What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Massachusetts Grow 2019

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
The Blue Dream Cookie wreck is an offering from Jaws seeds via GLG as well as the Chem Kesey cross which is offered by Useful Seeds.
The Bag of Skunks and Oranges is from Useful Seeds as well.

The Blue Dream/Cookie Wreck Cross did really well last year. Very vigorous growth and good mold resistance.

Last years pre-harvest pic.
picture.php

Is your cross of Cookie Wreck from Cannaventure? Just curious as to your thoughts since I have two going this summer. And that Chem Kesey x Christmas Bud sounds amazing, looks like you have quite the time pollinating! :artist:

RogueChief

The Blue Dream Cookie wreck is an offering from Jaws seeds via GLG as well as the Chem Kesey cross which is offered by Useful Seeds.

The Blue Dream/Cookie Wreck Cross did really well last year. Very vigorous growth and good mold resistance.

View Image

Thanks a lot! Plants look amazing, Great Lakes does have some great deals and freebies to boot!

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran

View Image

damn nice looking plant, it's pretty mold resistance thats,a HUGE plus. I had a helluva time from mold last yr and probably will for the most part this yr. I've got a bunch of different strains outdoors again this yr for feature reference. Hey I'm looking for that big yielding outdoor killer that don't mold very bad also lol it's hard to find.:tiphat: I wanted to try that one from Greenhouse holy punch, or the church, can't remember but a few of those supposed to be mold resistance

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Based on the weather we've had so far this season I'm expecting an uphill fight with mold.
Downpours today. Im hoping it isn't like this in a month or two.
I'm doing all i can to prevent it. Thinning, alternating bio-fungicides, ensuring good air movement ...

First post, Hi!

Went small this year, only four plants but really bushed them out so they'll yield really good. Done topping, trimming, and training, time to let them go. Preflowers on all this AM. Sugar Haze, Kiwi Gangster, unknown could be orange bud, and a test cross of the unknown mom. The orange and the cross are getting huge now.

Keeping things enclosed with cover cloth to minimize bug/mold issues. Sulfur burns and rotating pesticides working good. Wetlands are half my property, so challenging for both mold and bugs.

I'll get some pics up at some point.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
First Post!!

Welcome aboard.

First post, Hi!

Went small this year, only four plants but really bushed them out so they'll yield really good. Done topping, trimming, and training, time to let them go. Preflowers on all this AM. Sugar Haze, Kiwi Gangster, unknown could be orange bud, and a test cross of the unknown mom. The orange and the cross are getting huge now.

Keeping things enclosed with cover cloth to minimize bug/mold issues. Sulfur burns and rotating pesticides working good. Wetlands are half my property, so challenging for both mold and bugs.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
First post, Hi!

High & welcome! :bongsmi:

damn nice looking plant, it's pretty mold resistance thats,a HUGE plus. I had a helluva time from mold last yr and probably will for the most part this yr. I've got a bunch of different strains outdoors again this yr for feature reference. Hey I'm looking for that big yielding outdoor killer that don't mold very bad also lol it's hard to find.:tiphat: I wanted to try that one from Greenhouse holy punch, or the church, can't remember but a few of those supposed to be mold resistance

Oh, man... try Triple Cheese outdoors.

Awesome mold resistance, finishes around the middle of September up at 45N. Super yield... out of TWO clones I got a half pound each last season. Just wish I hadn't been so enamored by the leaves turning purple and had harvested sooner.
They started to get purple leaves so I let them go on `til the middle of October, which resulted in a heavy stone, but one that only lasts a couple of hours.

Here's one from last season:

I wanted more of this, so I used a vigourous male Nepalese Jamaican's jizz to cross-pollinate and have a few going this season. So far, they are just like the mom... wicked growth, super health and giant 9 and 10 bladed fan leaves. Really happy with this strain, if I can just nail down the harvest time better.

First post, Hi!

Have you tried bacillus thuringensis solution? I use Monterrey B.t.; starting NOW and going every five days until the week before harvest. Kills off those caterpillar babies... and if they manage to bore into the stalk, you can inject this solution into the stalk above and below the bore site and kill whoever is in there trying to wreck your plant.

Welcome aboard, and cheers to a good growing season.

Have you tried bacillus thuringensis solution? I use Monterrey B.t.; starting NOW and going every five days until the week before harvest. Kills off those caterpillar babies... and if they manage to bore into the stalk, you can inject this solution into the stalk above and below the bore site and kill whoever is in there trying to wreck your plant.

Welcome aboard, and cheers to a good growing season.

Thanks for the welcomes.

Using aza, neem, spinosad in rotation and OK so far. Occasional foliar spray of H2O2. Been growing other crops on the property for years so at least I have an idea of how to time applications. A bee balm patch nearby has also been a great decoy for beetles and whiteflies. Peppermint attracts all the mites.

Soil is also extremely live, mushrooms all over the ground this morning. Innoculated the soil early on, tons of live compost. 20 inch high mounds, about one square yard each. Tilled a good 8 inches down below that. Each plant canopy about the full square yard, 2 feet high each, some denser than others.

Don't like the weather this weekend, hot humid days and some colder nights. Doing a big sulfur vape tonight, mildew coming.

Thanks for the welcomes.

Using aza, neem, spinosad in rotation and OK so far. Occasional foliar spray of H2O2. Been growing other crops on the property for years so at least I have an idea of how to time applications. A bee balm patch nearby has also been a great decoy for beetles and whiteflies. Peppermint attracts all the mites.

Soil is also extremely live, mushrooms all over the ground this morning. Innoculated the soil early on, tons of live compost. 20 inch high mounds, about one square yard each. Tilled a good 8 inches down below that. Each plant canopy about the full square yard, 2 feet high each, some denser than others.

Don't like the weather this weekend, hot humid days and some colder nights. Doing a big sulfur vape tonight, mildew coming.

Sure... living soil is the best... but neem oil is a no-go for me. One, there isn't a lot of good evidence to support the claims that it works, it stinks and I don't want some funky BS on my flowers, (that I intend to burn and inhale the smoke off of,).

I only use Bt solution and Greencure. Greencure only when they're well into flowering.
If I see a spot of mold, I spritz with H2O2/water and pluck the affected area out, and respray with H2O2.

Oh, and I use mosquito dunks in my 110gal water tank to keep those pesky thrips and stuff away.

The only pesticide I will use that's not a safe-for-humans-bacteria is Monterrey Bug Buster-O, and then only sparingly.

Neem oil... a marvel snake oil that stinks and is recommended by the people of India -who also believe in the caste system and a load of other crazy shit hahaha

I'm a big fan of K.I.S.S.

:)

Looks like you have a good system going, and I'll keep an eye on this to maybe learn something!

I used to use a moth trap... but found it attracted more moths than not having it around and well... let's say they smell the sexy attractant and want to have a sexy party on my patch... and deposit eggs before going into the trap.
Less bugs attracted, the better.

It's fun to try stuff out and to learn... and the most important thing I've learned is that the best thing for cannabis is a grower who will gently tease out the maximum potential of a thriving plant.

I don't even add fertilizer to my soil. They get good compost mixed in, a small fish buried at the bottom of the pot and they just GO.
Who wants to fight overfeeding issues on TOP of naturally occurring environmental factors? Not me.

How often do you see sickly shit-plants and the poster says, "IDK wat's going on... I feed them twice a week and spray them down with snake oil every two days and water them every day but they're turning yellow and dying!!!"

It's possible to love plants to death. haha

The bugs are coming for me no matter what so I need to do some spraying. Fruit trees, grape vines, blackberries, plus the wetlands. I use the decoy plants to concentrate the pests, makes them easier to wipe out. The agribon covering I'm using is great at keeping the bugs off my cannabis plants. As long as the decoy plants are at least 20 yards away the bugs show no interest in my plants.

All spraying I do is very targeted low dose, so no runoff into the swamp. Spraying the outside of the crop cover periodically works wonders as an insect barrier, don't have to spray plants directly. Barely amended soil, dug a trench around plants to catch all runoff. Trying to be as environmentally careful as possible, conservation area.

Been indoor growing for ages, long time lurker who just finally got around to making an acct. Outdoor cannabis is new to me, but been gardening this lot for 10 years now.