Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Flower Photos > Canon MPE 65mm Macro Images

Thread Title Search
Canon MPE 65mm Macro Images Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-01-2012, 09:19 PM #1
DoobieDuck

DoobieDuck is a survivorDoobieDuck is a survivorDoobieDuck is a survivorDoobieDuck is a survivorDoobieDuck is a survivorDoobieDuck is a survivorDoobieDuck is a survivorDoobieDuck is a survivorDoobieDuck is a survivorDoobieDuck is a survivorDoobieDuck is a survivor
Canon MPE 65mm Macro Images

MPE 65mm Macro Landscapes

Welcome friends and foes, I hope you are all well today. Iíve dug deep down into my hard drives and pulled out some pixels Iíve been hording for a couple years now. Some captured fall 2010, spring 2011, or fall 2011. Hording only because Iíve either been in to poor of health or couldnít find the time to get them processed and uploaded to share with you. Iím sorry for the delay but if you lurk with me I hope youíll be pleasantly surprised and that will make it worth tagging along. In just my fall 2011 folder I have over 1,400 files to go through so this will take me some time, the thread may get to large and be closed before Iím finished-hope not-if so Iíll start version II. Most likely Iíll be shooting more pix before I even get these all uploaded so letís guess years..

These images were all captured with the Canon MPE 65mm macro lenses.

I rent this lens a couple times a year, one reason-I donít have the bucks to buy it and the other- macros are the only thing you can shoot with it. You canít do pix of your honey by the pool or me riding in the PBR, macros only, thatís it.

Please keep in mind, these are the images I like! The pix each have some quality that caught my eye. That could be a tiny sliver of light, a nice bokeh, or out of focus effect with-in them. Possibly a unique twist to a pistil or something that was unusual that popped out at me. ThenÖ.again, they might just be a good macro image of cannabis that has no artistic qualities at all. Macros I consider the toughest cannabis pix to capture and get right. Sometimes I luck out and get a good shot or two. An average shoot for me is 200 frames in an afternoon, or until my pain puts me down, and I only save to my drives one of every ten frames. So this is only a small sampling of what it takes to get a decent shot.

I hope you enjoy themÖlurkers loved, questions answered if possible, your images allowed only if shot with this lens, Iíd like to keep the thread specific to the MPE 65mm. Criticism accepted and of course some appreciated lol. Friendship respected and humor encouragedÖ.thank you for your views and comments..DD.

first to the show..my Cripple Creek from fall 2011

...and REZ HazeDog-ChemDog Haze

.........my Hummingbird Red
DoobieDuck is offline Quote

20 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:21 PM #2
trichrider
THEORETICAL

trichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond repute
beautiful just beautiful.

trichrider is offline Quote

Old 03-01-2012, 09:23 PM #3
exploziv
pure dynamite

exploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivor
Wow! Stunning!

Trichomes Gone Wild!

If the whole world smoked a joint at the same time, there would be world peace for at least two hours. Followed by a global food shortage.
exploziv is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:29 PM #4
Hama-Kavula

Hama-Kavula has a spectacular aura aboutHama-Kavula has a spectacular aura aboutHama-Kavula has a spectacular aura aboutHama-Kavula has a spectacular aura aboutHama-Kavula has a spectacular aura about
like beautiful morning dew only ment to catch weed lovers instead of flies and bugs - love it
Hama-Kavula is offline Quote

Old 03-01-2012, 09:29 PM #5
diggdugg

diggdugg has a spectacular aura aboutdiggdugg has a spectacular aura aboutdiggdugg has a spectacular aura aboutdiggdugg has a spectacular aura about
That's so awsome! I just have the urge to lick that like a lolliepop.
diggdugg is offline Quote

Old 03-01-2012, 09:53 PM #6
WasntMe
Saw me bang'n on the sofa...

WasntMe is just really niceWasntMe is just really niceWasntMe is just really niceWasntMe is just really niceWasntMe is just really niceWasntMe is just really niceWasntMe is just really niceWasntMe is just really niceWasntMe is just really niceWasntMe is just really nice
Doobieduck,

The macros came out good! Got to love a macro lens but you are right, they can be expensive for a one trick pony. Have you tried reverse mounting your reg zoom lens yet? A LOT cheaper to do you just seem to get a slightly smaller DOF and obviously need to do all focusing manually. I can send you some links if you want a little info...

As far as this lens, I think I remember you saying you were not really a fan of the technique but I would love to see how a DOF stacking shot would turn out, especially on the Hummingbird Red. There is so much depth to visually explore that unfortunately gets lost to the short DOF of doing macros. Do you think the softening the sharpness once they are stacked would bring back at least a little of the "natural" feel?

I'm just a figment of my own imagination. It's best to just ignore me.

It Wasn't Me
WasntMe is offline Quote

Old 03-01-2012, 10:03 PM #7
DoobieDuck

DoobieDuck is a survivorDoobieDuck is a survivorDoobieDuck is a survivorDoobieDuck is a survivorDoobieDuck is a survivorDoobieDuck is a survivorDoobieDuck is a survivorDoobieDuck is a survivorDoobieDuck is a survivorDoobieDuck is a survivorDoobieDuck is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by WasntMe View Post
Doobieduck,

...Have you tried reverse mounting your reg zoom lens yet? ..Do you think the softening the sharpness once they are stacked would bring back at least a little of the "natural" feel?
Everyone..many thanks for the immidiate response and appreciation of my art...wow, I'm honored.
WasntMe..I've tried every type of reversing you can think of. Some of my reversing lenses and techniques are better than these with this lens. I've also used enlarger lenses on bellows..just about everything buddy.
As far as stacking..YES..I did some with the MPE a couple years ago but did not have the right tripod-etc. to do it correctly. I think stacked images with the MPE would be fantastic now that I know what I did wrong. The next rental I'm considering doing some. For now we have these...Peace..DD

Old 03-01-2012, 10:04 PM #8
Teresa
Tree Grower

Teresa is a glorious beacon of lightTeresa is a glorious beacon of lightTeresa is a glorious beacon of lightTeresa is a glorious beacon of lightTeresa is a glorious beacon of lightTeresa is a glorious beacon of lightTeresa is a glorious beacon of lightTeresa is a glorious beacon of lightTeresa is a glorious beacon of lightTeresa is a glorious beacon of lightTeresa is a glorious beacon of light
Beautiful!!

Old 03-01-2012, 10:27 PM #9
DoobieDuck

DutchGrown Seed Mystic

Terese..thank you.
We have a couple black and whites and a couple colors of DutchGrowns Mystic....

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:29 PM #10
Guest58392

Guest58392 has disabled reputation

Last edited by Guest58392; 01-30-2016 at 07:33 PM.. Reason: reason
Guest58392 is offline Quote