What's new

Why are my leaves curling?

G

3ft. is to far away.. I use 400W and the lumens only reach 3ft. You are using 150W? I would hang it at 2ft with propper air vents to keep temps down and a fan wouldn't hurt . Just a thought. :wave:

admiralcornport

The light is now 1.5 foot away. Temps are 75... I have been misting them with water with the hps on and I think that might have been the problem

G

Yes misting with lights on is not good I only mist in veg under flouro. The high discharge lighting gets magnified by water droplets and will burn the leaves :joint:

G

Last 2 posts from Stoned Silly are spot on good advice.

I bought some turf grass & was told not to water it during the heat of the day in summer for the same reason as Silly mentioned above......water acts as a lens & can burn the grass.

Bh

G

I'm with Verite on this. Marginal pH. The Mag. deficiency is actually due to lockout because your pH is off.

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Imo if hes using tap water and the FF ferts as indicated theres no way hes got a mag def with plants that young.

admiralcornport

word up verite! I'm still hoping its just a trait as you said previously. My ph as indicated with the rapitest ph soil tester has been 6.0-6.7 somewhere in that ballpark. These things are growin like weeds, the largest fan leaves are as big as my hand.

admiralcornport

They are definatly growing like little bastards...

They are looking good i think... They are still curling but it doesn't seem to stop growth.

this is 4 days ago

today

wikidcalibudgrl

Admi. heyy there :wave: Looking a lot better ! Way to Grow!! :joint: :woohoo:

Bipedalhominid said:
Last 2 posts from Stoned Silly are spot on good advice.

I bought some turf grass & was told not to water it during the heat of the day in summer for the same reason as Silly mentioned above......water acts as a lens & can burn the grass.

Bh

yup Bip.. my hubby worked for a lawn fertilization CO... the other problem with watering lawn in the heat of the day is the root bed of the grass has no time to dry by night-fall, causing molds to form in it, and in the long term causing it to die.. it best to water Early in the mornings for a good 30-45 mins,, that way the water's already available when the lawn needs it ( the heat of the day) and doesn't burn it.. I laugh when we pass the golf course up here on the ridge, and it's 2pm and ALL their sprinklers are on.. an they prolly wonder why there grass looks SO Bad .. :pointlaug

Last edited:

RingoStar

Verite is correct. I've had some C99xSWT#3 and the leaves also curled up like that as well. I would guess and say 50% of all 1st & 2nd time growers screw up their plants by fiddling around too much with stuff exactly like this. A slight difference in the way they look and they start freaking out wondering whats wrong, then they try to fix something that is either has no problem or is something trivial causing damage to the plants. Just relax and let the good times roll, my friend.

Snowdog27

I have to agree with Verite on this also like Stoned Silly said misting is bad when the lights are on not only do you burn your plants but you take a chance of getting water on your lights and having them explode very hot glass is not something you want to play with not to mention its a bitch to pick out of your plants.

Your plants do look better now :woohoo:

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Yep I just did a cruise thru the search engine and when you look close at a variety of vegging leaves of C99 pics you'll see the same edge curl on otherwise healthy plants.

Its pretty clear that its heatstress... No, the light isnt to close...

Its just the hot dry air, that makes the leaves curl. I read someone to tell him to get a ventilator, so im thinking he isnt using one?

Anyway make sure u extract the air or circulated well or try to get the humidity up..

G

Check your water run off with a digi Ph meter. I have BOG Bubble growing and a few look like your plant. The mom of those plants is in week 4 of flower and leaves did that. The salt build up in the bottom of pot caused the Ph to drop from the tested 6.5 I fed to a Ph 4 on run off. So the roots could not absorb the nutes here is 2 pics

admiralcornport

Thanks for everyones support on this!!!! :respect:

THe temps in the room have only hit 90 one day for 3 hours when I forgot to turn the ac back on. The temps have been 72-79 since this has been started. The humidty ranges from 50%-75% , so I'm not sure that is the issue. I'm going to get a Ph pen this weekend at the hydro shop. I will test the run-off and continue to just feed distilled water.

Here are some new pix...

Here is a "new" problem some spotting is occuring on a few of the leafs.

And here is the group shot:

and the top of C1

Thanks again for all the help !!!!!!

:dueling: :respect:

I find I'm updating this thread more than my diary thread!! haha :biglaugh: :smoke:

well g2g :Bolt:

G

Lockout from PH. FOR SURE....get the pen, also I would use spring water instead of distilled. Cheaper, just be sure to always check PH of water before using. I wish I caught mine a week ago when it 1st look like yours. Good luck.. :wave:

mace_ecam

the top leafes look like they where (heat) burned, gonna look really funky in a few days when they grow out.

too late to worry, get your heat/RH probs under control.

[]D[][]V[][]D

Its probably a ph issue. But could definitely be heat. And before you start huffin and puffin 1. the light could be too close to the plants or 2. you could be measuring the temperature in the wrong place. ie too low in the room, slightly in path of cooling system.

Latest posts

Latest posts