What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Looking for a growers job in Colorado

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Latest update, FUCK Igadi.

Nepotism is a bitch, that's all that really has to be said. When every single corporate officer gets to give his girlfriend a salaried job in management, things are bound to go wrong.

My inventory manager in Northglenn got her job by dating the CFO.

Sometimes you have to penetrate the surface to find the corruption, that company had a chance to help me, and chose not to, choosing instead to throw me onto the street so they can have 20 somethings up selling the latest overly-marketed crap.

16 years in this industry and I didn't see their betrayal coming, so who knows really?

That sucks man. I’m sorry that happened to you.

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
Coil
Coil is building a better business model for the web, using the open Web Monetization standard.
stackoverflow jobs companies coil

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
There are a lot of farms getting into hemp. They will need help on a big scale from seed to sale and the stages in between.

Good Luck!

Last edited:

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There are a lot of farms getting into hemp. They will need help on a big scale from seed to sale and the stages in between.

Good Luck!

In order to profit off hemp production a farmer needs at least a thousand acres and all the industrial farming equipment and licensing to go with it. It’s a multimillion dollar process.

mexweed

Veteran
full spectrum hemp extract can be sold in many places that weed can't, ice cream shops in colorado have cbd ice cream, it's not about to be a big thing it already is, what do you think will come first cbd coca cola or weed/edible coca cola, one of those is a lot more corporate friendly

budsicles

full spectrum hemp extract can be sold in many places that weed can't, ice cream shops in colorado have cbd ice cream, it's not about to be a big thing it already is, what do you think will come first cbd coca cola or weed/edible coca cola, one of those is a lot more corporate friendly

The problem is that you can get dirt cheap cbd crystals in china, like a few bucks a gram. Tons of companies are buying this then mixing with terpenes and carrier oil to create "full spectrum" cbd tinctures. The cbd market is extremely competitive already. You might be able to sell expensive boutique hemp flowers if the quality is better than everyone else. But it looks like the vast majority of cbd/hemp customers are just going for the cheapest stuff they can find.

Drewsif

Oregon already wholesales $20 lbs of hemp. I dont see how with the massive fungicide budget but they manage a profit.

And on the other end of the spectrum, every grower who jumped on the bho bandwagon rather than condemning it has fucked themselves too.. Thc isolate don't need months of time, pesticides, trimmers, only a test tube and some ignorant hype about single molecule garbage.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
The problem is that you can get dirt cheap cbd crystals in china, like a few bucks a gram.

How does a rube like me get a hold of some of that few bucks a gram CBD from the chicoms? I want some hand creme.

Guy nearby had 800 ac in hemp this year. Is that a good start?

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well, we can close this thread. I’m off to the Pacific Northwest. Time for a new adventure. It was fun while it lasted Colorado. I got in some small grows here, but nothing big. I love that there is like no powdery mildew here. You gave me a whole new profession in hardware and set of skills that will serve me in the future no matter where I go. You gave me beautiful days in the mountains, and an appreciation for the amount of oxygen at sea level. Most importantly you gave me some priceless time with my family too.

Latest posts

Latest posts