What's new

I'm moving back to 1972!

Midnite Toker

Veteran
Hey guys, yeah I know it sounds crazy, but I'm not going back to be younger or to change the future. I'm bringing my wife and my 9 year old son! Before I fire up the Delorean, I thought it would be fun to make a list of stuff I'm taking with and stuff I'm leaving in the future. I'm throwing my cell phone as far as I can but I'm wondering if my 52" TV will fit in the back seat with the boy!
Wish me luck and help me with my list!

Thanks~mT:tiphat:

Hey guys, yeah I know it sounds crazy, but I'm not going back to be younger or to change the future. I'm bringing my wife and my 9 year old son! Before I fire up the Delorean, I thought it would be fun to make a list of stuff I'm taking with and stuff I'm leaving in the future. I'm throwing my cell phone as far as I can but I'm wondering if my 52" TV will fit in the back seat with the boy!

Bring some of the love we have for today's veterans & soldiers back to the past to heap on those that were involved in Vietnam...

A whole bunch of old cash, nothing older than 1972... Move to WA state and find this kid named Bill Gates and help him start a little software company in a few years...

The Hummus Monk

Veteran
Drive. Get a sweet set of wheels and enjoy the lack of traffic.

Actually fuck it...enjoy the 3 billion less people!

1-Go long on petroleum and Quaaludes.
2-Get Dylan into marriage counseling.
3-Open a chain of clothing stores selling leisure suits.
4-Rent mirror balls, turntables and PA systems to every small town National Guard armory.

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
don't forget too bring the internet/web/thingy... U might need it... it's how U found this place...

Midnite Toker

Veteran
Why would you ever go back to '72?
We're going back to Eastern South Dakota, spent my "formative" years there! My friends and I would walk to our fishing hole and never see another soul till we were late for dinner!
I'm not bringing Wii, X-box or any video games. We're gonna spend alot of time outside. We're not going to worry about locking up before we leave. Everyone's house is unlocked. The biggest crimes in my neighborhood involved stolen apples!

@touringfunkband~ Hell yeah, Zeppelin! I saw then in '77! Totally ass kicking.

@yortbogey~ You know, I think I'm leaving the web behind too! I would love to find a young Bill Gates and lend him 5 bucks!

BurnOne

No damn given.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good Columbian Red Bud back then. Buy a shit load of Camaros, Mustangs, GTOs and Chevelles when the gas shortage hits and keep them in dry storage. And pick up a couple of good Les Paul guitars.
Burn1

BlueBlazer

What were we talking about?
Veteran
Wait . . . you mean it's not 1972?!?

Fricken watch is slow again . . .
disbelief.gif

G

Goodkarma

Eastern South Dakota, where noone ever loses their car keys.

Everyone..."You can borrow my car" Me, standing there waiting, "you got the key?" Everyone..."Its in the ignition"

justpassnthru

Veteran
How about the '70's (my favorite years) and 2 weeks into 1980?
the 2 weeks are for a bit of affluence.
Steve Jobs
IBM
Microsoft
Intel
First: buy this book and take it with you...Replay. The novel tells of a 43-year-old man who dies and awakens back in 1963 in his 18-year-old body. He then begins to relive his life with intact memories of the previous 25 years. This happens repeatedly with different events in each cycle.
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/341735.Replay

Now, live my dream, LOADED!

Love not War

Visit Northwest Arkansas and look up the Hunt Bros (their horse ranch is there)... then buy a bunch of silver. Sell the 2nd week of Jan. 1980.

...http://www.silvermonthly.com/bunker-hunts-attraction-silver-history-cornering-silver-market/

theclearspot

Thats mad cool. South Dakota! I wanna be there, sounds top.Why are you moving there? :tiphat: