What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Molokai Frost Smoke Report !!!!!

EpheDrone25

MOLOKAI FROST

STANDARD SMOKE REPORT V1.1

Judge: [EP25]
Date: [JAN 06 2007]
Strain: [Molokai Frost]

Breeder:[Molokai Island landrace sativa]
Grower: [Ep25]

Cured bud photo

PHYSICAL EXAMINATION
1. __9__ Visual Appeal Rate the visual appeal of the buds from 1-10 unappealing-excellent.

2. __10__ Visible Trichomes Rate the visible trichome content from 1-10 none-totally covered.

3. Use an X to indicate the colors that are present in the trichome heads under magnification or list the percentages of each color for a more precise report. Leave these fields blank if you do not have a powerful magnifier.
Clear []75%
Cloudy []10%
Amber []10%
Dark []5%

4. Mark with X the colors that are present in the buds or for a more detailed color analysis rate presence on a scale 1-9 light-dark.
Brown [] Green [5] Gold [1]
Blue [] Grey [3]White [3]
Red [] Rust [] Orange []
Purple [] Black []

5. __5__ Bud density
Rate the bud density from 1-10 airy-dense. For samples that are not in their natural state leave this field blank.

6. Use numbers 1-9 on descriptors that apply to the aroma of freshly broken bud where a one indicates a subtle presence and 9 indicates a pronounced presence.
Ammonia [ ] Earthy [2 ] Licorice [ ] Peach [ ] Berry [ ]
Floral [4 ] Mango [ ] Pepper [1 ] Blueberry [ ] Fruit [3]
Meat [ ] Petroleum [2 ] Bubblegum [ ] Grape [ ] Melon [ ]
Pine [1 ] Cedar [ 1] Grapefruit[ ] Menthol [1] Pineapple [ ]
Cherry [ ] Grass/Hay [ ] Mint [4 ] Rotten [1 ] Chocolate [ ]
Hash [3 ] Mold [ ] Skunk [5 ] Citrus [ ] Iron/Rust [ ]
Musk [ ] Spice [2 ] Coconut [ ] Leather [ 2] Nutmeg [ ]
Strawberry[ ] Coffee [ ] Lemon [1 ] Orange [1 ] Vanilla [ ]

7. __[9]__ Aroma
Rate the aroma from 1-10 repulsive-delightful.

8. __[0]__ Seed content
Rate seed content from 0-10 none-fully seeded.

9. __[3]__ Weeks cured If known enter the number of weeks your sample has been cured.

PHYSICAL EXAMINATION COMMENTS:
THE SMOKE TEST

1. I used a clean Roor with no ice.

2. Use numbers 1-9 on descriptors that apply to the taste where a one indicates a subtle presence and a nine indicates a very pronounced presence.
Ammonia [ ] Earthy [1 ] Licorice [ ] Peach [ ]
Berry [ ] Floral [2] Mango [ ] Pepper [ 1] Blueberry [ ]
Fruit [1 ] Meat [ ] Petroleum [ ] Bubblegum [ ]
Grape [ ] Melon [ ] Pine [2 ] Cedar [ ] Grapefruit[ ]
Menthol [ ] Pineapple [ ] Cherry [ 1] Grass/Hay [ ]
Mint [ 4] Rotten [ ] Chocolate [ ] Hash [ 5] Mold
[ ] Skunk [ 2] Citrus [ ] Iron/Rust [ ] Musk [ ]
Spice [1] Coconut [ ] Leather [ 2] Nutmeg [ ] Strawberry[ ]
Coffee [1 ] Lemon [ 1] Orange [ ] Perfume [2 ]
If appropriate return to this question after 5-10 minutes and mark with X any unmarked descriptors for lingering aftertaste.

3. __[8]__
Taste Rate your impression of the taste from 1-10 unpleasant-delicious.

4. __[4]__
State of dryness Rate the dryness of the bud from 1-10 wet-dry where 5 is ideal.

5. __[6]__
Smoke ability Rate the smoke ability of the sample from 1-10 harsh-smooth.

6. __[5]__
Smoke expansion Rate how the smoke expands in the lungs from 1-10 stable-explodes.

SMOKE TEST COMMENTS:
FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS
Address final questions immediately after effects have worn off.
1. __[2]__
Dosage Enter the number of hits taken to reach desired effects.

2. __[4]__
Effect onset Rate how quickly the effect hit from 1-10 immediate-major creeper.

3. __[9]__
Sativa influence Rate the sativa influence detected from 0-10 none-extreme. Sativa influence is best described as a clear and energetic mental effect.

4. __[1]__
Indica influence Rate the indica influence detected from 0-10 none-extreme. Indica influence is best described as a sedative, lethargic or numbing effect that affects the body.

5. __[9]__
Potency Rate the potency of the sample from 0-10 none-devastating.

6. __[3]__
Duration Indicate the number of hours the effects lasted.

7. __[3]__
Tolerance build up Rate how quickly tolerance builds from 0-10 none-rapid.

8. Usability Rate on a scale of 1-9 where a one indicates the worst time of day to consume this strain and a nine represents the ideal time of day.
Morning - wake up [9]
Day - work [4]
Evening - relax [1]
Night - sleep [1]

9. __[9]__ Overall satisfaction
Rate your overall satisfaction from 1-10 poor-Holy Grail.

10. __[9]__ Ability and conditions .
Rate your overall ability to judge from 1-10 low-high.

11.Judging from the sample alone do you personally consider this strain a keeper for long term use? Yes [X] No []

12.Rate the noticable effects on a scale of 1-9 mild-severe.
Negative Effect PositiveEffect
-------------------------------------------
Appetite __[ ]____[8]__
Anxiety relief __[ 3]____[4]__
Paranoia relief __[5 ]____[]___
Sex drive __[]____[6 ]___
Sleep __[8]____[ ]___
Pain relief __[1]___[ 6]___
Ability to rest or sit still __[5 ]____[]___
Thought process __[ 2]___[8]__
Speech process __[2 ]___[5]__
Imagination/creativity __[ ]____[8]__
Humor perception __[ ]____[8]__
Visual perception __[ ]____[8]__
Audio perception __[ ]____[8]__
Taste perception __[ ]____[8]__

comments:This is a unique Island Herb True Pakalolo!! the minty skunk Thats makes me soar in the skies with a slight hint of body just like a long flowering sativa should be! It make me really stoney and goofy kinda hard to hide it in my pocket & my perma grinned red eyes dont help either!!! This is a strong pure sativa that would go great in crosses.The Molokai in the pic is a clone of the mother,She was flowered 5 months outdoors till Late December.This is oldschool Weed that has a nice spiritual high.Anyone that smokes her feels that special feeling.A true Tropical treat!

Peace :joint:

Ep25

G

Thanks EpheDrone25 for the great report! I have some of those beans, I'm looking forward to growing them out.

Last edited:

EpheDrone25

YBC- Thanks man ! If you can grow her outdoors! Here is a pic of
Molokai frost X SHROM:Ill do a ssr on on her to later.. :joint:

Moppel- Yeah good time have come !!! Ahh the future... :joint:

Peace

Ep25

JDOG6000

Veteran
Awesome smoke report!
I have a bunch of Molokai beans I got from Motarebel a while back.
I popped a couple and got 2 males.
So I need to pop some more eventually.

SmokeyPufmaster

Veteran
Good report that's well needed here. I don't remember reading any matter of fact. I just love soaring sativas, I just hate the flowering period. Good patience on waiting them out, and thanks for your efforts in enlighting us.

TheFlyinHaWyn!

killer job on the SSR bro...like i said on the other site...you did a fine job on her...and it is good that you kept her sooo long, as sativas usually take a long amount of time to fully mature...over a long period of time....you did her proud....great job, Aloha!!

JDOG6000

Veteran
That Molokai /Bubba from Motarebel should be bomb.
The Bubba in it is the same one as mine.
Smells and tastes like a sweeter danky coffeeish OG Kush.
I grew hid Black Bubba and it was bomb.
But once I got that Bubba, I dropped it.
It was like a mix of Bubba and widow.
Very nice.
The clone is in LA at the clubs.
If you like widow and Kush.
This is for you.
It smells like coffee in flower.

EpheDrone25

Molokai loves crosses yo!

Molokai loves crosses yo!

Hey !

BBXMolokai will put out some strange smells for sure! :woohoo:
Ive grown out also MFXSHROM MFXSPINDLE,and in each cross te MF gave it the island soar! Like a bird in hawaii :joint:

Good Luck on them UBER! look for molokai phenos!

I got 20 seeds of BubbaKushXMolokai just waiting for a sunny day!

peace

Ep25

:joint:

tiedye420

How's it mate! Long time no see,hear,speak.... :woohoo:
How does the moloki like a greenhouse enviroment? Would she do well in A greenhouse or better outside ? :yoinks:
Thanks for sharing her, and any information about her to the community.
Time for me to put the mouse down, im sizzzling out for a bit...
tiedye :wave:

TheFlyinHaWyn! said:
killer job on the SSR bro...like i said on the other site...you did a fine job on her...and it is good that you kept her sooo long, as sativas usually take a long amount of time to fully mature...over a long period of time....you did her proud....great job, Aloha!!

TheFlyinHaWyn!

nope...not a landrace....it is likely a hybrid that was grown by seed each generation, as it is unlikely that the braddahs over there kept this plant as a clone....i would say it has some thai or vietnamese influence....definitely some asiatic flavor...mixed in with some other strains probably over the years.....this particular strain is from Moloka'i...there is no doubt in that.....it has a great stone....very all-around type of stone.....very good quality of high that you get from this strain........as i have said before on numerous occasions.....it is one of my favorite strains.....i still have the mamma from the originalsix beans i started over 3 years ago....and from which almost all Moloka'i Frost online originated from...:)...aloha

hey tiedye...long time no talk...but i do lurk around, and have seen what you are doing with you RKS.....:)...aloha brother....and she would do good in either Greenhouse or out in the open...i find that she does a little better out in the open, if the climate is right, and she can go the distance without interference such as rain/mould etc.....but either way seems to be better than indoor for me......aloha bro!