What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Afficionados of cannabis seed bank

Stizo

Veteran
Anyone heard of this seed company or grown out any of their strains? Any info greatly appreciated.

OldSSSCGuy

Never heard of them and am suspicious of someone using that name. Sounds too much like someone trying to make bank on the old Netherlands "Seed Bank" company name from the late 1980's.

I met the breeder Leo from Aficionado. Pretty decent guy, he gifted me a fat untrimmed nug of the Black Lime Reserve. It was excellent. But I agree , the price is pretty steep.

MedResearcher

Veteran
Two different companies from what I can gather.

Aficionado, is the Southern Humboldt seed company. Expensive, exclusive, small batch's of seed stock. Wax seal, vial, etc...

The OP, I think is referring to Aficionado's of Cannabis Seed Bank. Which is a Colorado based company.

Bought 2 packs from the So Hum company about 4 years ago. Most expensive seeds I have ever bought. Although I made F2's, then F3's. Crossed the F2's to 10 different clone only's. The original seeds, were very good. None of the phenos were garbage, they were all unique in their own way and high quality. The quality bled through to the hybrids and the F2's. We ran about 80 F2's, and only 1 out of 80 was below average quality.

Mr^^

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anybody with experience with the CO based seedbank yet?

I'm not positive if these guys are selling their own knock offs or if their gear is legit and actually being used by anybody.

Everything I see says stay away so I'm looking for some experiences with gear that has actually been purchased and ran by anybody at IC.

DenverJim

they have had a web site for a few years. Some seeds are knockoff sleestack sk1. Sopposed to be growing in the San Louis Valley Greenhouses I guess at 10,000ft. They claimes some unbelievable ( to me) THC levels of Citral of 25+ %. The site became inactive. Then I got an email that wanted me to sign up but wouldn't let me. That was maybe a year ago. I read that it was run by the brother of Kyle Kushman but who knows. They claimed to have ruderalis landrace from the San louie valley. It may have been a collective since they gave credit to different breeders.

Stizo

Veteran
Two different companies from what I can gather.

Aficionado, is the Southern Humboldt seed company. Expensive, exclusive, small batch's of seed stock. Wax seal, vial, etc...

The OP, I think is referring to Aficionado's of Cannabis Seed Bank. Which is a Colorado based company.

Bought 2 packs from the So Hum company about 4 years ago. Most expensive seeds I have ever bought. Although I made F2's, then F3's. Crossed the F2's to 10 different clone only's. The original seeds, were very good. None of the phenos were garbage, they were all unique in their own way and high quality. The quality bled through to the hybrids and the F2's. We ran about 80 F2's, and only 1 out of 80 was below average quality.

Mr^^

I was indeed talking about the Aficionados of cannabis seed bank. You can find using a search engine. Although they've misspelled aficionado in their banner....er. Anyway, I have a feeling it's a relatively new venture and probably using instagram as a vehicle to draw attention to their wares. The dude's name on insta (which I am not a member of) is Neil Kushman. Have no idea whether that is a relation to Kyle Kushman, possibly a coincidence.
The scepticism did make me laugh though. I don't blame anyone for thinking that way. I have some Hellfire OG reg beans on their way to me so was just wondering. Thanks.

mexweed

Veteran
I have some of their gear, hands down the most professional packaging/shipping I have ever experienced ordering seeds

I am going to run their stuff for the first time after the clones I'm running now are up, gonna start with four kosher kushXsuper purple grapefruit will definitely make a thread

I also have their tangerine jilly bean, hellboy og, and chemdogXheirloom hindu kush

mrfreshy

I purchased a few packs a couple years ago. Its legit. I was really impressed with the White Lightsaber (Skywalker OG x white nightmare) and the Super Purple Grapefruit. I know that a few dispensaries in Denver run some of their product ( The Health Center flagship Strawberry Nightmare) is an example.

Surprisingly there isnt much out there on IG for them.

mexweed

Veteran
just checked out their menu they have chem 91Xcolorado chem fems and heirloom pakistani hashplant regs so you could score a male