What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NEW Colorado Growers Thread

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i gave ani difranco a sack of weed one time in the mid 90's...... does that count?
:laughing:
:dance:

S

SooperSmurph

And a custom Papa Smurf dab rig will be what they sample out of, so sayeth glass artist Justice DeMatteo :biggrin:

Found out that i've been underselling myself for years, and getting taken advantage of simply because I didn't know the right people.

Side note, playing with my pictures a bit more these days, been getting some help from a new friend.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

R

Robrites

Colorado Municipal Voters Face Marijuana Sales And Tax Questions Today

Colorado Municipal Voters Face Marijuana Sales And Tax Questions Today

More than 100 of Colorado's smaller communities will make decisions on tax issues and marijuana questions Tuesday.

In 13 municipalities, voters will decide whether to increase or extend various taxes to pay for things like law enforcement and open space. Seven towns are asking voters whether or not to allow marijuana sales. Those include Buena Vista in the mountains and Julesburg on the plains.

Having elections in the spring instead of November can help focus voters on local concerns, says the Colorado Municipal League's Mark Radke.

"The local candidates or issues on the ballot become the focus of this election, rather than being lost in a long ballot that has the president, the governor or some other major national figures on it," he explained.
https://www.cpr.org/news/newsbeat/colorado-municipal-voters-face-marijuana-sales-and-tax-questions-tuesday

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
loooking good, milehighglass... how u like them cooks?
i just got the dosidos and am about to give ogkb 2.0 a 2nd run... aside from the non-cookies "fortune cookies" from cali connect, that's my only exp with the cookies....

MileHighGlass

loooking good, milehighglass... how u like them cooks?
i just got the dosidos and am about to give ogkb 2.0 a 2nd run... aside from the non-cookies "fortune cookies" from cali connect, that's my only exp with the cookies....

Jealous of the dosidos, and the ogkb 2.0 :)

It's the forum cut, and yields shit. However the end result is awesome. I'm going to be moving in a few months (buying a house finally) and setting up a new grow. I am going to build 2-3 seed making chambers so that I can constantly be making new things. I am going to build my veg area larger than flower so that I can pop hella seeds, and have the room to sift through them.

Most of my collection of seeds is from 2009-2010 and I gotta start using them or I will have problems with them germinating. So I will be showing a lot of "classic" stuff on here in the coming year. There will be a lot of stuff that will make some jealous, and others will say WTF is that? I've never heard of that. :)

I've got things like Yeti OG f1 that I want to use, Obviously I have some Reservoir seeds sssdh, chemdawg ibl, and chemdawg sour deisel I want to use as well. peyote purple, apollo 13, strawberry diesel, etc, etc,

Got a lot of things to work on in the next 1-2 years. Gonna find some new/old gems, and make plenty more.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@MileHighGlass

Best of luck w those Chemdog Sour Diesels.
I went 0/20 with them. A couple cracked open then stalled. The remainder didn't do much more than swell up.

MileHighGlass

@MileHighGlass

Best of luck w those Chemdog Sour Diesels.
I went 0/20 with them. A couple cracked open then stalled. The remainder didn't do much more than swell up.

I'm expecting problems with all of the rez gear. I popped 10 sssdh I had and 9 of them sprouted, got above soil, and then turned yellow and died.

I have plenty of other things to choose from as I am expecting 50% of what I have to potentially be non-viable.

Gonna empty my jar in the next 1-2 years, and start fresh.

S

SooperSmurph

Yeah issues like that are why I got into the clone game, was tired of seeing people I knew were perfectly competent growers getting cursed with bad batches of seed or the inability to find their preferred phenotype. When you're growing a clone from an established pheno that is known to be exceptional, then you can start worrying that the issue is with you, but in the case of seeds, even vendors state it plainly on their sites, they make no claims as to the viability of the seeds or the vigor of the plants they produce. Sometimes you just get unlucky. Probably sound like i'm beating a dead horse, but BOG seeds have a low rate of complaints, and a great record for handling problems.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm happy those dead seeds were freebies.
I'd be pissed if I paid for them.

On a side note... I've had an order disappear in the mail. First time ever in about 10 years of buying seeds. & from a stateside company. Not bad odds, imo.

S

SooperSmurph

I'm happy those dead seeds were freebies.
I'd be pissed if I paid for them.

On a side note... I've had an order disappear in the mail. First time ever in about 10 years of buying seeds. & from a stateside company. Not bad odds, imo.
After dealing with a lot of so called "breeders" time and time again i've been pointing to BOG and ACE as the two most reliable seed banks. Neither of those companies seem to sell things that haven't been tested. I'm definitely guilty of trying out a test cross when giving seeds away, freebies are freebies after all.

Jhhnn

Veteran
Yeah issues like that are why I got into the clone game, was tired of seeing people I knew were perfectly competent growers getting cursed with bad batches of seed or the inability to find their preferred phenotype. When you're growing a clone from an established pheno that is known to be exceptional, then you can start worrying that the issue is with you, but in the case of seeds, even vendors state it plainly on their sites, they make no claims as to the viability of the seeds or the vigor of the plants they produce. Sometimes you just get unlucky. Probably sound like i'm beating a dead horse, but BOG seeds have a low rate of complaints, and a great record for handling problems.

I'll grow bog someday, I'm sure. I've honestly done well with seeds from a variety of vendors & producers- Nirvana, Serious, RD, Mandala & others.

My experience with modern cannabis is shallow, only 3 years, so I'm exploring, growing different varieties each round of 6 in flower. It's just a hobby.

Seeds are an easy way to do that. I'm also very leery of introducing any of the highly resistant pests that growers have inadvertently battle hardened.

rockymountainJ

Anyone around here late 90s early 2000? Info on strains and breeders from time frame... there's some lost gems out there somewhere!!

dbkick

Anyone around here late 90s early 2000? Info on strains and breeders from time frame... there's some lost gems out there somewhere!!
Yeah the shwag was big back then since local top shelf would bring a ridiculous 4 bills a zip.
Go CO , and remember, support your local mom and pop hydro shops!

rockymountainJ

Yeah the shwag was big back then since local top shelf would bring a ridiculous 4 bills a zip.
Go CO , and remember, support your local mom and pop hydro shops!

Exactly!!! Where did the 4 a zip shyt go?? Haven't seen it in 10 plus years... no offense anyone! Just not the same anymore. Any leads would be appreciated

dbkick

Exactly!!! Where did the 4 a zip shyt go?? Haven't seen it in 10 plus years... no offense anyone! Just not the same anymore. Any leads would be appreciated
Oh there's plenty people growing the fire here now but it won't fetch that ungodly high price due to the relaxed laws and legalities .
There's better shit going around now for 2 bills or so than the shit that brought 4 bills years back.