What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TripleBerry F2 and relatives grow

browntrout

Veteran
TB F2 Select #6 BB Sativa
picture.php

picture.php

TB F2 #4 - Orange
picture.php

LB1 BX #15 - Resin Rails
picture.php

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Update of sorts

Using the same method, the 2 new seedlings tap roots are already sticking out the bottom of their net pots

The older 2 are still idling, but no idea why as all 4 are in the same hydro under the same light

browntrout

Veteran
Chop is coming up. Some phenos as you can tell can be taken at 48 days no problem.

Test samples show some very promising results.

browntrout

Veteran
TB F2 Select #6 - BB Sativa, Smellin like BB muffins.
picture.php

TB F2 #19 - Not much smell on this one compared to others, nice too look at though
picture.php

TB F2 Select #10
picture.php

browntrout

Veteran
TB F2 Select #19 - Smells very berry with sweet funky jam smells, pink too but hard to pick up on cam.
picture.php

TB F2 Select #22 - Earthy/Spicy/Berry
picture.php

And a Dosidos x Gorilla Glue
picture.php

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Update

Oddities abound. 3/4 outdoor plants from previous attempt are doing well considering their start in life. The droopy plant has been like this for several weeks, BUT, we had a heavy rain 5 nights ago and the next morning it perked up looking all healthy. 2 days later (not enough time for coco to dry out) and now back to near death. I gave it a heavy watering this morning to see

Looking at mature photos from browntrouts budding plants, these are a small strain, with little side branching

The 2 youngest seedlings of 4 in my bubbler have had roots for over a week, whereas the 2 older still have none exiting the netpots.

I have been nurturing those 2, soaking them 3xs a day in a small container for 5 minutes then leaving them out of the bubbler. Only in the last 3 days have they 'perked up', finally showing signs of coming around, but still no roots exiting the netpots. Yesterday I put them back in the bubbler

I decided to double and triple the netpots to give them more air space above the water line in the bubbler, hoping the roots would seek out the water below

The 2 in line on the lower left are the older seedlings

View attachment 489553 View attachment 489554

View attachment 489555 View attachment 489556

View attachment 489557

therevverend

Veteran
It was getting late for me, I'd already planted most of my stuff but I wanted to make sure I tried out Tripleberry this year. Had to cull a plant, I hate to cull seedlings this early but I'm pressed for numbers and space. It was too lanky and tall, showing male traits. If I had more room I'd keep it anyway but I've got two excellent seedlings left.

One is tall, quite a bit of stem to it as well. Has fat leaves and a funky berry smell when the stem is rubbed.

picture.php

In this case I like the long stem, combined with the fat Afghan leaves it shows potential for a vigorous plant with wider spaces between nodes. Definitely an outdoor plant type growth pattern, could be female. It has a beautiful pink tinge to the growing tips.

picture.php

The other one is the keeper, fat leaves, looks like a berry hashplant. Nice funky berry smell as well. I'd just transplanted her so she doesn't look her best, a bit droopy.

picture.php

Really hoping one or both are female. Here's a picture of the pair together, young potato plants for scale.

picture.php

Every reason to think they'll turn out killer and hopefully beat the mold!

browntrout

Veteran
It was getting late for me, I'd already planted most of my stuff but I wanted to make sure I tried out Tripleberry this year. Had to cull a plant, I hate to cull seedlings this early but I'm pressed for numbers and space. It was too lanky and tall, showing male traits. If I had more room I'd keep it anyway but I've got two excellent seedlings left.

One is tall, quite a bit of stem to it as well. Has fat leaves and a funky berry smell when the stem is rubbed.

View Image

In this case I like the long stem, combined with the fat Afghan leaves it shows potential for a vigorous plant with wider spaces between nodes. Definitely an outdoor plant type growth pattern, could be female. It has a beautiful pink tinge to the growing tips.

View Image

The other one is the keeper, fat leaves, looks like a berry hashplant. Nice funky berry smell as well. I'd just transplanted her so she doesn't look her best, a bit droopy.

View Image

Really hoping one or both are female. Here's a picture of the pair together, young potato plants for scale.

View Image

Every reason to think they'll turn out killer and hopefully beat the mold!

Hopefully they turn out to be females!, she is in her true element now, I can only expect stellar results for you.

Arjan

I just bought a pack of trippleberry x blue moonshine. I assume you made this cross Browntrout?

I am growing some highland mexican x blueberry f2 from chimera and was looking for an early flowering strain to cross them to, so I was happy to have found your strain.

Greetings,

Arjan

browntrout

Veteran
I just bought a pack of trippleberry x blue moonshine. I assume you made this cross Browntrout?

I am growing some highland mexican x blueberry f2 from chimera and was looking for an early flowering strain to cross them to, so I was happy to have found your strain.

Greetings,

Arjan

Arjan,

Yes she is mine, I have yet to try this specific breeding. However some truly crazy pink/magenta colors and massive leaves came out in slightly different feminized breeding we did with that blue moonshines sister.

The BM used in the hybrid you have was very sativa in appearance but finished mid/late September from clone. It will be extremely interesting to wake up the background heritage of this old blue moonshine line.

I am growing the Angel Heart x TB this year along with the usual suspects, this line i have very high hopes for.

Please let us know how they get along.

Arjan

Thanks for the info, it sounds like a very interesting cross.

It is a bit late to start the seeds so they won't flower early but I can put them in a greenhouse when the weather turns bad.

therevverend

Veteran
It turns out my counting isn't so sharp, I found a 3rd Tripleberry. And all 3 turned out female so I don't feel bad about culling the probable male.

I've put all 3 in the ground with amendments. They were some of the last ones I planted out since I started the seeds later and used them as replacements for males. It's funny, they've always been the 'runts' of the garden. Much smaller then all the other plants, maybe a bit genetic but mostly the later start. But they're not runts, it's just that the other plants are very large and got i the ground earlier.

Here's the biggest one. It's about six feet tall.

picture.php

I'll take that as a runt any year, I've got one hell of a garden right now. This one corresponds to the picture in my post at the top of the page. It's two 'little' sisters are about 5 feet tall.

picture.php

Only a runt by the standards of the plants you can see behind it, which are very big.

You ever have a spot that is perfect for a certain plant, you feel like the plant wants to go there? I got that feeling for this one and I think it knew what it was doing. It fits the spot perfectly, no wasted space with plenty of room to fill in.

Here's the final one, same size as the last, five feet. She was getting rootbound in her container when I realized she was a Tripleberry. Stuck her in this spot to replace a male I wacked. More superbushyness, the bushiest one of all. Love the leaf shape and color.

picture.php

The smell is great, berry with funk, the funkiest one. They all have a strong berry smell and have the look that has me expecting purple coloration. Can't wait to see them go off next to the Grape Apes and Purple Luis, going to be a colorful autumn.

Happy Times

It turns out my counting isn't so sharp, I found a 3rd Tripleberry. And all 3 turned out female so I don't feel bad about culling the probable male.

I've put all 3 in the ground with amendments. They were some of the last ones I planted out since I started the seeds later and used them as replacements for males. It's funny, they've always been the 'runts' of the garden. Much smaller then all the other plants, maybe a bit genetic but mostly the later start. But they're not runts, it's just that the other plants are very large and got i the ground earlier.

View Image

I'll take that as a runt any year, I've got one hell of a garden right now. This one corresponds to the picture in my post at the top of the page. It's two 'little' sisters are about 5 feet tall.

View Image

Only a runt by the standards of the plants you can see behind it, which are very big.

You ever have a spot that is perfect for a certain plant, you feel like the plant wants to go there? I got that feeling for this one and I think it knew what it was doing. It fits the spot perfectly, no wasted space with plenty of room to fill in.

Here's the final one, same size as the last, five feet. She was getting rootbound in her container when I realized she was a Tripleberry. Stuck her in this spot to replace a male I wacked. More superbushyness, the bushiest one of all. Love the leaf shape and color.

View Image

The smell is great, berry with funk, the funkiest one. They all have a strong berry smell and have the look that has me expecting purple coloration. Can't wait to see them go off next to the Grape Apes and Purple Luis, going to be a colorful autumn.

Nice looking “runts” there! The beasts must be doing well haha

browntrout

Veteran

View Image

View Image

View Image

Awesome! these are gonna kick ass, what latitude?

That last one looks similar to my orange pheno, but doesn't mean much.

Probably the late start, she's much faster growing then most strains i've run, some can be a little slower and some grow stupidly quick. F2 for ya.