What's new

Modern Colombian

G

Thanks mucho 3legdog, we got moved last month but just now got connected. I got the lowland sativa to hold me over till my plants get ready (about 6 months). My new grow area gets much better sun (all day) so I am looking forward to better results. We are in the middle of a very bad "wet" season now but Dec.- March is the best time of year weather wise. I have a mix of high altitude sativas in my next grow and already they are growing fast. Getin ready for Thanksgiving here too, I make a good old fasion American turkey with all the trimmings (that I can find here) and my Colombian family loves it.

G

Water Cure

Water Cure

I did a 7 day test water cure on the coastal green (1oz) and man what a differnce. Of course now the weed is brown where it was light green but it is twice as potent. I liked it so much I put the rest of the lb. in the water and will be finished today and I will post pics ASAP. Next time I will take pics of the water, almost black. I like to slow air cure my homegrown buds but the water cure really helps the poorly cured domestic.

Tafari

Hey Bro,

Next time you do a water cure take some nice before and after shot of the bud and water.

Peace; Tafari

G

De cure

De cure

Tafari hola I have a before pic above and I took a few after the cure dried but deleted them somehow transfering them from the camera. I have never tried the water cure on fresh buds and this was the first time with dry but it helps the dry weed for sure. But it looks bad..... I mean the weed didn't look good when I got it but after curing and quick dry it REALLY looked bad. Went from an "ok" green to a strange dark brown and it seemed more harsh on the throat. However it dose seem much more potent and the water cleaned so much trash out (I won't cook weed again without a water cure first).

G

Rojo Hashish

Rojo Hashish

Hola, here”s a little dry sieved red hashish I made from a new purchase. Just more generic “Punto Rojo” but this has a very wood earthy smell and taste and is covered in small almost invisible trichomes making the buds sticky. I dried some of the rojo real good and then ran it over silk for about an hour and got this. It’s far from pure or bubble but the taste is much more aromatic and the stone is world class. I like to smoke it unpressed in my pipe but some times I will roll a joint of bud with as much hash as I can in it.
The hash smells and taste like the weed (of course) but not is sharper more pungent and aromatic. Inside the lungs it EXPANDS bad and makes you cough so much it hurts. Only a small amount is necessary for a pleasant 2-hour mind expansion with a mild return, however large amounts will at first cause server paranoia and racing heart then a mild trip ensues, ending with a sleepy burn out.
Very much worth the effort to make this exotic resin.

rojo

8cyril8

:wave: Nice thread redone
I really do love the weather en la sierra. Fresh and sunny. But when it's raining :badday:...
It's a heavy and cold tropical rain.
I spent a week in Bogota two years ago. A lot of fear, gun, bomb, & military...
Be safe.

G

Thanks 8, I moved here about two years ago and the city itself is alot safer. I live in kind of a bad part of town (you don't see any gringos) and have no problems. Main thing you got worry about is getting robbed, but I just lock up my house good and watch my back on the street. The weather now is FANTASIC, clear blue skies and warmer temps (never hot though), January is even better. And the weed is first class and cheap (I love sativa). But really Colombia as a whole has gotten much better, Bogota is just like any other "big"city. Did I say anything about the women???

G

Im assuming in columbia the cops have too much chit to worry about to bother with weed, no?

G

Cops here

Cops here

are just like or are part of the Colombian army and they don't look like they fuck around. But I keep a very low profile here just like in the states. Really though pot is last on their list but I don't want any contact with the police here. I have bought weed (fresh) from a market that sells every kind of produce. However this weed is not like the "drug" weed that you can buy on the black market. It does make great ISO and baked goods. Many vendors sell it there but not out in the open and they act very shy about it.
Heres some pics from downtown.
Peace

G

Little Red in the Grinder

Little Red in the Grinder

More fresh Colombian Red

redone- que tal, piasa? im in bogota as i write this but havent tried to score anything, family gets in the way, u know...but maybe next trip ...are you in bogota? im getting so fat on empanadas and arepas..gota go get some bandeja piasa...peace oh yea, the girls here ar sick..you guys wouldnt believe it faces are great bodies even better!

70s_PotHead

Those cops look like Robo cops with all that armor, I wouldnt want to fuck with them either :dueling:

70s

G

Hola todos

Hola todos

mpro I love trying the differnt strains but I hate the way it's handled and cured. But thats why I grow.

Phil N. Heiman Welcome to Bogota, I live very close to the city but not right in town. I don't know what to tell ya about "scoring" cause I only see my guy every few months but I would be careful (as I am sure you know) buying or asking on the street. There is a plaza or market here that sells some weed but it's mostly leaves so not really worth the trouble, however once I did get some purple buds there. Next time you come down PM me and we can set up an appointment if ya want.

Bucket Boy Colombian women.....I don't know what to tell you other then I married one and couldn't be happier. Really you must see for yourself.

70s Yeah the cops here are like part of the army but their not looking for pot smokers so thre no problem and I like the protection.

redone- sounds good man- next time it is.. .as far as bogota i def know about how sketch it CAN be if your not carefull..but i dont think im gona smoke on this trip, just eat a lot :) now if i could only find some old school vallenato music, not the new crap..where should i go..?im not to far from unicentro...

Last edited:
G

Hey Phil how long will you be here? We are going to go to Pipe for the Christmas holiday and will be back next week. As far as the music I am sure you can find it very easy, just look in some o0f the little bars around the center. Is this your fisrt trip here?

hey redone- im leaving for the states on the 26th..and have to chill with family till then..thanks for the advice..i know of a couple of music stores but they carry modern popish vallenato..im looking for the stuff from the 70's, the real deal...as far as my first trip, i come here about 2 times a year since i was a little kid but never stay more than a couple of weeks...i do love it though and it's def not as bad as people think..as long as your not a complete idiot, you wont get into trouble , most of the time, at least :) take care and enjoy the holidays...btw, have you tried any good paraguayan sativas? i tried some from ciudad del este and im sure you know about what goes on over there...or i should say what doesnt go on over there...peace