What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why are my leaves curling?

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
The spots look like bulb burn and the continued krinkle looks like ph probs.

mace_ecam

I have said it 4 times now temps have remained 73-79 RH is 50-70
Heat is not an issue...
I'm only telling from what i've seen before on my own plants ;) you mileage may vary...
and this definately looks like heat issue.
There radiant heat (IR) and then there is the room temps.
To measure the first, you would need a laser thermometer and measure the leaf surface temps with it. Its hard to imagine that you can create that much IR with an 150W HID, but not impossible. Another factor could be low RH, together with slight above normal temps this can lead to heat stress.
Anyways, 50-70 RH should be fine, 73-79 F should be fine too, a 150HID should not create much radiant heat, but after all, your plants do look like they have a heat problem... or maybe just too much nutes (can create moisture stress, but your plants don't look much overferted)...
Whats your runoff? Do you foliar feed?
Maybe your thermometer is off.

our observations become reality until they change

gl,

mace

admiralcornport

sorry for being a bit bitchy... I have raised the light to about 2.5 feet. I placed the thermometer probe on the canopy and it read about 82-85 when the light was closer. I need to get a real ph pen... maybe tomorrow. Thanks for all the input, all the new growth is not curling, its only the older larger fan leaves. Again I'm sorry for being a bitch when all you kind people are just trying to help. Much respect to all you.

Verite... I love the new avatar!!!! Kinda looks like a picture of my birth!!! haha

admiralcornport

so.... I just cheked the ph with my crappy powder and plastic box a la rapitest, with the runnoff. The tester is a soil tester that you put 2 cm of soil on the bottom, put the powder in and fill with water... well i just filled it with run off, and it read somewhere around 5.5 +/- .3 ... What should I do to correct this? I have been looking for dolomite lime, where can i get some of that shiz-it? also one of the larger fan leafs edges are brittle and dead, just a little piece of the edge... I am now pretty certain its a ph problem thats locking out mg.

Peas out.

The Dopest

[THC] True Hippie Coonass
Veteran
im runnin hydro ph is like 5.8- 6.2, ppms are only 350 and my light is a 400w hps that is about 18" from the top of my plants. well my leaves look just like yours without the spots though. i use R.O. water and cant figure the problem out. i'll be watchin this thread, thanks Admiral!

Last edited:

MTF-Sandman

OG Refugee
Veteran
The Dopest - looks like you've got PH issues...at least that's what I see from the twisting of the leaves. Does your PH fluxuate back and forth alot?

The Dopest

[THC] True Hippie Coonass
Veteran
negative Sandman, i run a recirculating dwc and they are pretty steady. i ph'd the nutes to 5.8 in the control bucket and my reserve is autotopped from tap at about 7.8-8.0ph. i use GH ph down to adjust and maintain about 6~ or so. the ph is today at 6.2 in the control and grow buckets. so it crept up a lil but not drastic or sudden. should i run it lower than 5.8-6.0?

thanks MTF

not tryin to treadjack!

Latest posts

Latest posts