What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diary Chimera strain mélange.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Its been a while since I posted or documented chimera grows and photos and thought it may be time since I currently have a number of chimera strains currently in various stages of growth. As the title suggests this tread will feature all of the strains I currently have from different lines. I currently have plants from the BB, Jack, BH, and SS lines in either my veg or flower room. Once I have cleared some space I will go through the ChemBx and specialty offerings such as cookies S1 again. Some of the plants I have in flower are on the smaller side and usually trained for my particular setup so may not have the typical structure while I test them. First up is 10 need seedlings that broke ground in the past few days. I planted 12 but one never opened and and another did not survive the transplant. Top row is BC Pine Skunk x Jack (Jack Pine), next four is Burmese Sativa x BB (Fighting Buddah), Bottom two are Sweet Skunk x Jack.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Up next is a few Block Head crosses I have in veg. Two bigger plants in back row are Melody Kush x BH (both females). Bottom row from left to right are 2 Warlock x BH and the last one is UK Cheese x BH. The 3 smaller pots still have unconfirmed sex so no telling how many will be females...although I should be able to see something in the next week or so.

Group:

Warlock x BH:

Cheese x BH:

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
These two plants are in flower right now...The plant on the left is a Mental Floss X BB, and the other an SLK x BH. Having some experience with the SLK line I really pruned the plant to produce as many side shoots as possible to keep height manageable since this line tends to stretch like crazy. I removed the lower third simply to control growth...very vigorous growth on this one. The Mental floss x BB I finally got around to trying after years of having seeds but never planting. During the last days of Breeders Retail flash sale I picked up more Mental floss seeds so I will be exploring this line a bit more than others. The stem on the Mental floss is thick and sturdy with a beautiful stripe running 2/3 of the way down. I snapped the picture of her before some defoil but she will most likely end up like the SLK x BH in appearance. Anyhow, 3 seeds of each started and only one female each.

MF on Left, SLK right: , MF stem: , SLKxBH stem: , Top view:

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Glad to see you're back on the horse Jahaze :)

Looking forward to the Cheese, Warlock crosses with the Blox. I wonder if these two are going to have a similar aroma..

Also great to see Fighting Buddha make an appearance. Effect wise she's a winner.. Original Mental Floss too!

Looking like a great line up :D Welcome back

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Here for the show, front row! :lurk:

Interested to see/hear what you find in Jack Pine. And really interested and looking forward to the Warlock x BH!

MF x BB? Was this available at some point, or are they seeds you made? Should be some strong Blueberry expressions with (? x BB) x BB. (If I have that correct - ?)

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Glad to see you're back on the horse Jahaze :)

Looking forward to the Cheese, Warlock crosses with the Blox. I wonder if these two are going to have a similar aroma..

Also great to see Fighting Buddha make an appearance. Effect wise she's a winner.. Original Mental Floss too!

Looking like a great line up :D Welcome back

Thanks Kalbhairav, its good to start growing some new chimera lines. I spent the last year trying other breeders and some of my own pollen chucks. There were some hits and misses but its time to plants some of these seeds since I have so many from the various sales and years of hoarding. Anyhow, the Cheese and Warlock plants are starting to show sex and so far I think one is a male on the Warlock side. I think the other two are females but still too early to tell...fingers crossed as I want to see how chims BH plays with skunk derivatives.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
MF x BB? Was this available at some point, or are they seeds you made? Should be some strong Blueberry expressions with (? x BB) x BB. (If I have that correct - ?)

Hi Shmavis. I have a few packs of the original MFxBB I purchased years ago from Canada and two from when they were available at Seedbay and Breeders Retail. I still have quite a few of the BB line in unopened packs and will probably be popping them soon after this batch. I have C-Plus, Mental Floss, Fighting Buddah, Highland Mex, GFx BB, Dolce, and about 30 seeds from the original Ultimix. Always wanted to try the M Floss but for one reason or another I always went in a different direction until now. I also have the MF xSS which should also be interesting but wanted to to start with the BB line. BTW, I recently saw mental floss regs from RGC under the Gypsy N. collection but am not sure if those are crossed to the BB or Jack line.

Last edited:

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran

Hey Shmavis,

I think Jahaze is talking about the original Mental Floss, aka Mental Floss x BB which is basically 'unknown' x Blueberry.

Even though the subsequent releases were called, Mental Floss x Jack; Mental Floss x Blockhead etc, it's still the unknown mother pollinated by either the Jack line or Blockhead line or the reversed SS#10 female elite.

I'm pretty sure this is correct.. the unknown mother in the Jack and Blockhead line is the same as the Blueberry line, not a line bred 'unknown' x Blueberry female.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Hi Shmavis. I have a few packs of the original MFxBB I purchased years ago from Canada and two from when they were available at Seedbay and Breeders Retail. I still have quite a few of the BB line in unopened packs and will probably be popping them soon after this batch. I have C-Plus, Mental Floss, Fighting Buddah, Highland Mex, GFx BB, Dolce, and about 30 seeds from the original Ultimix. Always wanted to try the M Floss but for one reason or another I always went in a different direction until know. I also have the MF xSS which should also be interesting but wanted to to start with the BB line. BTW, I recently saw mental floss regs from RGC under the Gypsy N. collection but am not sure if those are crossed to the BB or Jack line.

Hell yeah! That’s a lot of Blueberry hybrids you’ve got in store - sounds yummy. I have Mental Floss #1 too. And look forward to the day it gets its turn. Before that happens though, I plan to dig through the Schnazz lines. Really looking forward to exploring those as I have #2, #3, & #4. I think the Mental Floss at RGS is #1. Any near future plans for Dolce? It was one of the ones on my someday list. And would love to see a well-grown grow show of it! :tiphat:

Hey Shmavis,

I think Jahaze is talking about the original Mental Floss, aka Mental Floss x BB which is basically 'unknown' x Blueberry.

Even though the subsequent releases were called, Mental Floss x Jack; Mental Floss x Blockhead etc, it's still the unknown mother pollinated by either the Jack line or Blockhead line or the reversed SS#10 female elite.

I'm pretty sure this is correct.. the unknown mother in the Jack and Blockhead line is the same as the Blueberry line, not a line bred 'unknown' x Blueberry female.

Hi Kal, :tiphat:

Thanks so much for the info! I mistakenly took Mental Floss to be: ? x BB, and as such thought Mental Floss in the subsequent releases to be a selection from the seed line of #1. I didn’t realize that ‘Mental Floss’ is actually the descriptor for the unknown mother. Perhaps the better way to think of (classify) each MF release is numerically then, as they are.

Thanks again!

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Nothing major to update but figured I'd post a few photos so we can document progress. Below are group photos of the seedlings moving along nicely. After the photos, I pinched off the tips to promote multiple stems which suit my room and environment better. First up:

Sweet Skunk x Jack

Pine Skunk x Jack

Burmese x Blueberry

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
So from the warlock and cheese blockhead crosses I ended up with one female each. Both are growing vigorously and starting to stretch so I may flip them in the next two weeks. I'll take cuttings today and up pot them to their flowering containers so they can acclimate. The warlock has low odor and is moving along with no issues. The cheese is different in every way. She has a loud green penetrating cannabis smell. Reminds me of a God Bud plant I had many years ago which also stunk in veg. She also has a unique main stem unlike anything I have seen before. The main stem is flatter than it is round and from the base has a twisting spiral structure with significant side branches along its length.

Warlock x BH

Cheese x BH

ULMW

Greetings Jahaze! The plants are looking good as usual. I am interested in the Cheese x Blockhead cross as I also have one in veg. Am also growing a fondness toward the plant and praying I have a mother. Something tells mi that this is a winning combo. The Cheese x SS is a joy and I have one if bloom. Happy growing!

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Hey Jah,

Great that you're growing the Fighting Buddha. It's got a very pleasant high and a sweet smell.

The cheese x blox meristem looks like a mutation to me. I've seen that flattening before on plants other than cannabis. Be interesting if the cuttings exhibit the same trait. Glad that it has the potential to be a stinker though, always a good sign.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Update

Update

So I can finally confirm 4 females from the 10 seeds I started for this thread. I have 3 fighting buddha and 1 jack PINE. Sadly, both ss x jacks were males and 3 pine males. Luck of the draw i guess...no matter though since I have 3 burmese gals to choose from so all is good. They were cloned and cut back to veg the lower branches a bit more before they go into flower. The jack pine was cut back really short to keep an even canopy and will probably go into flower first in hopes of even growth and light penetration. I'll post pictures soon so we can see the development. The other plants cheese x BH, warlock x BH are in flower now and are getting used to their new home. Both the mental floss x bb and slk x BH ran into some environment problems because I mixed some new store bought soil and mixed with my recycled soil and I initially thought I had a nute lock out issue but it seems more like a deficiency instead. I'll post those pictures along with the reasoning for my conclusion tomorrow but they have started flower so all is not lost. Lastly, of the 2 melody kush x BH only one made it to the flower room and the other was scrapped because of poor grow pattern. I did clone it so it will eventually make its way forward but right now she's a no go. The last one is doing fine and in flower...see below:

Melody Kush x BH

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Mental Floss x BB

Mental Floss x BB

This is the MFxBB I put in flower about 5 weeks ago. I had this and the SLKxBB in the back of the room in a led setup and didn't notice any change in leaf color (reddish/purple lights) until about 10 days ago when another plant with only 25 days in had devolved more buds structure than either the MFxBB or SLKxBB. Sure enough when I pulled them into daylight I noticed both plants were lime green all the way down. Initially I thought it was a nutrient lock out because I had mixed my recycled soil with store bought soil and figured it was too "hot". I ran RO water (7.0pH) and checked the run off for pH and TDS for salt buildup. One plant had Ph or 6.4 and 235ppm, and the other 6.6 and ppm reading of 195ppm. So nothing really what I consider dangerous level...if anything the ppm was on the low side all things considering. Looks like my container was really low on nitrogen and maybe Mg. I have begun the process of very low levels of NPK in solution (200-300ppm) and both plants are starting to show improvements. Although they have some ways to go the plants have begun greening from bottom up and the newer growth is also green. Once I get to week 6, I give them a slightly bigger dose and then ease off again ass I dont want to prolong flowering but do want bud development...tricky dance. Anyhow, first up is the MFxBB week 5.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
SLK x BH

SLK x BH

This the second plant that ran into a problem with the medium...SLK x BH at week 5. It has better bud development than the mental floss and is producing better resin distribution. She has responded better to the low levels of npk but its not surprising as some BB crosses I done are somewhat sensitive to nuts..even at lower levels. Anyhow, here she is...

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Pure Kush x BH

Pure Kush x BH

This is one of the pure kush plants from a few cycles back that I have been toying with to see how she does in my room. This is the 4th time ive grown her. I have decide not to keep her in favor of her sister. Although she is a much better producer than the keeper, the other plant just checks all the right boxes for me. Anyhow, this plant is at week 12. I decided to grow her as a pole and began to feed her again towards the end of her cycle to see how she managed. The plant was done at week 10. I was surprised at how thick she got and how quickly she produced new flowers. Without question, this plant is a BH leaner. She has a strong fuel smell that is tempered with a sweetness which takes out any acrid smell. Taste wise, its kush all the way with a nice fuel and a sweet earthy flavor but the fuel dominates. Although you cant really tell from the photos but she is super resinous and thick underneath the new growth. Additionally, she is mostly amber in resin inspection underneath so its time to chop. She is chunky all the way down!

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Melody Kush x BH day 25

Melody Kush x BH day 25

Shmavis, ULMW, Kalbhairav, and bsgospel thank you for your kind words. This next plant is the same melody kush x BH I previously posted but at day 25. this is the plant to prompted me to check on the SLK and Mental Floss as it went in 2 weeks after and is now shooting past in terms of development. She is starting to develop and I suspect is going to be a 8-9 week plant if all goes well.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Haze x SS

Haze x SS

I wasn't going to post these because they were started a couple cycles ago but never flowered due to room crowding and then a interest in other plants. Finally got around to flowering. This the simply irresistible cultivar. Haze 1 on left and haze 2 on the right. Both plants are same age and flipped at the same time. As you can see the haze 1 plant is much faster and packing flowers and has more of a SS appearance. Below is the group shot and the slower haze 2 plant which I'm already considering culling.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts