What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Interveinal chlorides - spotty on a adaxial side of lower leaves

Hello,

I am trying to figure out what is going on with my mother plants. They are being grown in a drip-feed system at 1000-1100ppm and pH 5.7-5.85. They are approximately 2 weeks old and we're topped yesterday. You can see by the photos that the lower leaves are showing some sort of Interveinal chlorides that is spotty in nature and is only visible from the adaxial (top) side of the leaves.

Cheers,

Acannademia

Attachments

• 20190328_102436.jpg
    20190328_102436.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 20190328_102337.jpg
    20190328_102337.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 20190328_102347.jpg
    20190328_102347.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 33

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You are feeding too much and causing a pH lockout, IMO, but...
You haven't mentioned what you are measuring PPM with. It is important to at least list the meter that you are using because of some differences in the maths used to come up with the numbers that are displayed to you.
With my Milwaukee 802 meter I shoot for 600 to 800 PPM.

at 50 posts you will get your priveleges...
edit posts...
PM...
other stuff...

You are feeding too much, IMO, but...
You haven't mentioned what you are measuring PPM with. It is important to at least list the meter that you are using because of some differences in the maths used to come up with the numbers that are displayed to you.

edit posts...
PM...
other stuff...

I am using an Asensetek Hi-Lux Lighting Passport. The PPFD was measured at an average of 522 umol photons / second x m^2

You are feeding too much and causing a pH lockout, IMO, but...

edit posts...
PM...
other stuff...

Sorry I mis-read your post. PPM was being measured with laboratory grade pH/EC meters, and I confirmed it using multiple meters. Calibrated daily.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I don't see your drip system, but dripping in pebbles isn't ideal. You need things like ring drippers to ensure some nutrient exchange. Just a single emitter will work below that single dripper, but nowhere else. Eventually roots will block up the feeds direct path out the bottom, and make it spread around a little more, but it's a fail.

I think what we see here is a poor start from roots living on pebbles that soon became exhausted. They have reached out now, and found a bit of fresh nutrient. But still need to grow some more, before they look better.

I have seen this in flood/drain to. Rash just like this. It's quite typical looking to me.

You say they are mums, so I would uproot them now and get them in compost or coco. Forget dripping in stones. I can already see nutrient salt build up on the pebbles. Get out while you can. It's an illogical system.

Latest posts

Latest posts