What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

old school Afghani

Aragorn

Chieftain of the Dunedain
anyone know of anyone doing sold school Afghani
I'm looking for old Afghani #1 or even better Owl production Heaven
seems no one is selling any original Afghani anymore

REALPOTency

Veteran
bodhi seeds is begin to tester and sell the
Old Mother Ghani male series
with alot of genetic combo
im testing now
Gsc x OMG and OGKBxOMG,
thanks

Aragorn

don think u have looked very hard ;) many seed banks carry afgan lines.

I'm looking for specific old school Afghani
there are lots of crosses using Afghani but I've not seen just Afghani for years
and being that I was heavily involved with breeders for 20 odd years I know what I'm looking for :tiphat:

Limeygreen

Veteran
Have you checked out the real seed companies Mazar? Landrace legacy has some afghanis (I personally cannot vouch for them but a friend said they seem to have some legit affies).

Cvh

Supermod
I think you'll have more luck if you would look for seeds that originate from specific regions of Afhanistan. And not just Afghani.

For example: Hindu Kush, Mazar-I-Shariff, Chitrali,...etc.

Check out the landrace seedbanks.

therevverend

Veteran
Old School Hashplant (Vintage PNW Hashplant x 88g13/HP) and Dank Zappa (86UW Black Hashplant x 88G13/HP) aren't Afghani #1 but I found them to be a close as it gets to a real Afghan strain.

I've seen phenotypes of strains that show Afghani #1 type form and smell pop up over the last couple years. But I don't know where to find the strain itself.

Chitrali Kush is great but it's not the same as the old Afghani strains. Deep Chunk is another good one but it's different then the Afghan #1 types.

CannaZen

hindu kush and afghani #1 from sensi seeds.

Hindu kush of kiwi seeds, hindu kush of canadian bred seeds. World of seeds mazar kush and afghan kush. Afghan by spliff seeds. pure afghan by dna genetics.

Original afghan by seedsman "Original Afghani #1 is another cannabis strain brought to the world courtesy of Sacred Seeds in the 1970s."

Jammal

A great one you never hear mentioned is Flying Dutchman Pot of Gold....great old school aghani flavor like honey and sandlewood, Strong Hashish flavor, powerful indica stone

Aragorn

Pot of Gold was a great strain and more what I'm looking for than the modern hybrids
Sensi's Afghan #1 was good back in the day but I ran some a few years ago and got all sorts of pheno's
I know of a few times Sensi has had this problem with a few strains

I also grew out the Shiva Shanti 1 & 2 back in early 2000 and was impressed
but would rather go to a smaller breeder with original land race seeds

therevverend

Veteran
Sensi's strains are way to inconsistent now for the price. Strains that used to be true breeding are all over the place. Tells me they lost their original stock, had to start over with seeds. Since then they haven't done any real breeding or selection to 'breed back to' what they lost.

They figure if a male plant and a female plant are descended from, say, Afghani #1 if they cross the two together that's 'Afghani #1'. Then they sell those seeds as the real thing. We all know how much strains can change over time without proper selection.

At least that's what it seems like to me from the seeds I grew. Plants that still had some potency but were in the process of breeding into some stretch hempy thing.

I grew a lot of Hashplant in the 90s, know what the real thing is. I bought an expensive pack from Sensi in 2012. Nothing like the original. Last year I grew Bodhi's Old School Hashplant. It really took me back, the plant was a dead ringer for my 90s Hashplants. The only drawback was that the high gave me a frontal lobe headache. After six months in the jar this effect went away. I know it's different then Afghani #1 but it's a great example of 80's Indica.

I've been sampling the Dank Zappa this year and it's very close to the effect I'm looking for. It's actually anti-headache, great pain relief. Very clear headed, not very psychedelic but super relaxing and chill. Didn't put me to sleep but I slept great after smoking it.

707OGBUSH970

Pot of Gold or Kingdom Organic Seeds Deep Chunk. He just made a new batch, so if you go to his site, you can buy some. I am in no away associated, I just think that the Rev's strains are great and the seeds he used to make his Deep Chunk line came directly form Tom Hill. Black Afghani from Mendo/Humboldt was my favorite, but its hard to find. There was a company, Underground Seeds Collective that had some, but they are sold out. I would recommend Afghani #1, as all of mine came out very different and was not impressed by the stability, let alone any of the traits.

grayeyes

the question is: Why can't we find pure Afghani? In the haste to develop the latest greatest we have lost vision of what would make it. I can think of three strains that have more Afghani then the one I bought last year. I can taste and feel it.

Why?

Jammal

I think a lot of you younger guys don't really understand the microclimates in Afghanistan, this is what brings about the special and unique properties of dozens of pure afghani cannabis cultivars....you can have some very different pure afghani "strains"....its a place loaded with unique heirloom varieties

mexweed

Veteran
swami seeds has talk of kabulXmalana hashplant, kholmXtalk of kabul, mazar/chitralXmazar, and mazarXtalk of kabul

Som 2

I am currently growing Uzbekistani IBL from CSI Humboldt. It is the most classic throwback indica I have seen in years. It may not be Afghani but it is from the same part of the world. It reminds me a lot of the killer Afghani I grew back in the late '80s/early '90s so I think it is the real deal which was what I was looking for. Allegedly it was bred from Cannabiogen's Tashkenti stock.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts