What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Info on The Real Seed Company?

Koondense

Veteran
Hi there,
has anyone experience with them?

I'm thinking of a guerrilla operation high in the Alps and was wondering how they would do at this latitude(47N, 1600-1900m above sea level).
The MalanaCream and NandaDevi should finish in october in the Himalayas, but on this latitude probably in november, just when the first snow arrives.

Any info is greatly appreciated!

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
B

BlOoDShAnTi I

I tryed few lines from RSC.Always recived what I ordered.
Im not sure if you'll have any luck growing these lines 47N.I did one run with Parvati few years back 46N.I was only able to harvest seeds in the middle of november.

B

BlOoDShAnTi I

Yep I think we're quite close :DI saw you posted in slovenian forum hehe.I live on south east,but I visit Alp's almost every month when I go climbing there.

Koondense

Veteran
Yup, there are many paths in the Apls with good places to plant some nice ganja:)

I'm from SW and also visit the mountains many times per year.
Would you have any suggestion on good strains for this kind of grow?

Cheers

B

BlOoDShAnTi I

I think you wont bE able to grow pure lines up there.did you check out konopenko's grow in ace forum?he did some nice grows in the alps.

otherwise I would sugest you to run strains that end by the end of september for your part of country.Did you try bushman ciskei?this pure sativa could work for you as she has some nice and fast phenos.

Rinse

Veteran
Real seeds are legit,
Ive tried most of their himalayan lines and mostly they are too late for me (at above 50N), but have fantastic vigor and hardiness.
The Sinai strain seems to be earlier but probably not the best for swiss alps, very different place compared to its lowland desert home.

burningfire

Veteran
I have nothing but good to say about RSC, I grew their nepalese a few years back, it's the base of the cross I've been growing for the past few years, you can see pictures in my albums and old forum gallery.

unlike other 'landrace hunters' they actually sell the seeds they collect.

I grew the nepalese at 45n it finished around mid-late october, this was an indica pheno, the others phenos were wild and more sativa leaning and none finished before the hard frosts hit mid to late october.

the earliest plant RSC had were the lebanese, unfortunately they do not carry them anymore but there's always a chance they will, you could make your own seeds with pollen from their Himalayan lines..

I had plans to make a guerilla plant myself with my nch #2 and the lebanese seeds I have.. if I had more room it would already exist.

Koondense

Veteran
Thanx, you're all very helpful.

BloodShanti, I got my eyes on Ciskei just some time ago, now waiting on the re-release and some new info.

About the Sinai or Lebanese, it's difficult for me to think how desert proof strains would do in an alpine climate. The fast finish should help a lot.

If I had a room or tent....

I wish I had:)

Thanx again guys, keep the advices coming!

Gerardbutler79

Veteran
I've never seen one bad thing said about RSC. I'm looking for any grows of their red thai at the moment. Exotic stuff!!!

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Parvati is a good strain to grow under high humid conditions and at 46-47 N if you have a greenhouse, you certainly have a harvest, but beware for the height, it can grow till 4 m high.Malana and Nanda Devi are much later in flowering.

5111384175_5149429ca3.jpg

Keep on growing :)

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
100% legit. In terms of finding heirloom and unique strains, you gotta love RSC. They offer great regional strains from most of the traditional ganja spots with great potential for the aspiring breeder or grower looking for something new and different. The owner seems to have a great passion for the Cannabis and also the Asian culture, where he seems to have travelled vastly. He used to have another different website dedicated to sell exotic seeds from plants from the Himalayas (non cannabis).

The only negative (or positive, depending on how you look at it) aspect is that the strains are totally untouched. They are sold as they come from the original farmers so they are raw jewels to be polished and demand a great amount of time and love. I think this is what makes them different to other seedbanks that offer landraces, reproduced out of their origin or either breed in one way or another and not the raw material like if you have gone strain hunting by yourself. Obvioulsy, this aren't comercial strains to grow in your indoor expecting a great, potent and homogeneous crop!

Another aspect to keep in mind is how they work with limited stocks all the time. This means that if a strain goes out of stock, probably you won't get it never again unless no one keeps any parental plants or stock, it's on the farmers hands all the time. When seed stock goes old, they offer them as freebies with newer strains and then new stuff comes each year.

They have had amazing stains as the Highland Thais, Laos, Cambodian, South Indian, Afghan or Libanese hashplants, lot's of North Indian and Nepalese strains as well. It's a shame that they never offered any African and American heirloom strains as well but then it would be too perfect for the landrace lover, breeder and collector alike. Great customer care as well.

Vibes.

wurlok

nepalese

nepalese

i recently ordered a pack of nepalese but it wont germinate, seems like very old seed stock, the free kumaon landrace has sproutet within 11 hours but i was not after that. i contacted trsc about this issue but they dont respond. i normally have have 100% germinination with the no real seeds.

for me a questionable vendor and costumer support

S

sirius haze

RSC is a very good company, maybe you need to wait a little for an answer wurlok or write to them again. they offer a nice selection of imported true landraces, they used to have a very nice kerala variety and i just saw they offer two very interesting manipuri landraces. variety from these regions (manipur, nagaland, arunachal pradesh and burma border) were never offered to the public to my knowledge and must be very good to bred with, they have thai ancestors and were selected for ganja so a true potential i think.

Last edited:

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
Contact them again.

Contact them again.

i recently ordered a pack of nepalese but it wont germinate, seems like very old seed stock, the free kumaon landrace has sproutet within 11 hours but i was not after that. i contacted trsc about this issue but they dont respond. i normally have have 100% germinination with the no real seeds.

They´re a small company and can take their time to answer back.
Contact them again and wait a little longer.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran

RSC offers heirloom and wild varieties and the last one takes sometime to germinate, so be patient.

If RSC is not answering within a few days, then he is in the field somewhere collecting new ones, but he will answer always back to you when he has access to the net.

Keep on growing :)

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
100% legit. In terms of finding heirloom and unique strains, you gotta love RSC. They offer great regional strains from most of the traditional ganja spots with great potential for the aspiring breeder or grower looking for something new and different. The owner seems to have a great passion for the Cannabis and also the Asian culture, where he seems to have travelled vastly. He used to have another different website dedicated to sell exotic seeds from plants from the Himalayas (non cannabis).

The only negative (or positive, depending on how you look at it) aspect is that the strains are totally untouched. They are sold as they come from the original farmers so they are raw jewels to be polished and demand a great amount of time and love. I think this is what makes them different to other seedbanks that offer landraces, reproduced out of their origin or either breed in one way or another and not the raw material like if you have gone strain hunting by yourself. Obvioulsy, this aren't comercial strains to grow in your indoor expecting a great, potent and homogeneous crop!

Another aspect to keep in mind is how they work with limited stocks all the time. This means that if a strain goes out of stock, probably you won't get it never again unless no one keeps any parental plants or stock, it's on the farmers hands all the time. When seed stock goes old, they offer them as freebies with newer strains and then new stuff comes each year.

They have had amazing stains as the Highland Thais, Laos, Cambodian, South Indian, Afghan or Libanese hashplants, lot's of North Indian and Nepalese strains as well. It's a shame that they never offered any African and American heirloom strains as well but then it would be too perfect for the landrace lover, breeder and collector alike. Great customer care as well.

Vibes.

This. ^

RSC is a seed collector, selling AFAIK, just Asian Landraces, Hindu Kush, Himalayas and Thailand region, totally unworked, but totally unique.

Cannabiogen and the overlapping ACE collectives offer the opposite, worked, selected, developed Landraces and hybrids of (plus a few crosses)

Both are great in their own respects, but the results are quite different, the ACE/Cannabiogen worked lines can be shockingly well behaved while raw Landraces are usually very tricky, but you get something much rarer in the end.

burmese

very rare exceptional genes of nepal landraces, extreme to acceptable growth,yield, the same high,grows better or at least comparable than modern hybrid or feminized or f1, with that wild power in them ,germination mine was 50 percent
my story with 1 seed from them was that it not germinated about over two weeks and then was that small earth cup 0,1l put to very dry for another about two weeks near window heater with almost no wet. And i do the germination in this cup with another seed and i wonder two plants germinated

wurlok

ok thanks, I will wait a little longer for trsc reply. the nepalese is not such a complete untouched wild variety and it should germinate in 24 hours, someone from the company posted this somwhere. they should make germination tests two times a year before they sell it.

I ordered now Nepal Highland from Cannabiogen. Should be fairly mild sativa, cbd is not breeded out complete.

Kumaoni has a extreme root formation in the seedling stage.