What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Captain Jack's Dead Bug Brew - Spinosad

TrinidadChad

Spinosad and Pyrethrin are the only products ive ever had sucess with on spidermites. Other than that there are different combinations of essential oils that can work (lavender, rosemary, clove oil). The most important thing is to be tedious and wipe the tops and bottoms of every leaf of every plant with whatever insecticide you do select. Never spray in flower no matter what it is. If you are in flower you can wipe w alcohol + water but do not spray onto buds. Once flowering you can only use mite predators. Persimillis, Fallacis, and Stethorus Punctillum (if mites are really bad)

guruverde

I used some to quarantine some new babies a friend had started for me. Afterwards they have a white residue. I'm guessing it's more likely from the spray than to get pm from using it.... think I'll foliage either way to be safe

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
been using this captain jacks dead bug for quite a while now, and find it really good. i basically dunk my clones in it 1 time, then no more spray what so ever till harvest. i only veg my clones for about 10 days max, but still, i flower for 11 weeks and i might get a few odd fan leaves looking a bit thrips by harvest time, but nothing to worry about. i hate spraying anything on flowering plants, also don't want systemic chemicals in my weed, so dunking with spinosad for prevention seems a good solution. i have a clean end product and it's 99.9% pest free at harvest. but i have been wondering if there is anything i'm missing about this product and if it really is as safe as it seems.

mdgg4

you know what, i had mites bad was trying all that shit, knock a few down but them bitches kept coming back. started thinking those little fuckers actually loved those sprays cause seems like they would multiply everytime i sprayed. so what i did was a simple solution and it hurts them bad, if you have a super bad infestation you can literally knock there dicks in the dirt with a simple spray of canola oil and ivory dishwashing liquid. out of every single product i have ever used this by far surpasses all of them and not toxic. i only use in veg, please dont try that in flower you will be mad, canola oil and soap dont taste good when heated, trust me. but whatever is in canola oil aka rapeseed oil is a killer. in the 70's it was used primarily as a pesticide and couldnt be labeled for human consumption. well the canadians refined their manufacturing process relabeled it "canola oil" and bam its on kitchen shelves across america. i will not ever consume rapeseed oil aka "canola oil". have you ever seen a canola plant?

enough rambling seriously though canola is a deadly pesticide dont underestimate its killing powers, every bug i spray it kills, all of them. dont know the name of exact compound in it but it works and also by suffication. cant remember the exact ratios because i mixed a big batch lasts forever wont go bad on shelf, got the oil and soap concentrated, just shake it up and mix with water and its good to go.

but rambling again

PEACE!

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Spinosad 's good stuff.
Even better, if the critters attack in flower, just use a sponge and wet the big fan leaves with it (diluted as you would spray it) . It leaves a film that's remains active for a few days, so anything that wanders onto those fans will say goodbye to this world.
Great with thrips as they are after the chlorophyll which sits in those leaves in great concentration. They wipe themselves out clean without anything touching the buds.

CC

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
Spinosad 's ... comes in a pill form used in dog and cat flea/tick control medicine...

if it's a safe enough for them to digest, it's safe enough for me ....

been using another spinosad product , and have had real results w/ the stuff....

Spinosad has been used around the world for the control of a variety of insect pests, including Lepidoptera, Diptera, Thysanoptera, Coleoptera, Orthoptera, and Hymenoptera, and many others.[8] It was first registered as a pesticide in the United States for use on crops in 1997.[8] Its labeled use rate is set at 1 ppm (1*mg a.i./kg of grain) and its maximum residue limit (MRL) or tolerance is set at 1.5 ppm. Spinosad’s widespread commercial launch was deferred, awaiting final MRL or tolerance approvals in a few remaining grain-importing countries. It is considered a natural product, thus is approved for use in organic agriculture by numerous nations.[5] Two other uses for spinosad are for pets and humans. Spinosad has recently been used in oral preparations to treat C. felis, the cat flea, in canines and felines; the optimal dose set for canines is reported to be 30*mg/kg.[2]
Trade names include Comfortis and Trifexis (which also includes milbemycin oxime) (both brands treat adult fleas on pets; the latter also prevents heartworm disease), and Natroba (for human head lice). It is commonly used to kill thrips.[9][10][11]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spinosad

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
i have a clean end product and it's 99.9% pest free at harvest.

What kinda .01% of pests do you have at the end? LOL.

Saw a small infestation, whipped out the Capt. Jacks....been using Monterey...but this was available instead.

Spinosad worked before, I expect it's going to work again on thrips.

does spinosad kill bennies?
PEACE!

It's a little known fact that Benny Hill died from an overdose of Spinosad.

7016a659a6bc856b.jpg

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you know what, i had mites bad was trying all that shit, knock a few down but them bitches kept coming back. started thinking those little fuckers actually loved those sprays cause seems like they would multiply everytime i sprayed. so what i did was a simple solution and it hurts them bad, if you have a super bad infestation you can literally knock there dicks in the dirt with a simple spray of canola oil and ivory dishwashing liquid. out of every single product i have ever used this by far surpasses all of them and not toxic. i only use in veg, please dont try that in flower you will be mad, canola oil and soap dont taste good when heated, trust me. but whatever is in canola oil aka rapeseed oil is a killer. in the 70's it was used primarily as a pesticide and couldnt be labeled for human consumption. well the canadians refined their manufacturing process relabeled it "canola oil" and bam its on kitchen shelves across america. i will not ever consume rapeseed oil aka "canola oil". have you ever seen a canola plant?

enough rambling seriously though canola is a deadly pesticide dont underestimate its killing powers, every bug i spray it kills, all of them. dont know the name of exact compound in it but it works and also by suffication. cant remember the exact ratios because i mixed a big batch lasts forever wont go bad on shelf, got the oil and soap concentrated, just shake it up and mix with water and its good to go.

but rambling again

PEACE!

Highly inaccurate.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canola

heatherlonglee

Google this!
"Systemic use of spinosad to control the two-spotted spider mite (Acari: Tetranychidae) on tomatoes grown in rockwool"
Study says 100% kill rate as a drench killing Spider Mites?