What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

THC Acetate

dope_roor

some strains will auto-budder even if you don't whip the oil. my super lemon haze becomes crumbly wax 100% of the time. i think it has to do with the size of the trichome heads and the overall proportion of wax in the extract (the strain has rather large heads and produces wonderful full melt dry sift)

Gray_Wolf, i freakin love readin your posts! im glad someone tried to make this and report back, I've been skeptical about Dr. G's chemistry

how are you sampling the finished product? off an oil-specific setup or topping bowls, smearing papers, oral consumption, etc.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gray_Wolf, i freakin love readin your posts! im glad someone tried to make this and report back, I've been skeptical about Dr. G's chemistry

how are you sampling the finished product? off an oil-specific setup or topping bowls, smearing papers, oral consumption, etc.

We are using an oil vaporizor and inhaling for sampling. We didn't make enough to do oral testing.

Gold is off on proportions, but his concept works!

Our subsequent testing clearly points out that he is on to a profound truth with the idea. More on the subject later.

Us’n local skunk pharmers don’t have access to a high pressure liquid chromatograph and our fractional separation aspirations have been thwarted by our specific wave length light bulb manufacture dropping the product line after we acquired the used equipment requireing it, so we are shooting in the dark and panel testing effects only.

Testing this product through a range of tolerances leaves no question that it is significantly more potent, but still no clue as to exactly how much. Both the head and body effects have tested uniformly faster and more profound.

All testers rated it as potent, with some noting that it was the most potent that they had ever experienced, or at least for a very long time.

Pain relief was within moments, with a strong accompanying head effect. The responses included two “Wows”, and all testers gave it a strong thumbs up.

Whether this is two X, or three X potency, I suggest that it should not be taken lightly as it clearly produces more than casual improvement in medicinal properties.

Hee, hee, hee, now here is the good part! In reviewing this old data and more recent research, we are drawn to the subject of cannabis esters, of which cannabis acetate is only one of a panoply of intriguing possibilities.

The publicly available “National Institute on Drug Abuse’s 1979 Research Monograph Series Structure-Activity Relationships of the Cannabinoids,” study lists a number of possible esters that beg investigation for their medical qualities.

While the above study may have focused on abuse, vis a vis medicinal effects, our tax dollar appears to have paved the way for further research into expanding its medical utility.

dope_roor

great!

hows the taste of the thc acetate, are the terpenes and esters still present?

discussion of cannabis esters makes my mouth water, reminds me of my organic chem lab and smelling all sorts of fruity scented esters

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
great!

hows the taste of the thc acetate, are the terpenes and esters still present?

discussion of cannabis esters makes my mouth water, reminds me of my organic chem lab and smelling all sorts of fruity scented esters

As an aromatic ester, the smell and taste are both good. To me, the after taste is a little perfumy, as opposed to hashy with oil.

ghostly

when i make bho it is only oil for a few hours at most then crytalizes to the point that it can be handled and wont stick to you much. ive had batches totally crumble and some stay super oily too...why?

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
when i make bho it is only oil for a few hours at most then crytalizes to the point that it can be handled and wont stick to you much. ive had batches totally crumble and some stay super oily too...why?

What are using for material and what process are you using?

ghostly

ive used, chemdog #4 which came out brown sugar color and oily.
purple kush which is dark, shiny and you can roll it into a ball.
blue dream whcih came out super blonde, and again, you can ball it up.

i do a 2 part harvest. i trim all the non sugar leaf first, then trim all the sugar and lower leaves (larf), i save it and dry it. i also collect the cuttings from the dry detailing clip before i bag. i grind the leaf and stuff the tube and use 2 cans of vector or equivalent butane. i run the liquid into a pyrex pie pan and set it over another pie pan with hot water, it bubbles and dries. i then scrape with a razor and place in a glass jar and stir over the next few days, poping all bubbles. im left with either crystals, oil or a mixure of both. but usually a product that can be "balled up"

dope_roor

I still stand by it being strain dependent, specifically the ratio of calyx to trichome, and size of trichome head, which contributes to the wax:eek:il ratio. Strains with large trichomes have a greater wax:eek:il ratio and therefore the wax contributes to its malleability and handleability. Strains that have greater calyx mass (i.e. indicas) don't butter up but stay more oily due to a lower wax ratio and generally appear darker as well due to more plant particulates in the final product

i get on average a 3 ounces of oil per pound of material up to 4 (chem)

that's a great return, it's about where I'm hovering at these days. every so often I get close to the elusive 30% but yet to have done so without a serious downgrade in oil quality (pulverizing the plant matter prior)

Most noticeable to me was the strong head effect, because the pain just went away, which the straight oil also did admirably well without further processing.

First of all big props for doing this experiment. I would like to point out to those who are checking in, the addition of AA (acetic anhydride) to THC should NOT make it more 'potent' in the terms that many of you seem to be understanding. It won't make it stronger but what it does is it allows it to cross the blood brain barrier quicker than normal action..

ie. this is why heroin acts faster than morphine even though they are the same thing..make sense?

O

OrganicOzarks

So after reading all of this scientific back and forth here is what stuck in my mind. You can't get high anymore? That just plain sucks. Atleast you are not in pain.

So after reading all of this scientific back and forth here is what stuck in my mind. You can't get high anymore? That just plain sucks. Atleast you are not in pain.

That does suck. All I can say and this is just a hunch...you seem like you a smoke a lot well quite a lot. Try to triple your water intake for three months with more exercise. If your tolerance is really high take a three month hiatus from THC. I think many of us who smoke a lot and have had THC in our systems for so long have been able to tap into that relaxing almost numbing part of cannabis..where as in the beginning your mind was racing every time. Tolerance and our bodies metabolism play huge roles in how THC works in our bodies...

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ive used, chemdog #4 which came out brown sugar color and oily.
purple kush which is dark, shiny and you can roll it into a ball.
blue dream whcih came out super blonde, and again, you can ball it up.

i do a 2 part harvest. i trim all the non sugar leaf first, then trim all the sugar and lower leaves (larf), i save it and dry it. i also collect the cuttings from the dry detailing clip before i bag. i grind the leaf and stuff the tube and use 2 cans of vector or equivalent butane. i run the liquid into a pyrex pie pan and set it over another pie pan with hot water, it bubbles and dries. i then scrape with a razor and place in a glass jar and stir over the next few days, poping all bubbles. im left with either crystals, oil or a mixure of both. but usually a product that can be "balled up"

Nothing in your process that sounds unusual.

I see some differences in my BHO too, and go along with DR that strain can make a lot of difference. Humidity and batch size also appear to affect how long it takes to purge and solidify.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well now, we ran a second experiment using 20 grams of Purple Urkle BHO and got some killer product, but different color and potency. Clearly we need to further refine the process.

The first was a vivid yellow and the second a dark amber.

The first was also more potent than the second. Still sorting out what is going on to make them so different. More on that later.

Our formula was not remotely close to Gold's process, as he is clearly significantly off on molecular balance and called for extra normal measures, including the use of an inert atmosphere chamber.

My biochemist student tells me that the balance that Gold offers is a perfect balance for converting morphine to heroin using an acid anhydride and proffers that is where he most likely snagged the formula.

We used the formula for making aspirin out of salacytic acid the first time and still had un-reacted acetic anhydride. After counting molecules we adjusted it further and will offer more as we sort this out. It may well be that there needs to be a serious surplus of acid anhydride to achieve pristine results.

As has been pointed out by others, this process doesn’t actually make this med more potent, but it improves passage through the blood brain and cell membranes and it happens “right now, full effect.”

That certainly leaves the impression of higher potency and in fact solicited more “Wows and Holy Shit” from extreme tolerance users than any med we have formulated to this point.

Pain relief is almost instantly, as is head effect and elevation of the mood and spirit.

It also put several older extreme tolerance testers horizontal marveling at the clouds, after testing it in conjunction with the precursor oil, on top of their normal medication.

We used not only acetic anhydride, but sulfuric acid to achieve our product, and sodium hydroxide to adjust Ph. I’ll publish our ending formula, but so far the results grab my own attention and that of our test panel for sure.

I personally believe that we are on to something good with the Cannabis esters and that we will be seeing more of them pop up in dispensaries hither and yon, as time passes. Locally we don’t have dispensaries, so the easiest way to try them is to just make them ourselves.

Hee, hee, hee, snicker, snark, snort, awhooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Why would I ever pick golfing as a retirement sport instead of alchemy?

dope_roor

Well now, we ran a second experiment using 20 grams of Purple Urkle BHO and got some killer product, but different color and potency. Clearly we need to further refine the process.

The first was a vivid yellow and the second a dark amber.

The first was also more potent than the second. Still sorting out what is going on to make them so different. More on that later.

Our formula was not remotely close to Gold's process, as he is clearly significantly off on molecular balance and called for extra normal measures, including the use of an inert atmosphere chamber.

My biochemist student tells me that the balance that Gold offers is a perfect balance for converting morphine to heroin using an acid anhydride and proffers that is where he most likely snagged the formula.

We used the formula for making aspirin out of salacytic acid the first time and still had un-reacted acetic anhydride. After counting molecules we adjusted it further and will offer more as we sort this out. It may well be that there needs to be a serious surplus of acid anhydride to achieve pristine results.

As has been pointed out by others, this process doesn’t actually make this med more potent, but it improves passage through the blood brain and cell membranes and it happens “right now, full effect.”

That certainly leaves the impression of higher potency and in fact solicited more “Wows and Holy Shit” from extreme tolerance users than any med we have formulated to this point.

Pain relief is almost instantly, as is head effect and elevation of the mood and spirit.

It also put several older extreme tolerance testers horizontal marveling at the clouds, after testing it in conjunction with the precursor oil, on top of their normal medication.

We used not only acetic anhydride, but sulfuric acid to achieve our product, and sodium hydroxide to adjust Ph. I’ll publish our ending formula, but so far the results grab my own attention and that of our test panel for sure.

I personally believe that we are on to something good with the Cannabis esters and that we will be seeing more of them pop up in dispensaries hither and yon, as time passes. Locally we don’t have dispensaries, so the easiest way to try them is to just make them ourselves.

Hee, hee, hee, snicker, snark, snort, awhooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Why would I ever pick golfing as a retirement sport instead of alchemy?

Stunning. I definitely need to look into this...eagerly waiting your documentation! :thank you: