What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Comfirmation: Mosaic Virus pics

Adhokk

Guys, I think my whole veg room has the Mosaic Virus. Help me diagnose? I looked at the stickied thread on it, I want comfirmation before I toss my whole veg room though =(

HydroGal

I had a similar problem with a previous crop. Thought it was tobacco mosaic virus and it was BAD. Much worse than your photo. We gave them some extra veg time and then let the crop flower out and it ended up being one of the best yielding rounds we had. Just keep a close eye on it. Don't kill anything yet!!!!!!!! Good luck

KMothsi

TMV is one of the most over-diagnosed problems I've seen while lurking and posting on this forum. It's really hard to tell, and from what I've seen in other posts, it is rarely confirmed via one picture.

Is the whole veg room receiving the same nutrients? What is the air flow situation? Are you using a sulfur burner in your room or an ozone generator maybe? Are they grown from seed? Is this your first run with that particular strain?

Most importantly, are you growing multiple strains that all show the same symptoms or only a single strain?

I'll try to check back in after you've posted. If you can get more pics, they never hurt. But, on the whole, I'd be skeptical of any TMV diagnosis.

KarmasWheele

Veteran
your problem looks like thrips...........why would you toss a garden if it was really tmv?????? it wont affect the finished product........The plants will still finish fine............

KarmasWheele

Veteran
the most common trait of pot plants diagnosed with tmv is in the pic........but it's debated wheather it is actually tmv or not.....

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts