What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

grinders

blwmaryjane420

going to finally get a real grinder...had a few gas station ones through out the years but what is yalls opinion....ive been seeing alot like cali crusher space case sharpstone etc...i wanna go ahead and get a real good one....must be a 4pc.

blwmaryjane420

the reason i ask is cause i see alot of people online talking crap about pretty much all of em saying some have led ..some having bad hole sizes...

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Now why would somebody put lead into sandwiches?

That's just insane.

A real good grinder doesn't come in four pieces as far as I know.

I like my two piece wooden grinder with little nails poking out.

There isn't any lead in mine, there aren't holes for anything to get stuck in and no screen stealing my goodies.

If I had to screw and unscrew and twist and shout just to roll a joint I'd rather stuff it in a bong... it's not a Rubik's cube it's a pot shredder!

budelight

Discovery Requires Experimentation
Veteran
Love my space case

Had it since 2006

Grinds pot perfectly and even makes it fluffy!

When I bought mine It was like $62 but has never broke/failed/troubled me at all

Highly recommend them,
Budelight

EDIT: if you are looking for a quality grinder at a reasonable price, check out THIS ONE

blwmaryjane420

Now why would somebody put lead into sandwiches?

That's just insane.

A real good grinder doesn't come in four pieces as far as I know.

I like my two piece wooden grinder with little nails poking out.

There isn't any lead in mine, there aren't holes for anything to get stuck in and no screen stealing my goodies.

If I had to screw and unscrew and twist and shout just to roll a joint I'd rather stuff it in a bong... it's not a Rubik's cube it's a pot shredder!
you need to connoisseur it up !!!!!!! have you tried any of your local thin mints today

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
ive had so many space cases they just cant handle the amount i smoke,, maybe just over a year maximum lifespan before one of the teeth break if im lucky..

diamond teeth grinders seem to last longest for me, im still using some free grinder from the greenhouse coffee shop..

Sour Deez

ive had so many space cases they just cant handle the amount i smoke,, maybe just over a year maximum lifespan before one of the teeth break if im lucky..

diamond teeth grinders seem to last longest for me, im still using some free grinder from the greenhouse coffee shop..

The teeth broke on your space case? You must not have the titanium model then. That's the one you need. My POS sharp stones would have 2-3 teeth missing after 6 months

Have had my space case for like 5 years and the teeth are as sharp as day 1. A great investment.

Sir_Syzurp

I used to use space cases they work well... especially if you keep them clean and don't throw huge nugs in to them, but I no longer use a grinder as to me it ruins my smoke. I try to knock each individual calyx off 1 by 1 over my kif box in hopes to not break the individual calyx in half or crush it, I try to preserve the THC profile as much as possible... yes it takes me a little while to break up a bowl or joint, but the flavor is worth it and never have to worry about a stem getting lost or ground in to the pile :)

Z

Ziggaro

I'm with ya'll on the titanium space case. No pollen catcher for me though.
I've had two, the first one was lost or stolen, the second one is going on 3 years. Never ever had a problem.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
BEST grinder ever...never get the over grind, ever!!

picture.php

SetHeh

Like almost everything, grinders too have their good & bad aspects. I use grinder outdoors, or if I have to grind bigger quantities or bud. For smaller quantities I still use scissors. In my opinion best grinders are made out of metal parts, or wood with metal teeth. Acrylic ones wear down too quickly.

LeeROI

Note: there is NO titanium used in a "titanium" Space Case. This has been discussed at a vape site (but I haven't been there in a while).

FRIENDinDEED

A FRIEND WITH WEED IS A . . .
Veteran
im just bad all around I guess. I don't do name brand anything

I get most of my stuff form the local smoke shops and love to make my own bongs (be clear though, I dont make taped/glued together bullshit!)

I wont pay anymore than $10 for a grinder, maybe a lil more for a big one. the smoke shop ones are normally 3 piece but the screen is right under the the bottom part where the gridnings are supposed to fall through. I just take the screen off/ put in into the bottom of the grinder itself to make it function a lil better.

anything above $15 for a midsized grinder, I cant even begin to bother. $62 for a grinder? I better be able to pass that shit onto my grand kids.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
the titanium ones are just plated with a titanium alloy or painted,, it isnt titanium.. at least the titanium version i bought was like that.. the cost of it being made well with a decent grade titanium alloy would put it well well in the $100s trust me.. its a bit of a con.. after a while it gets chipped off and they are just ally underneath, lasts a bit longer than the standard on but still ive run through a couple..

im really cruel to grinders though lol..

The teeth broke on your space case? You must not have the titanium model then. That's the one you need. My POS sharp stones would have 2-3 teeth missing after 6 months

Have had my space case for like 5 years and the teeth are as sharp as day 1. A great investment.

HOPS5K

Lover of Life
Veteran
got myself a grinder out on the big island in HI a few years ago..best grinder ever...for 50 bux I got a 4 layer one with a picture of bob marley..has a screen for kief, titanium steel, nice sharp teeth, lots of room for herbs and kief..a nice screen that has stayed in tact the whole time..it's awesome..not sure if it's a brand or what, just some generic grinder prolly for tourists my friends said..but it's cool and it grinds well. grinders are so handy for when you don't or cant roll with your bare hands, like in the cold outside or snowboard hill or whatever..very useful tool.

Latest posts

Latest posts