What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Looking for Blueberry

Defacto

Hey COents

Do you have a Blueberry pheno going that is a keeper?

I want to be your friend! :)

Edit: We'd love to hear your grow report! :)

Last edited:

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
Does tou apply Colorado residents? I mean they're legal, and it was addressed to CO residents in a CO thread...Curious thanks

OP

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
7. Solicitations: Threads or posts soliciting or offering the buying/selling/trading/swapping/testing/giving of seeds, clones, pollen, cannabis, hash, money or any other substance or article is not permitted and will be deleted, with the member subjected to banning without warning. Threads or posts dealing with illegal drugs other than cannabis are not permitted and will be deleted

Defacto

7. Solicitations: Threads or posts soliciting or offering the buying/selling/trading/swapping/testing/giving of seeds, clones, pollen, cannabis, hash, money or any other substance or article is not permitted and will be deleted, with the member subjected to banning without warning. Threads or posts dealing with illegal drugs other than cannabis are not permitted and will be deleted

Hmm, I guess the wording does say even giving is not allowed.
(Which is legal under Colorado law.)

I hereby withdraw my request until the rules change.

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran

Thanks for posting that up. Man, I remember the OG days when we were swapping clones coast to coast:D
The good ole days.

OP

CowboyTed

Hey, DeFacto,

I hope you threw out that Blueberry clone I gave you last fall. I didn't realize at the time that I was making a potentially toxic gift of aphids. It turns out they were very hard to kill, and they were not all dead in my grow cab when I took that cutting, as I had believed at the time. (I'm finally confident that they are all dead, but god, what a process! Eliminating aphids is decidedly hard on the plants they infest.

The mother I took that cutting from self-pollinated, I suspect she hermed over the stress of fighting the aphids. I got thousands of seeds, but very little else, so I have no idea whether that mother was a keeper. The little bud she produced wouldn't have rolled two or three joints. Now I understand why growers don't want their plants to get pollinated! Once she got pollinated she put ALL her efforts into maturing the seeds, and simply ceased growing once pollinated, then finished quickly and basically died on the stem, upright. I thought at first the aphids had maybe killed the plant, but at least the seed crop matured.

Sadly, I also have a few hundred seeds from a Lemon Haze that was flowering in the cabinet and got pollinated by the blueberry. I've popped a few of them as well, but I sure hope that the terpenes don't meld from the two strains. Somehow, a combination of Lemon and Blueberry flavors doesn't sound appealing to me. But who knows what mysteries might be revealed by the recessive genes in each plant's genetics. Maybe I'll get some wild, new, great flavor.

Or, maybe I'll get a bunch of plants that taste like cardboard and tend to herm easily. Time will tell.

I look forward to seeing you again next month at the Rock Rest, DeFacto!

If you have a chance to swing by Elizabeth on your trip here, or on the way home, I'd be thankful for any input you're willing to give to a new grower. It's not exactly "along your way" of course, but there is a good route to my place from Keenesberg south to Kiowa. I live in the middle of nowhere near Kiowa. (Does that mean that Kiowa is next to Nowhere?)

Last edited:

Defacto

We tossed the clones. The consensus was: not worth the risk.

Grats on your awesome breeding operation! :biggrin:

fwiw, I wouldn't spend the time and effort growing those seeds. (as opposed to known clones or seeds)

TY for your kind offer Ted. See you Feb2!

CowboyTed

We tossed the clones. The consensus was: not worth the risk.

I'm glad you did. Had I realized the risk, I wouldn't have given anyone cuttings while my grow was infested.

Sadly, there's all kinds of advice on the internet about dealing with pests, and not all of it is good advice.

I'm on a steep learning curve. Thanks for being gentle with a n00b to growing!:comfort:

Defacto

Putembk tells me there is a strain called 'Colorado Blueberry' circulating the state!

Has anyone run across it?

Hydro8

I have never seen good or real Blueberry grown in Colorado. I have had some great Blueberry crosses in Colorado, Blueberry Cheesecake and Blue Dream. But not the real deal Blueberry.

I am always interested in some but haven't seen it. I have had some Blueberry grown from commercial seeds that was weak, I bought some from dispensaries that was also weak.

I used to get good Blueberry in the 90s it all came straight from Oregon. The Blueberry from the 90s smelled and tasted so good and the high was amazingly clean, closed eye visuals and had a magic feel. Never seen or heard of it grown in Colorado.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have never seen good or real Blueberry grown in Colorado. I have had some great Blueberry crosses in Colorado, Blueberry Cheesecake and Blue Dream. But not the real deal Blueberry.

I am always interested in some but haven't seen it. I have had some Blueberry grown from commercial seeds that was weak, I bought some from dispensaries that was also weak.

I used to get good Blueberry in the 90s it all came straight from Oregon. The Blueberry from the 90s smelled and tasted so good and the high was amazingly clean, closed eye visuals and had a magic feel. Never seen or heard of it grown in Colorado.

Try DJ Short....blueberry aficionado.

Defacto

THAT is the blueberry that I recall!

I grew one pheno from Dutch Passion seed that was like that and have been chasing it ever since!

Your experience with dispensary Blueberry echos my own.

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
I had a bag of it once even chewing the stems after packing a pipe get bluberry taste it was dj shorts. I grown dutch passion's but it was two pheno's and wasnt impressed

Hydro8

There is a pretty good SkunkBerry(Skunk x Blueberry) cut going around Denver. Very nice blueberry smell the high is your average Skunk high, good but not amazing.

mtntrogger

Veteran

For anyone else checking out this thread; Blueberry definitely has been grown here in CO. I have very fond memories of the first time it made it up here in the vail valley. It was grown by a lady on the front range at that time. She was a friend of a friend, it was either ft. collins or boulder, though I believe it was the latter. This was in the mid to late 90's, If I had to guess I think it would have been 96'. Shortly after that, a cut from the same grower made it up here. I personally grew it for several years. I am fairly certain this was from Dj short. At the time I was also growing ak47, which came from a friend who brought seeds back from the dam. My partner and I eventually lost track of which was blueberry and which was the ak ! At first it seemed so obvious, but at some point we lost track. I recall the growth characteristics well. It was pretty fast finishing usually around 8 weeks, yield was pretty good, we probably averaged around 1/4 lb per plant but definitely had some 2 pounders a few times, it was just basic flood and drain with gh nutes. First time I smoked it was really memorable. Was the first time I got so high I was scared ! It had that very distinct blueberry flavor. Before that the majority of dank bud up here didnt have names, except for northern lights. They were usually referred to by where they were purchased or allegedly grown.

mexweed

Veteran
I had some rocky mountain blueberry recently, dutch passion blueberryXshishkaberry