What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zeus' 2008 Grow Show: A Mixed Bag of Goodies to Grow!!!

ZeusOGrefugee

Registered Medical Patient
Veteran
:rasta: :wave: Well, well...a new year, and finally a new thread for me!! I have to say Im very happy to finally be back up and running again...Some of you know me and how I roll, and others dont, so Ill give a quick rundown. We basically have a work in progress here, but I have a good start goin on atm!! First up, what we will be running this time around:

all seeds from a friend here on IC and a friend in Cali, as well...

2 - MxA, thats Maroccan x Afghani from Nirvana
5 - bagseed Skunk, dont know the lineage of this one...
5 - M39xPPP/AK48, also known as Mumbles to a select few!!!!
5 - MxA x PPP/AK48, should be fun!!!
10 - mixed bagseed

thats it for the genes, should be a fun run. I plan to take clones of everything, then sex 'em, etc....I am going to be very rigorous with my selection process this time around. I am looking for a few good Mom's to take me into a perpetual grow.

As far as lighting and space, I will be germing and vegging with 4-42w spiral CFL's, then I will be adding a 2 tube, 4 ft. long floro setup, and when flowering comes around, Ill add a bunch more CFL's.... I will be trying out a new closet this time, in my basement...good airflow, and lots of good usable space for clones, Moms and flowering!!!
Nutrient regimen will be all Earth Juice products - grow, bloom, microblast, catalyst & meta - k, as well as rootstock cloning gel!!!

For my seedlings, this time around, I am trying something a little different :puppydoge ...I will be germing a dozen seeds in rockwool, and the rest in soilless mix as usual. I wanna see if I get a better rootball from the rockwool to start off. We'll see. Anyhow, thats about it for now. Just put the seeds into paper towels to germ, so Ill be back in a few days when they go into the rockwool/soil. Take care all, and happy holidays. See you in a few!!! :wave:

Peace
- Zeus

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
AHH core beat me
Damn time zone thing
GL with your grow, I will be here from teh start

ZeusOGrefugee

Veteran
:wave: Hey guys, thanks for stoppin by...Merry xmas to all...Ill try to update as often as possible, but im sure well find something to talk about!!! :rasta: Peace guys...see you in a few!!

- Zeus

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey bro, gabbing my seat next to the regulars. Pass over the bong please!!! Good luck with your grow man, love the line-up.... The skunk bagseed is a weird plant, or at least the one I grew was.

B/R

G

Hey what's up, great set of genetics you have goin there! Just a few questions, when you say you'd like to see the difference in rootballs from rockwool/soilless, how do you mean? I mean if it were me I'd start seedlings in the smallest container possible, usually those small clone/seedling trays you can buy with plastic domes so like 1"x1" then if it were me i'd move up to an 8oz plastic cup, etc...eventually moving to a 5gallon container, just taking small steps, i'd believe you'd get the best rootball that way over rockwool. I'd probably go 4-5 steps, 1"x1"-8oz-1gal-5gal etc..anywho have you tried the EJ products before? I hear good things about them, good luck and Happy Holidays!@!! Hope everything i wrote made sense i'm pretty f'd up :)

edit: I see you are gonna be using CFLs Veg through Flower, what is your growroom, cabinet, tub...etc look like, what dimensions you working with..adios :)

edit2: Damn i can never get a whole thought in 1 try :) Hey I've known ppl that have used the paper towel method with good success, but have you tried just filling a coffee cup or some small cup with water(room temp water), plop your seeds in there(i've heard of ppl adding H202 to the water too to kill bacteria, i've known ppl that have had 100% success that way) put the cup in a warm cabinet or so and within 24hrs give the cup a swirl with your finger, anyseeds still floating at this point aren't viable, and in the range of 24-72hrs you can have seeds cracking with a visible taproot, then just plant in medium? It's just I've heard alot of ppl have problems with paper towels because the fine root hairs can grow into the material and when you pull the seed out it can tear. Anywho adios!! :)

Last edited:

ZeusOGrefugee

Veteran
:wave: Hey Cansiban...thanks for the reply, and to answer ur questions, yes, I have used the paper towel method and the glass of water method...I like both, I used the paper towels this time 'round 'cause I had so many diff't strains, and I find it easier to keep track this way. As far as the rockwool, I knew I wasn't clear when i wrote that...a little high!!haha!!... :bashhead: anyhow, I just wanna see how the seedlings grow in the rockwool. Never used it B4, and am just curious to see if my seedlings stretch less or anything diff't in the rockwool as opposed to the soilless mix that I have been usin for a while now!! Nice to see you tho sir, and please hang around for the show, all are welcome here... :rasta: :joint:

BlackRain, my friend, its good to have a thread again to keep track of all my peeps grows...Whadda u mean by sayin the Skunk is a wierd plant?? Please elaborate. Hope ur Xmas was great, maybe some new Xbox games??? Anyhow, hope all is well with the family and have a great New Year!!

To all else, thanks for stoppin by, and hold on for the show to begin, right now we're just shootin the shit... :lurk: These seeds should see dirt in a day or so, so when that happens, Ill post some baby pics!Peace out...

- Z :wave:

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey Zeus, the skunk is a great smelling plant. The yield isn't what I would like though. It's very airy, which has me wondering if it's skunk at all. Try it out and see if your's ends up different. I gave most of the one I grew to a med buddy of mine, who loves it. Take care bro, happy growing.

B/R

ZeusOGrefugee

Veteran
thanks man, I cant wait to see what i get, never grown any Skunk before...enjoy that chocolate!!Peace

- z

ZeusOGrefugee

Veteran
oops...I forgot the update...pretty much 75% of the beans have sprouted little taproots, and by tomorrow they should all have popped. So manana they'll all go into rockwool and soil plugs, and we should see sprouts in a few days... I finally got myself a proper humidity dome so they should all be very happy. keep ur bongs crossed for 100% germ rate!!Peace all.

- z

ZeusOGrefugee

Veteran
:wave: hello all..just a quick update as promised. :rasta: all the beans popped, so 100% germ rate for step one. They are all in their perspective mediums and in the humidome under 126 watts of cfl goodness!!! :headbange:
Ill post pics when they show their heads...peace all.

- Z :joint:

ZeusOGrefugee

Veteran
Hello again guys and gals...just a quick rundown...not even 24 hrs. and the MxA cross have already popped their little heads out of the soil....3 of them, that is!! The rest should be up in no time, but props to BR for his great seed-makin skillz!!! Those babies are fresh and primed to go!!! Peace all...

- Zeus:wave:

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
I have had great success with BR seeds, the all popped.

Hopefully Mumbles works out well for ya

ZeusOGrefugee

Veteran
Well, 3 days in the ground, and they are all up, give or take a few...I can see the others about to pop put of the soil, so 100% germ rate for all my beans...Thanks BR!!!anyhow, as soon as i find the cam, ill post some pics, but until then, have a Happy New Year all, and ill see u in 2008!!!!Peace and good tidings...

- Zeussssss

G

sounds like its going to be an interesting grow!
can't wait to see how that mumbles turns out for ya
looking forward to updates in the future :)

danktown

zeus: im def pulling up a chair for this one! everything sounds good so far...as far as seeds in rockwool, i only do my seeds in rockwool...the grodan starter cubes are the best ones but cheap hydroshop plugs work well too, i just keep adding on a larger base cube once i see the slightest sprout poking out of the bottom of the rockwool the seedling is presently in, skips the need to ever transplant and possible stress and/or loss of time and under sufficient lighting and proper environment you can soak them plant and all every other day which causes explosive growth in minimal time

sorry for the rant but thats my .02, looking forward to the rest of this for sure! :lurk:

ZeusOGrefugee

Veteran
:wave: hey guys, thanks all for stoppin by!!! :rasta: yea, since morning all the babies have popped and grown like a 1/2 - 1 inch each!!!They are lookin great, and all have their first set of leaves. All the Mumbles have poppd and look great, they are in rockwool for whoever is keeping score. i also put the 2 MxA in rw and the 5 bagseed Skunks, so good times with soil and rockwool..
:jump: :bandit: see u all later..Happy New Year!!!!Peace

- Z
:joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts