.jpg
Views:	603
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	486565 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07450.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	486566 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07451.jpg
Views:	604
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	486567
red rider is offline Quote

13 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-01-2019, 05:39 PM #1654
Miraculous Meds

Miraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by red rider View Post
After what seems like a lot of BS we are finally getting somewhere. I was at the finca all day yesterday with the greenhouse guy and the owner of the finca and my investor. Only takes a couple weeks max to build the three greenhouses we need but they have to put up fences and security as well as processing buildings and my house.

View Image

I am so excited not only to start this project (which are my projects)but also to get out of Bogota. I've been living and working in one of the investors houses in the "rich" part of town for the past couple months. I don't like being around all these rich snobby people and all the pollution and noisy traffic. The house is super nice and I've got the whole place to myself (except the mean cleaning lady that comes once a week) but I would much rather be in a tent on the finca. I'm also getting good dog, (I stopped looking for a woman, too much drama) I haven't had a dog around since I've been in Colombia.

View Image

So as soon as we actually have some buildings, I'l get more pictures.
But for now I'm just chilling out in the big house.

red rider

Looks like a little slice of heaven. Glad to see your on your feet and getting ready to hit the ground running. Dog over woman equals less drama, but the dog doesn't keep you warm in the bed at night. Well, for most people.
Miraculous Meds is offline Quote

Old 03-01-2019, 08:32 PM #1655
red rider

red rider has a brilliant futurered rider has a brilliant futurered rider has a brilliant futurered rider has a brilliant futurered rider has a brilliant futurered rider has a brilliant futurered rider has a brilliant futurered rider has a brilliant futurered rider has a brilliant futurered rider has a brilliant futurered rider has a brilliant future
I tried an early but well dried University Mangobiche yesterday afternoon. I didn't take a picture because after I pulled all the seed out it looked pretty mangled. I've grown and of course smoked a good bit of the Mangobiche before and really liked it but it didn't hit very hard and was mostly for mornings only. However this Mangobiche kicked my ass, I just had a big lunch and took the afternoon to chill with a movie. This MB has a really different taste and smell, very sticky despite the lack of visible trics. The burnt taste isn't sweet, kind of like wood/incense type flavor going in and green herb on the exhale. Not super tasty, might get better with a cure. Harsh expansion on the lungs, made me cough. I didn't feel anything at first, maybe for 5 or 10 minutes and I though was weak as hell. Then I started feeling like a wave building and bam, it hit me, almost made me feel uncomfortable like a dab does sometimes. But it leveled out real quick I was met with a steady euphoric rush, I was really surprised as I was expecting a totally different effect.
The bad thing was after an hour it put me to sleep and I woke up feeling thick headed. I tried it again this morning and no sleepiness at the end and not as clean as I like it.
I have no idea what plant this really is, I had 10 of them in flower but only two true females (this was one) and not one true male. Since I can't get any more of this particular plant from the university, I pollinated the two females with a couple Bangi Haze males I had. So I'm waiting on the license so I can grow out 100 or so legally and see what we got. The finca is ready but can't grow any plants there until we get the license, this month they tell me.

red rider

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-02-2019, 12:27 AM #1656
therevverend

therevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant future
Quote:
There's a lot of foreign entrepeneurs here in Antioquia, but it baffles me that most of them come here with the purpose of growing indicas and 8-week indoor hybrids in greenhouses. RH is way higher than 60% during most of the year and the temperature, at least in my small personal greenhouse at 1500 m a.s.l, is consistently higher than 32 celsius during the day. It's like they are totally oblivious of basic cannabis botany. No to mention the high, year-round pest and disease pressure. They don't seem to understand that the plant of choice in the tropics is a... tropical sativa. Why do I even have to say "tropical sativa"? Well, they are convinced that an 8-week indoor plant is a sativa.
Red Rider's answer, cheap labor and quick profits, is the best answer. Why mess around with a 16 week flowering time and a 4-6 month Veg when you can start clones indoors, put them in greenhouses in the tropical sun to flower for 8 weeks, then turn them over quickly. Plug in the dehumidfiers and go. The sunlight should be so intense you don't even need to Veg the plants and you don't need light Dep because of the short days. It's a commercial growers dream.

To make it that much worse the tourists expect good pot to be what they expect good pot to be, like the stuff they smoke back home which makes for a quick turnover. Then they can brag to their friends when they get home they smoked, 'Killer Jamaican bud!'

Quote:
As far as dealing with the native pathogens and pests, we (myself and some guys from the national university) are currently exploring not only resistant varieties but also employing native effective microorganisms to counter balance. Combined with no till soil the plants I'm growing now are 100% pest and pathogen free (without using any pesticides or fungicides ever) and no fertilizers. I still have a long way to go but now I'm backed by people with not only money but by folks that believe in me and my dream. Also I don't even want to try to grow anything below 1,500 meters, as I've always felt high altitude cannabis is more complex and unique
Always a pleasure to read your threads and see what you're up to. It's a dream for a lot of people to do what you're doing, awesome you're able to take a shot at it. I know people running legal grows in eastern Washington, even though they're running thousands of plants they don't use pesticides of any kind. All their pest control involves using biological methods, using predators and such to devour the mites and other parasites, in a region where broad mites are ubiquitous. It's great how far we've come in that regard and glad you're getting dialed in on it.
therevverend is offline Quote

Old 03-02-2019, 12:59 AM #1657
Rico _El_Guapo

Rico _El_Guapo is a jewel in the roughRico _El_Guapo is a jewel in the roughRico _El_Guapo is a jewel in the roughRico _El_Guapo is a jewel in the roughRico _El_Guapo is a jewel in the roughRico _El_Guapo is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by therevverend View Post
Why mess around with a 16 week flowering time and a 4-6 month Veg when you can start clones indoors, put them in greenhouses in the tropical sun to flower for 8 weeks, then turn them over quickly.
Well, in most cases, the 16 weeker will be a monster, those sea of greens would look miniature.

That being said, the work and the yield, side by side would really show results. I know some outdoor sativas could get a bit whispy.

Redrider- that place looks intense. Good on ya.
Rico _El_Guapo is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-02-2019, 11:28 AM #1658
red rider

Zipacon

It is true about the foreign investors here, gigantic warehouse grows. Every bodies so excited to be working legally in cannabis they don't see themselves being exploited. And these are young educated people not poor peasants. Not my concern at the moment but on the list. I have my own battles going on with my company. So I went to go talk to some lawyers and more "investment" people yesterday. Long boring beating around the bush till I got really tired of it all. I don't want to be a big production company and I won't budge on my cultivation methods or ethical practices. Blah blah and they all agreed with me once they heard the whole story. The money, I have very few needs, I plan to grow my own food at the finca (Zipacon) and I carry no debt so I need very little. However I have kids and an ex that do need money for a decent life and education so I made sure to get more than enough money for them.But when I was in that office yesterday looking at all these fancy dressed up (I was as always in jeans and flip flops) and I know none of them had ever even gotten high, all drooling over the potential money to be made it pissed me off. It put me in a bad mood and I was not very friendly, I was going to walk a couple times. Anyway I feel we have everything worked out for the moment.
I've got to go Monday for a check up with a camera up the you know what, to make sure my bladder cancer is gone (I know it is but) so I'm stressed. They will sedate me but still wearing on me and I just want to be done with it all. Last week got into an argument with the young chemist expert.Long story but this guy is really smart and even teaches at the university but he has no knowledge of plants and 0% experience with cannabis. But he has this know it all smart ass attitude that just rubs me the wrong way. It was almost a fight last Saturday as the dude comes to my house and start demanding I do this that or the other. I so I threw out of the house by the scruff of the neck. I was shaking with anger and threatened to kill all the plants and leave, like a little kid. Big dramatic day, but I calmed down and got back on track after talking the my business partner.
Anyway just waiting on Monday so I can get this damn medical thing over with and get back to work.
Thanks so much for the comments, your advice and support is the world to me, sorry about the rant. The best is yet to come and my overall confidence is strong. More to come.

red rider

9 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-02-2019, 12:45 PM #1659
Illuminate
Keyboard Warrior

Illuminate has a brilliant futureIlluminate has a brilliant futureIlluminate has a brilliant futureIlluminate has a brilliant futureIlluminate has a brilliant futureIlluminate has a brilliant futureIlluminate has a brilliant futureIlluminate has a brilliant futureIlluminate has a brilliant futureIlluminate has a brilliant futureIlluminate has a brilliant future
Good luck hermano.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Nature View Post
I love how this is a plant we've been breeding and manipulating for hundreds of years, if not more, in order to serve our needs yet we've only just recently started taking notes.
Illuminate is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-03-2019, 09:55 PM #1660
Nordic Stoner

Nordic Stoner will become famous soon enoughNordic Stoner will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by red rider View Post
It is true about the foreign investors here, gigantic warehouse grows. Every bodies so excited to be working legally in cannabis they don't see themselves being exploited. And these are young educated people not poor peasants. Not my concern at the moment but on the list. I have my own battles going on with my company. So I went to go talk to some lawyers and more "investment" people yesterday. Long boring beating around the bush till I got really tired of it all. I don't want to be a big production company and I won't budge on my cultivation methods or ethical practices. Blah blah and they all agreed with me once they heard the whole story. The money, I have very few needs, I plan to grow my own food at the finca (Zipacon) and I carry no debt so I need very little. However I have kids and an ex that do need money for a decent life and education so I made sure to get more than enough money for them.But when I was in that office yesterday looking at all these fancy dressed up (I was as always in jeans and flip flops) and I know none of them had ever even gotten high, all drooling over the potential money to be made it pissed me off. It put me in a bad mood and I was not very friendly, I was going to walk a couple times. Anyway I feel we have everything worked out for the moment.
I've got to go Monday for a check up with a camera up the you know what, to make sure my bladder cancer is gone (I know it is but) so I'm stressed. They will sedate me but still wearing on me and I just want to be done with it all. Last week got into an argument with the young chemist expert.Long story but this guy is really smart and even teaches at the university but he has no knowledge of plants and 0% experience with cannabis. But he has this know it all smart ass attitude that just rubs me the wrong way. It was almost a fight last Saturday as the dude comes to my house and start demanding I do this that or the other. I so I threw out of the house by the scruff of the neck. I was shaking with anger and threatened to kill all the plants and leave, like a little kid. Big dramatic day, but I calmed down and got back on track after talking the my business partner.
Anyway just waiting on Monday so I can get this damn medical thing over with and get back to work.
Thanks so much for the comments, your advice and support is the world to me, sorry about the rant. The best is yet to come and my overall confidence is strong. More to come.

red rider
don't let these nerds get on your nerves man, gotta be cold and calculated
Nordic Stoner is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.