What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

US/Mexico Buds tour - Titoon strikes again

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
Hello from Arizona guys :)

My trip in Mexico has just ended and I just reached the US after 4 amazing weeks !

It was more of relaxing rather than a real ganja trip at the end, despite the intense smoking part. No growing/plant hunting, nor Hash making this time, too short, not planned, and a bit of danger I guess to look for the growers. Not much seeds either, next time ^

I'll go in the details very soon, when I have my keyboard repaired, cause I don't have any "t" key at the moment, kinda annoying...

I was really happy with the quality of herb and hash, as well as the prices, in the oaxaca region. I got some really nice cured bubble hash for 100 US/ 50g then 110 US / 75g.

I mostly smoked hash cause it was really nice and strong as I like i :) 5g a day was pretty much my mean amount, hé hé !

A lot of genetics in Mexico definetly come from US/Holland, I come across some very skunky ind/sat hybrids that for sure aren't native. But i think I smoked as well some pure sats from the region, taste is very old school greeny/herbal (origano), it is not too strong but it is perfect for daytime smoke, and I'm sure with a lil selection you would end up with nice herb.

I will also discuss about bubble hash very soon. I had the chance of meeting few north american that have been growing and in the herb business for years. One quebec friend I met learnt how to make bubble hash in Mexico 17 years ago, and brought the technique with him to Vancouver, where he was one of the only one doing it at that time. It seems bubble H was more spread in mexico than US and Canada at this time.
I think I smoked up to 12 different bubble, which were all decent, with some much much better. As expected, fresh one is more tasty but tend to make you cough, while cured is more hashy/smooth and stronger I feel. Also come across one batch that tasted like a nepali/indian charras.

Ok i'll let you enjoy few picts, unfortunatly i should have take some more but got careful with carrying my camera very stone ;)

ty rasputin, bird, DeezyH, šunka-maslo, purple_man, weshjo, Slartibartfast, yesum, rubbadub, Ironeek, W.Less Monk, icetoker, Oswizzle, rastaaid.

godsgift402 > about the money man, I was spending 'round 600 US for a month, food accomodation and smoke, and i got a one way ticket from FL for 100US. And if i was more carefull, 400US seems feasible easily as well.
If you know how to do it, travelling is cheap !

norahm > my girlfriend is from the US so I was lucky to meet some of her friends well connected.

Hash Zeppelin > thx mate, it's been a year now that I've been considering writing down something. I started few times, but i guess i'll have to focus more in the future, find my approach angles, subject and all.

Last edited:

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
I had no idea how common hash was in mexico. I wouldn't have believed a stranger if they just said they got back from mexico and were smoking numerous varieties of bubblehash. Learn something new everyday.

PERIPHERY

Veteran
...mariposa,Punal, cerote, hueco, leon, joto, punal, loca, reina, maricon, mariposa, mariposon,culero,a la grannnn puchika, estabas bien a verga ayer , creo que la estamos cagando,que chupamos la Xela hasta que tendremos la goma de chucho,mejor andate a la mierda cerote, a mi me vale verga, Que de a huevo, mojaste tu canoa ?,hoy estoy bien de bolo de la culpa de las chingaderas de ayer, no chinges no saldra ni a vergazos,a mi ningun cerote me dijo ni mierda, a la mierda los voy a echar, partida de cerotes...

Buhehehe
It reminded me time spent in Cuba...
From morning till night..was heard everywhere only
"..vete por caracho,tu pinga,maricon..tu puta madre,chingada..:moon:"

Next great thread titoon:tiphat:
Thank for sharing..
"P"

G

guest8905

Thanks Titoon for sharing your experience. I think you put the travel bug in all of us after we read your great posts.

StickKy :rasta:

ElRubio

Veteran
This thread is bad ass titoon, as all of your trips.
delighful read it while smoke some decent hash in home!
un abrazo! :)

B

bonecarver_OG

when i was in oaxaca about 12 years ago, there also was hash. i was told to what village to go in the mountains to get it by the kilo. never goto go there in the end.

some of that hash looks like rockhard BHO/jelly hash almost. i bet it must bubble like crazy! :D

nice thread mate!

Slartibartfast

WOW!

WOW!

I had no idea how common hash was in mexico. I wouldn't have believed a stranger if they just said they got back from mexico and were smoking numerous varieties of bubblehash. Learn something new everyday.

This^10!

Could you make any recommendations on where to go and how to stay safe over there Titoon? I am not fluent in Spanish, but would love to trek through the hills of Oaxaca in honor of R. Gordon Wasson to hunt for entheogens.

I can't even get bubble hash around here unless I make it...How cool would it be to camp out with an IC member in Oaxaca?

jenery

Crazy nice threads from beautiful countries, real respect for your reports and matter being reported... :p

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
Back to this thread that has been a while. Still often thinking of going back there. It was a great time travelling, meeting awesome locals and travelers, and enjoying really good hashs and herbs. Despite a good 120g of hash smoked in a month, it seem to me that this month lasted a year, doing so much. Climate was perfect for being baked and motivated. But I still will have the regret of not taking the 100g balls in picture and video, this was really perfectly cured 3-4 months bubble ^^

I have since then been introduced to many hashs of the best quality and I still think that the Oaxacans do not joke with their bubble, it is truely superior quality of nicely growns herbs, mostly sativa dominants hybrids I would reckon. Not full melt, but wow, I ld still smoke that here all day even if I have my own herb ! Also props for the curing there, buds where pretty well maintained and cured, as well as bubble.
Not sure I have seen much local strains there, but I am also not so familiar with them so I doubt I could identify them.

If you want to enjoy Mexico, you like the sea, the mountain, go to the Oaxaca region. It is a safe place and one of the most enjoyable I had the chance to visit. And mexicans are awesome ! :biggrin:

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Agreed, Mexicans are open, friendly, creative, and almost always willing to laugh...

Great Food, tequila, beautiful Women.. Good waves... It really is a wonderful country that in some ways is also a 'failed' state..

Great report as usual..! Thanks...

74G

Thanks a lot Titoon MERCI...

Thanks a lot Titoon MERCI...

Really a nice thread as good as the Nepal one that i loved to read but maybe shorter... .. .

Thanks a lot Titoon et bonne continuation... .. .

PEACE PS peut etre que pour un prochain voyage tu pourras me faire une petite photo avec mon tshirt héhéhéhééé... .. .

Much respect

74G

hom

Veteran
Great thread lad...I cant believe I never seen it earlier. Mexico looks like a good place to relax for a few weeks. Looads of quality hashish and sunshine. The perfect combo.