What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

tent zips LOUD

scottish toker

l woke up through the night and heard my neighbor coughing, sometimes i check my plants late at night and im worried about the loudness of my tent zip's, is there any way to quieten the zip? thanks.

S

Sat X RB

yep. lube them somehow. 'greaseless' lubes are available for motor vehicle door catches. or much cheaper ... perhaps rub a candle over them.

sourdpurpstick

Unless you're actively advertising your love for the stuff, I doubt your neighbor's first reaction to hearing a faint tent zip noise will be, "Shit, he must be growing pot!". People do strange things when they're alone. Tending to a beautiful genus of plant is just one of them.

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
lol I can just picture you high as a kite listening to your neighbor coughing and unzipping your tent for like an hour trying to be all quiet. I love being high, paranoid and then you realize you can hear everything your neighbor is saying until you realize that MAYBE just maybe they too can hear everything you are saying.

My suggestion is to get a fan that can drowned out the unzipping noise, or better yet go out in the front when your neighbor is out and start unzipping your sweatshirt, then zip it back up and then unzip it again and when he looks over say sorry its a condition I have and hope my zipping and unzipping doesn't bother you at night.

smoke more and do the zipper like a bandaid FAST as you COUGH or time your unzipping with the neighbors coughs (-;

sourdpurpstick

My suggestion is to get a fan that can drowned out the unzipping noise, or better yet go out in the front when your neighbor is out and start unzipping your sweatshirt, then zip it back up and then unzip it again and when he looks over say sorry its a condition I have and hope my zipping and unzipping doesn't bother you at night.

Oh man. Not sure this is a good idea! A bit too specific, methinks... but hilarious nonetheless. Paranoid solution for a paranoid problem. Don't think you need to worry yourself too much.

Al Botross

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Scuba shops sell/have little containers of silicon for the wetsuit zippers, i use this when i have issues with tent zippers and works well.

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
Rub a candle or paraffin wax on the zipper that'll stop the noise and take a big toke and don't be so paranoid.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Get a stick of hard beeswax, either furniture polish or from somewhere that sells hair products for black people. Just hold the stick up to the zip and rub it up and down the length of both sides. Make sure you don't leave any chunks. I do this to my(camping) tent zips so I don't wake whoever(hopefully female) is in the tent when I get up for a slash at 4 am.
Silicon spray would probably do the same job--the stuff for making the plastic in your car shine. Even WD40 might work

Last edited: