What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zack's back

20sackzack

@coco_loco thanks yo!

@dank.frank thanks man, I appreciate the support. I have an ig page that gets a bit more attention than this thread but I like icmag for the more in depth sharing of information. Have you heard of the new forum capulator is making? Sounds pretty cool

The second screen is about 10 inches from the first. Mine just slides over the pvc supports though so I can move them at any point. You could do something similar if you attach some pvc vertically into the corners of your grow space

The bag of trellis I got came with these awesome thick rubber band things that make it super easy to put on and take off. I would definitely recommend getting the plastic trellis rather than the nylon string kind because if you have to cut it to remove it during harvest the strings will explode into a million little fuzzies that get all over your bud every time you cut it

Dont worry about the exact height of the second screen, anywhere from 8 to 12 inches should be fine. You can always put another layer in on top if you need too. Just put it in where you think looks best and it will be fine imo

The drip system I built over the weekend seems like it's a pretty solid design. Its actually wetting the surface more than I expected and with some mulch would probably be even better. I'm actually considering switching my indoor setup to this instead of the microsprinklers. Or maybe do both like I had in my last tent grow

I think the drip tape does a better job of evenly wetting the whole bed but I like how the microsprinklers can water in a top dress. More testing on my part will be necessary to find the best method to automate proper irrigation in these big soil beds

Only thing I can think of to make it better would be to add a valve in one of the corners connected to a section of tubing that ends up outside the bed somewhere. That would allow you to flush the system if you open the valve and turn it on which could help prevent clogs

I'm using an inline filter so I'm not worried about that though. Also if you are connecting it to a pump in a res make sure to add an air break to prevent your whole tank from siphoning into the bed after it's shut off. This is very important haha! A simple 3 inch piece of .25 inch tubing on a barb inserted into your main line near the top of the res pointing down back towards the water works perfectly

:tiphat:

Here's another slurricane pic just for the hell of it

picture.php

20sackzack

About time for a little update on the room. Rolling into week 7 this Saturday and things are going pretty well. Everything is frosted out and smells amazing but I seem to be running out of juice a little early. Which is crazy to me because I top dressed like 3 times with organics and fed quite a bit of salts. Was told my yield would suffer if I didn't keep soil EC at 0.8 or over and I was never able to get it that high measuring with a hanna direct soil EC meter

Another bummer is I must have had a little light leak because I'm finding small undeveloped seeds in the slurricane. I found a couple nanners the other day and removed them but was obviously too late. I took a couple small sample nugs and didn't find any seed in the other strains so I'm hoping the damage will be minimal.. The light was either leaking from my door that had some small gaps open up in the seals from this hot weather, or possibly from my humidity controllers. Either way I got both of those things handled so hopefully will not be having that problem again

Here we have my gelato cut, smells so damn good!

picture.php

Next up is the infamous wedding cake turning purple on me this time

picture.php

Next is the sluricane that smells a lot like tangie oddly enough 🤔 really hoping it's not fully seeded and is still smokable. Forming some pretty buds though imo

picture.php

And lastly is the purple punch that yellowed out way before everything else for some reason. Has the strongest fruit punch smell it's like smelling a cup of Hawaiian punch not even exaggerating

picture.php

And a room shot

picture.php

20sackzack

Looking like these will be ready in one more week I'm thinking. I've taken a few small early samples and quickly dried them to try. Just going to say this could possibly be the best herb I've ever grown. We will find out for sure in a few weeks after everything is dry

Wedding cake

picture.php

Slurricane

picture.php

Purple punch

picture.php

Gelato

picture.php

Canopy

picture.php

20sackzack

Alright so the room has been harvested and is currently hanging and drying. I think I want to wait on the next round until I get a bigger dehumidifier. Cant get the rh low enough all the time just by exchanging air. Plus I dont like wasting the cold air from the ac. I'll put some harvest shots up next

20sackzack

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Was a great first round, learned a lot and got some nice smoke. Just got to dial my soil and feeds in better to improve my yield next time

Even though yield wasnt as good as it could be the flavor and potency of the smoke seems top notch so far based of the small samples I've quick dried to test. Cant wait to get the next round going

20sackzack

Still trimming but wanted to throw up a few bud shots. I'm going to take some better pictures of each strain individually, but for now I think these will give ya an idea of how it all turned out. Definitely some of the smoothest and best tasting herb I've ever grown. I cant wait to get the next round going

Gelato

picture.php

Purple punch

picture.php

Slurricane

picture.php

Wedding cake

picture.php