What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Martinique Smoking TOUR, into the Carribean

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
Hi !

Herbalistic > Thanks. I'm gonna have a lot of nice seeds, and now have great friends who are ready to trade some nice strains.

Ganja Pasha : I still don't know where those landraces could come from. I've never smoked any columbian or south american strains so i can't judge for myself.
But for sure martinique is not the best place to get the best herb. The sailors i've spoken with this week end told me that Ganja from St Vincent were by far the best of all south carribean. St Lucia is known for some grows too, but St Vincent is the place where people grows. But due to some issues with hard drugs it can be a dangerous place...
But my friends went there without any problems, and weed is a lot cheaper, around 130$/ kg, crazy :)

CCRider, crownedsparrow : thank you for your posts, great to see ya around !

EvilRaven1031:
The whole box with little plants is random Dutch Strains. they are good to smoke, but not that potent and way too stony...
I 'll give the man better seeds as he's planning on making his own seeds and try to stabilize his line for the carribean.

Feel free to ask questions, i'll be around !

dscf2199800x600vi2.jpg

dscf2221800x600pz1.jpg

Last edited:

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
Wow very nice titoon :wave:

I love this thread, it's the first i look at when i'm coming to IC atm :smile:

It's great to see some pics from the landscape too, you're really bring on the carribean vibez :rasta:

greetings

F

flying

don't forget to bring the sun and good vibes home

thanks for sharing titoon

titoon29

Veteran
Hey Bob, Groovy and flying !

Nice to see you around Bros ! Thanks a lot for your posts !

I'm really enjoying this trip, but after having a long chat and high with my new rasta friend, i know more about carribean weed.
As he sails a lot, he knows about most of the south carribean ganja.

So like i've said before, St Vincent would be really better in quality and prices... You could get a pound for 40/50$...

The herb which come in martinique seems to be the worst weed they couldn't sell on the island, but still smoke great.
In St Vincent a lot of people are growing for commercial purposes in the wood, the "bush" as they call it. They are not much cops, but they are very carefull cause they seems to have really big grows, and sometimes have gun to defend their grows.
So one needs to make some friends, which is really quick over there, and they'll bring you to the bush, and you'll get the best quality....
They mostly sell commercial to tourists on the island and to dealers to bring them overseas. If you need the nicest quality, you'll have to wait one day for them to bring you some.

Some strains have been hybridized in his opinion, as US has been using Napalm a lot before 9/11, so they lost a lot of genetic. It seems they have stopped now, thanks to iraq...

Most strains in the carribean are about 5/6 months flowering, but the best ones can become really tall and go to 12 weeks flowering. He has also heard about some 3 years flowering strains, but never seen any. If they exist he told me they would be the nicest strains over all.

As here all strains go straight flowering, growing commercial dutch strains doesn't work very well, they can reach about 80cm/1m, in one bud, and yield about 20 to 30g.

++

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
Great thread Titoon!
Thank you for sharing your trip with us.
I miss the flavors and highs that you are describing. Too much stony herb these days, I like the flying trippy highs of the imports from the tropics. Also the fermented flavors, different tastes then the green bud.

chizzleonetime

good thread titoon them pics are making me wanna plan a new trip to the caribbean!
'The sailors i've spoken with this week end told me that Ganja from St Vincent were by far the best of all south carribean' << i was just about to add that while i was in barbados i tried many grades of colombian red gold jamaican brick and thai and the st vincent 'vincey' was the best smoke i could find smelled like most of the other brickweed but had a certain sweetness to it some of the colombian i tried was nice too
but that vincey was in a diff league

HAPPYTREE

Just had lunch and read this thread . gr8 job titoon. Toatlly envious of you surfing the warm waters of the carib. Im so dreamy now pls throw up some more pics yahyah.

enjoy the smoke and the laughs. be safe
HT

bigbag

Veteran
i have a buddy whos aunt lives on st.croix,and he visits often from BC.he mailed some BC godbud down,and the locals went nuts over it!they had never seen or smoked anything like it.he was treated like royalty,just because he had the BC bud.the locals couldnt get enough.the carribean needs some modern genetics,imo.great thread

kuff23

Titoon ,nice report finally saying something about the caribbean besides jam strains,u said overthere they get alot of their green from st.vincent, one of the best strains from st.vincent is a sativaish very bright green did u get 2 sample that?Plus in the island u should hav bin abl 2 get some columbian strains 2 sample also

spicecowboy

Lovely!

Lovely!

Hello Titoon 29!

I LOVE to read reports like yours!

Great pictures, and a very good vibe!

Enjoy your holidays and be careful,

best wishes,

spice

kuff23

triton u were on point with a lot of your info ,glad u enjoyed your stay next time i might b able 2 send u 2 some real places,once i get 50 posts so i can pm

Meaty

hey titoon. I love seeing these pictures and reading your reports on this exotic cannabis! keep it up :joint:

titoon29

Veteran
Hi All !

Thanks a lot for your posts, i'm really happy to see a lot of people taking time to read about landraces !

Randycalifornia : Welcome on ic, yes the smoke is far away from what we are used to under indoor lights.

Chizzleonetime The herb i got come from St Vincent, but the locals from there keep the best samples on the islands, mostly. I managed to get really good samples , i think genetics must be quite the same, but those were not grown properly...

Happytree More picts should come soon, but my trip will be over soon too ( i'm leaving on tuesday)

Bigbaf for sure people from these islands are not used to indoor grown buds, so they are looking for it. But i can say that if you know some people over here, you could find even better quality than most indoor strains, but what's the best in this ganja is the high it gives you, and make you fly far far away... Modern genetics should not be brought in those island or the landraces would mostly diseapear. I really enjoy to smoke even not so good brickweed here, than smoke what i left in my closet, again !

Kuff23 i see what weed you're talking of, as bright green buds are not common over here. I did not sample some this time, seems that there is no more of this kind of weed in martinique. But last year i got some, taste was kinda different and the high was really really nice, but not as overwhelming as most dark green buds.

Spicecowboy Thanks you for your post bro, nice to see you around !

Meaty I'm glad you enjoy the show !! See you

So thanks everybody for all this good vibes, i think i'll be able to do 2 or 3 smoke tests before i leave... And post more picts of martinique !!!

See ya all !

kuff23

imo I think jamaica,trinidad ,vince and grenada hav the best weed as ihav all smoked weed from these places with trindad & jamaica havin the most potent strains

skar

hey brotha..nice to see you enjoyed your vacation..and thanks for sharing your thoughts on the local herb you found it's always nice to have reviews on what's going on in place like Martinique.

now you need to set up an all sativa's grow and see what you find with your seeds..plants coming from bagseed give usually a way superior product than the buds they come from because of the growing / harvesting methods.

wish you all the best and will look forward to the next step after collecting the genes.

peace

spicecowboy

Hello!

Hello!

I just wanted to say that I´m very happy about threads like this one.

I have to confess that I miss the positive vibrations from the past, - it seems like there is no longer such a thing as a "Canna Community".

This thread gives me a little bit of hope.

Thank you all for that.

spice

mfdoOm

Hello

nice trip ,nice pics and nice landraces.

get back with some seeds ?

ps=mieux fourni sur ICMAG ton smoke report trip ,j'ai mis le lien sur CW .

peace