What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamal x Skunk Special

Dr Seuss

I have all the veg pictures in another thread under another title. I felt I should start this thread since I started flowering on the 15th, and things should start to get interesting.

They were all topped after the 4th node and grown to about 11" before starting flowering. They are in a FFOF mix and I am using PBP, LK, and molasses at the moment. I'll probably have to switch to a guano tea for the last month to speed up the flowering...

Day 9 of 12/12

A - is in a 3 gallon to see how it would perform. It's the tallest at about 20" already. A decent amount of preflowers have show, but since it's feminized I've been noticing a few preflowers that look a little male.

B - doesn't like like ferts too much. A couple of leaves around the top have started curling, but no burning yet.

C - is my favorite. It looks gorgeous with large preflowers and branches. I really hope the clone I took from this one roots!

Dr Seuss

I took a cab shot the other night, didn't have much time to pull them all out.

The 3 Zamals are in the front, A-C-B. The Cali A is back left and Cali B back right.

G

I read your other threads good job bro, nice looking plants peace:

hazy

Veteran
hey DrS
Nice looking bushes.

I'm real interested in that Zamal. In how it stretches and the buzz of course.

Dr Seuss

Some pictures as of last night. I've had to start tying down the A because it was nearly 32" already. The 3 gallon pot has really allowed this one to grow. They're all turning in to quite nice bushes, and I am pleasantly surprised how well I've been doing with them. I would almost say they're easy to grow, but I've only just begun flowering.

Day 18 of 12/12.

G

they are starting to show you some goodies, they look great man, peace

Dr Seuss

Forgot the other day, I took measurements from the top of the pot.

A~32" (28" after the training)
B=24"
C=28"

Obviously the the 3 gallon pot is helping out immensely with these sativas. I just wish I could have put them all in 3 gallons.

My Cali A in the same cab went hardcore hermie and I didn't find all the nanners. The other night I found some pollen and seeds starting on it. They were tucked between the buds and stem so hopefully it didn't spread too far. If it did though, I think I might have an interesting cross.

Here is a picture of my beautiful little hermie. She's at 4 weeks 12/12.

Dr Seuss

Well I pulled a seed off one the other night, already matured which freaks me out. The cali A that impregnated my Zamal also shed its first seed last night. I'm thinking it might have been a light schedule issue that hermied all my girls in the cab. I've never had this issue before, but I got out of control and had all these plants on multiple time schedules before their 12/12.

The seeds should produce and interesting mix though. A 12-14 week flowerer with what might be a less than 8 week finisher. Anyways, I ramble....

Day 29 12/12

I also had 2/3 clones root for me. My favorite one, Pheno C, rooted which is what I was really worried about. I have no idea what I'm going to do with her though now....I won't have a flowering cab for a while, and never one big enough to flower more than 4 in. I hope I can find a buddy to give her a try, I would hate to lose the strain. They are the 2 in the front...

Dr Seuss

Here they are from 3/23, day 35 12/12.

Tomorrow I'll be switching the lights to 11/13 and hopefully the 2 calis will be out soon to give these girls some more room. I also have 2 clones that are turning into small bushes at the moment...

Dr Seuss

4/1 Day 47 of 12/12

My little clones are still growing strong. One I topped, and the other got super cropped. The preflowers on these little clones are ridiculous. I plan on throwing one of these in once the Calis are out, so I can get at least one Zamal with no seeds!

Dr Seuss

Day 57. Yep they're still goin'...

45 watt CFL lighting

Flash

Feel free to comment.

I'm noticing they are starting to yellow slightly at the top. They were exceptionally close to the light, so I moved them out to the sides of the box once I got room. I hope this fixes the problem and it's not nutrient related. I'm in for the long haul with another 40 or so days left, but I think they're doing well...

Last edited:

Dr Seuss

I bought some Indonesian bat guano to use on these girls and help speed up flowering.

The larger of my 2 clones was trimmed and thrown under the 400hps 5 nights ago. The other one is going to get the chop. My 3rd gen clone of Zamal C is also going to get flowered in a 1 gallon to try to grow 3-4 main colas only.

Flowering in 3 gallon.

Flowering in 1 gallon.

Chopped.

Zamal B still has yet to produce any real buds and is extremely leafy, so she might get chopped and added with my Cali B to make some bubble hash.

Pictures in the next day or two if anyone was worried... :nono:

Dr Seuss

Here is a picture of the Zamal C clone that I've started flowering. She was transplanted to a 3 gallon last night and had roots hanging all over the place!

Day 5 11/13

Latest posts

Latest posts