What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Timer ruined. Need quick help!

Admire

I do have air blowing in there....took a picture of the system.

DSC00112.jpg

"What water temps are you keeping those buckets at?" - The grow room is about 25 degrees celsius. I don't have a temp measuments in the water but try to use lukewarm

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
You want to stay away from luke warm water man, they cause all kinds of problems, warm water has less o2 and can cause roots to die causing dead roots to help bacteria buildup in the water causing root rot. Bacteria growth likes the warm water and your roots turn mushy brown color and can smell, sometimes get a slimy stuff on the roots.

Keep your water temps when your seedlings get older at 65 F to 70F

Seedlings that have no nutrients added to the water keep it around 75 or a little higher, colder temps, the seedlings roots don't like those cold temps right away.

Admire

My plants are real sick now:-(

The alge problem has gotten worse......Is it okay to put h202 in the water in the hydro system?

The damage is different from cube to cube but here are the pictures.

DSC00136.jpg

DSC00134.jpg

DSC00133.jpg

DSC00131.jpg

DSC00130.jpg

DSC00129.jpg

DSC00128.jpg

DSC00127.jpg

DSC00126.jpg

DSC00125.jpg

Last edited:

HeadyPete

Take Five...
Veteran
Roots look fine, leaves look like ph is out....

H202 is fine to use, it will kill beneficial bacteria, but that is a concern for organic soil.

Admire

HeadyPete said:
Roots look fine, leaves look like ph is out....

H202 is fine to use, it will kill beneficial bacteria, but that is a concern for organic soil.

But i won't risk anything if I put h202 into the water instead of just putting it on the cubes

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Are you putting it in water or the cubes?

If the alge keeps coming back you are keeping the rockwool still too moist..... you gotta ease up on them being so wet man.......

The alge is at the top where you DON'T want it to be, that is where the main tap root is at, for right now I would stick to watering the cube with them being the size they are, but petey is correct, you really only have to worry about it being with organics than anything else.

HeadyPete

Take Five...
Veteran
Those plants need to go into a bigger container/cube/pot whatever.....the roots need more medium to anchor them.

If you had them in more media then you wouldn't have to water so frequently, the pots would stay moist longer.

What are you planning on transplanting into?

Admire

I would't transplant.......Its a aquafarm so they are would just be in that until harvest.
I am not watering at all....They only get the nutrient solution from the drip system.

Should i put the small cubes into bigger cubes and can i do that without ruining the roots?

HeadyPete

Take Five...
Veteran
Yes, don't worry about roots. Once these plants start growing they are tough. I cut 40% of my roots off my moms every month or so, and they come back just fine every time. The ancient art of Bonsai requires trimming roots along with tops. Think of the root system as the mirror opposite to the branch system. If you cut roots then excess leaves will die off because they are not supported by roots any longer....so you prune equal amounts of branch and root and it evens out.

Anyway, what is the medium in the hydrofarm? Clay pellets? Why are these plants only in starter cubes and not growing in the Aquafarm??

You need to back off on the drip, letting the cubes drain out more in between drippings, or so that more water is draining than is being added by dripping, then the cubes won't be so waterlogged.

Admire

Clay pellets yes.....How can i transplant fra starter cubes directly into the farm? Didn't think you could do that

HeadyPete

Take Five...
Veteran
Just place some hydroton on the bottom of the pot to bring the cube up to proper height, place the cube in and carefully surround with hydroton....sooner the better I'd say....

Also, you can lower the plant height and bury some of that stem. New roots will grow from the newly buried stem. This will get your plants back nice and short.

I think with the clay pellets added the watering regime may be fine. Have to see....

Admire

Hey again guys........

I'm got my ph adjusted, took the small cubes and put them into the larger cubes and buried them in hydroton. I also bought some heating element for the hydro so that the water is 22-23 degrees Celsius all the time.

Here are the pictures....:thanks for all the help

P2080354.jpg

P2080355.jpg

P2080356.jpg

P2080357.jpg

P2080358.jpg

P2080359.jpg

P2080361.jpg

P2080362.jpg

P2080363.jpg

P2080364.jpg

Admire

New pictures.......The plants are healthy now i think?

Bad quality but I won't have a good camera until next week.

DSC00007.jpg

DSC00006.jpg

DSC00004.jpg

DSC00003.jpg

DSC00002.jpg

DSC00001.jpg

Admire

HeadyPete said:
They are looking droopy and overwatered now..... can you dial back the watering frequency some?

The problem i have is that the pumps I use don't have a control on them. They run on the same constant rate. But the plants might look droopy because the pictures were taken right after I changed the water. Usually when I change the water, the plants look a bit sad for a day or so.

Will take new pictures today

Latest posts

Latest posts