What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Suggest a sativa..

Gone Camping

High Guys, i'm about 5 years in this hobby, growing mostly indica dominant stuff.

Last year I did a genetics swap with a local and experienced his favorite cut of Crockett's Tangie. He's recently had a career change and getting in touch has proven difficult, and i'm not the type to badger someone who obviously has more important things on their plate. I did enjoy it for keeping me motivated around the house and yard. My indica's tend to knock me out if I dare sit in the ac and have a few tokes.. I need a sativa in my life.

Here's the thing though, i'm a heart patient and racy strains tend to make me uncomfortable if I have a bit too much. Actually it scares the hell out of me at times.

I understand Blue Dream is a new grower friendly and popular strain, C99 (Female Seeds) I once tried but didn't do it justice.

Anyone up to suggest a strain and breeder for me to research? I'd have just ordered a pack of Tangie but i cant seem to find it in the states.

:tiphat:

right

Check out the ace seeds subforum , and ask there . They will help you pick out a good one for you. Dubi is usually pretty helpful like that.

G

In addition to Ace, CannaBiogen and Original Delicatessen Seeds would be great resources.

SolarLogos

I thought they were overseas, believe they have a pretty good selection too.

Thanks for the suggestions, i'll look into those.

Ace's descriptions on their site of the strains and effects are pretty spot on, at least what I have found. Your seed will arrive in the US in about a week, they are pretty quick and Ace's turnaround time is same day in my experience, and I've ordered a few times. Just got seeds 2 weeks ago. Also, Dubi and everyone on the Ace thread is great if you have questions growing any of their strains.
Hope you find the perfect strain my friend. Maybe take a trip back in time and try some old school strains, my reason for being there.:biggrin:
For a kind gentle sativa, but without ceiling, I recommend their Honduran. Perfect morning/coffee smoke IMHO. Clear, in control, pinpoint focus, excellent for scheduling the day, get things done, good energy, etc. I'm sure they have better ones though that I haven't tried.
Peace, God bless

Breadwizard

I second this.

In addition to Ace, CannaBiogen and Original Delicatessen Seeds would be great resources.

I would suggest Nepjam from ace, easy to grow, sativa based, not racy/speedy.

I've got a couple "first lady" from original delicatessen going as well, I hear the effect is kind, but it's still growing so who knows.

Tipunch

Hello.

Blue Dream from HSO didn't impress me. I would suggest in the short flowering times Durban Poison, Super Silver Haze. Longer flowering Times I would suggest Neville's Haze and Mango Haze. But really depends on your favorite tastes? Ace and Cannabiogen Have a nice offering too. Kali mist has great press too :biggrin:

troutman

Seed Whore
It's probably easier for most people to grow a Sativa dominant hybrid
the 1st time away from pure Indicas. Luckily, there are many to chose
from. Maybe something like Neville's Haze or Ace's Panama would do.

SolarLogos

That's a great point, he did mention he mostly grew Indica's. For something that might be compact, 7-9 weeks flowering with Sativa high, Kali China may work. Ace describes the high as: Powerful, psychedelic and sensorial effect of SE asian sativa, with a relaxed, introspective and meditative development.
https://www.aceseeds.org/en/strains/feminized/kalichinafem.html

Another is Nepal Jam fem ((Nepalese/Jamaica '85) x Nepalese, 60 Sativa/40 Indica, 8-9 weeks flower
High: Warm, clean and expansive effect that leaves you happy and floating on air for 2-3 hours.
https://www.aceseeds.org/en/strains/feminized/nepaljamfem.html

Good luck in your search.
Peace, God bless

Ratzilla

Veteran

This is good advice about a sativa dominant hybrid.
Many to choose from pick any that finish in the 9=10 week to be sure you got a sativa hybrid.
Ratz :tiphat:

JDubsocal

Try growers choice seeds. After 6 years of growing their stock, I have no complaints. They do ship quick from California. Lots of sativa dominate to choose from. Good luck and happy growing!

Tipunch

You're right Troutman. But if our man understands that growing a sativa often means little to no extra nute feeding, much longer flower times and much bigger stretch he should be fine growing a full sativa. But as you wisely stated, a hybrid is a safer bet :tiphat: 11 to 12 weeks flower max for a first try will be a good test to see if you want to try 14 to 16 weeks and above. Last year I tried Destroyer, great smoke but outdoor meant an early December cut.... way too long for me so I won't run it this year unfortunately.

Slim Pickens

Veteran
It's a lot easier to find Sat dom hybrids,than it is to decide on which one to get.:biggrin::biggrin:

I'd look at Ace as has been suggested.Those mentioned upthread are recommended,as well as Orient Express,Lebanese and Congo.I'd like to try that Orient Express myself.

Another possibility would be Laughing Buddha from Barneys,although that one would likely go a little longer,maybe 10-11+ weeks.Another choice would be Flo if you could find it,as well as F 13 and Vanilluna.Can't hardly go wrong with Dj Short Sat dom offerings.

On edit: Ace is sold out of Lebanese,but resellers should still have it available.

Last edited:

Tipunch

Flo is such a nice smoke. Needs to be dialed in to really express full potential and produce a nice yield. Flo was in my first batch of selected seeds when I started, went indoor and guerilla outdoor, deers, rabbits and wild boars loved the scent and terpines :biggrin:

wutwut

Veteran
420giveaway
no way my message got deleted because somehow i logged out before post.

shortly; yes you named it, blue dream.

or anything other ssh crosses imo.

Gone Camping

I ordered a pack of Crockett's Tangie from SHN, thanks for the lead.

Think i'm also gonna try Ace's Panama soon.

I also want to order some Blue Dream, but who's?

herbgreen

Veteran
I ordered a pack of Crockett's Tangie from SHN, thanks for the lead.

Think i'm also gonna try Ace's Panama soon.

I also want to order some Blue Dream, but who's?

I think get the clone... It has long pencil like leaves and is great plant

The bodhi dream lotus or snowhigh blueberry blast or pipe dream in seed form

I would avoid HSO is far from real thing :ying:

Gone Camping

I think get the clone... It has long pencil like leaves and is great plant

The bodhi dream lotus or snowhigh blueberry blast or pipe dream in seed form

I would avoid HSO is far from real thing :ying:

Which clone herbgreen? Are you speaking of a particular Blue Dream cut? I don't know anyone local so i'd have to get lucky at an event somewhere out of state.

Latest posts

Latest posts