Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Organic Soil > Human Shit is good Fertiliser

Thread Title Search
Human Shit is good Fertiliser Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-11-2019, 02:08 AM #181
Sweet Leaf 2.0

Sweet Leaf 2.0 is a jewel in the roughSweet Leaf 2.0 is a jewel in the roughSweet Leaf 2.0 is a jewel in the roughSweet Leaf 2.0 is a jewel in the roughSweet Leaf 2.0 is a jewel in the roughSweet Leaf 2.0 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester Beans View Post
Night soil as the Koreans refer to it. Might also be why they are full of parasites, worms, and diseases. Rule of thumb, don't use the excrement from anything that eats meat.

We had a national scare/alert...about 3 or 4 years ago ... Blue berries that had been imported from China had been contaminated with some form of hepatitis, which was passed on to consumers.
After an investigation, it turns out the blue berry trees had been fertilized with human excrement.....
Sweet Leaf 2.0 is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-11-2019, 02:10 AM #182
Emperortaima
Namekian resident/farmer

Emperortaima is a name known to allEmperortaima is a name known to allEmperortaima is a name known to allEmperortaima is a name known to allEmperortaima is a name known to allEmperortaima is a name known to allEmperortaima is a name known to allEmperortaima is a name known to allEmperortaima is a name known to allEmperortaima is a name known to allEmperortaima is a name known to all
https://youtu.be/hUXNiVW3oc4

This one's for you Brother nature... You cannot deny facts but you can ignore them... It's your opinion after all... Remember Bill is the one with the shovel digging himself in his hole

PS wait until near the end of the video after his talk of green house gases then he gets into his AGENDA and if you look closely enough through research you'll see all he is involved with...

My love for cannabis cannot be put into simple words it is a passion that cannot die - an undying flame!
(RIP JACK HERER THE GREAT HEMPEROR)
-Hemperorsknight/Emperortaima

"Use your martial skill for the good of humanity" -Grandmaster IP

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times" -Bruce Lee

Emperortaima is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-11-2019, 04:47 PM #183
St. Phatty

St. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Leaf 2.0 View Post
After an investigation, it turns out the blue berry trees had been fertilized with human excrement.....
Nothing like Exponential Growth.

Of course, it's something you want in your investments, not in dangerous bacteria.

A 30 Degree day feels like a 40 Degree Day

(Degrees F)
St. Phatty is online now Quote

Old 01-12-2019, 01:51 PM #184
h.h.

h.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Leaf 2.0 View Post
We had a national scare/alert...about 3 or 4 years ago ... Blue berries that had been imported from China had been contaminated with some form of hepatitis, which was passed on to consumers.
If you have worms, parasites, or disease, don't poop on your blueberries...
I don't eat roadkill. Eat a healthy diet. My poop don't scare me.
h.h. is offline Quote

Old 01-12-2019, 03:51 PM #185
BombBudPuffa

BombBudPuffa is a splendid one to beholdBombBudPuffa is a splendid one to beholdBombBudPuffa is a splendid one to beholdBombBudPuffa is a splendid one to beholdBombBudPuffa is a splendid one to beholdBombBudPuffa is a splendid one to beholdBombBudPuffa is a splendid one to beholdBombBudPuffa is a splendid one to beholdBombBudPuffa is a splendid one to beholdBombBudPuffa is a splendid one to beholdBombBudPuffa is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Microbeman View Post
If it is awful smelling, it is awful and if you are smelling it then bad bacteria is entering you. There are I'm sure intelligent ways to use shit but putrefying and spraying is not one of them. A farmer with any integrity will either aerate, compost or properly ferment their crap prior to use; individual craps in the field excluded.

It is like the putrid dairy manure sludge sprayed on many fields. Disgusting and wasteful.
Not trying to argue with you and no way in hell am I putting human excrement on my plants but I wouldn't say all bacteria that smell bad are harmful. Nitro fixing bacteria can be pretty harsh on the ol' olfactory glands. Photosynthesis plus aka fart in a bottle smells like...well...shit lol but its a product I wouldn't grow without.

Been watching this thread for the entertainment value and must say I'm intrigued by the people experimenting and interested in their results.
BombBudPuffa is offline Quote

Old 01-12-2019, 04:16 PM #186
Dog Star
Why so Sirius!!

Dog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivor
This thread reminds on those one where some used menstruation for growing plants..

This one is perfect thread for coprophiles..
Dog Star is offline Quote

Old 01-12-2019, 06:24 PM #187
Microbeman
The Logical Gardener

Microbeman has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by BombBudPuffa View Post
Not trying to argue with you and no way in hell am I putting human excrement on my plants but I wouldn't say all bacteria that smell bad are harmful. Nitro fixing bacteria can be pretty harsh on the ol' olfactory glands. Photosynthesis plus aka fart in a bottle smells like...well...shit lol but its a product I wouldn't grow without.

Been watching this thread for the entertainment value and must say I'm intrigued by the people experimenting and interested in their results.

Exactly the reason why some genius humans stumbled upon fermentation eons ago. I have fermented many a nitrogen fixing bacterium and phototrophic organisms resulting in a quite acceptable smelling transformation which applied to soil/plants had very miraculous effects. The same consortia could also be 'allowed' to putrify and still have an excellent effect upon the soil/plants but may not be so great for me to inhale to large degree.

There were times when we applied relatively fresh chicken manure to our fields. This was likely not the most responsible thing to do so far as the local atmosphere but the odors did dissipate rapidly and the improvement to our organic hay was undeniable. This was done only once per year. In later years we spread aged horse and cow manure which was completely non-offensive to the olfactories and even somewhat pleasing to smell but produced the same benefits. The nose knows but is a subjective beast.

The dairy slurry I'm referring to is purposefully allowed to putrify in large holding ponds. It is applied often with large sprayer tanks or through irrigation. I wonder what the health effects are upon the farmers and neighbors longterm. I think local streams do not fair so well. The farmers with a little education could improve this amendment both agriculturally and 'atmospherically' by choosing to aerate or ferment the solution.

The same principals could be applied to human waste. It either should be dropped individually in the field, spread after drying/aging, thermophiically composted or fermented (like bokashi). Additionally fed to worms would be optimal.

Still one would need to investigate whether any amount of refinement would reduce the presence of medications in human and some animal manure.

"When the facts change, I change my mind.
What do you do, sir?"
"Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone."
~John Maynard Keynes~
Sorry: No questions by PM, check my webpage
Microbeman is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-12-2019, 06:30 PM #188
Microbeman
The Logical Gardener

Microbeman has disabled reputation
Quote:
I don't eat roadkill
Shame on you. You don't know what you are missing. I survived one winter on roadkill.

"When the facts change, I change my mind.
What do you do, sir?"
"Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone."
~John Maynard Keynes~
Sorry: No questions by PM, check my webpage
Microbeman is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-12-2019, 08:44 PM #189
BombBudPuffa

BombBudPuffa is a splendid one to beholdBombBudPuffa is a splendid one to beholdBombBudPuffa is a splendid one to beholdBombBudPuffa is a splendid one to beholdBombBudPuffa is a splendid one to beholdBombBudPuffa is a splendid one to beholdBombBudPuffa is a splendid one to beholdBombBudPuffa is a splendid one to beholdBombBudPuffa is a splendid one to beholdBombBudPuffa is a splendid one to beholdBombBudPuffa is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Microbeman View Post
Exactly the reason why some genius humans stumbled upon fermentation eons ago. I have fermented many a nitrogen fixing bacterium and phototrophic organisms resulting in a quite acceptable smelling transformation which applied to soil/plants had very miraculous effects. The same consortia could also be 'allowed' to putrify and still have an excellent effect upon the soil/plants but may not be so great for me to inhale to large degree.

There were times when we applied relatively fresh chicken manure to our fields. This was likely not the most responsible thing to do so far as the local atmosphere but the odors did dissipate rapidly and the improvement to our organic hay was undeniable. This was done only once per year. In later years we spread aged horse and cow manure which was completely non-offensive to the olfactories and even somewhat pleasing to smell but produced the same benefits. The nose knows but is a subjective beast.

The dairy slurry I'm referring to is purposefully allowed to putrify in large holding ponds. It is applied often with large sprayer tanks or through irrigation. I wonder what the health effects are upon the farmers and neighbors longterm. I think local streams do not fair so well. The farmers with a little education could improve this amendment both agriculturally and 'atmospherically' by choosing to aerate or ferment the solution.

The same principals could be applied to human waste. It either should be dropped individually in the field, spread after drying/aging, thermophiically composted or fermented (like bokashi). Additionally fed to worms would be optimal.

Still one would need to investigate whether any amount of refinement would reduce the presence of medications in human and some animal manure.
Can't argue with anything you said. That anaerobic shit slurry is no good...can't deny that.
BombBudPuffa is offline Quote

Old 01-12-2019, 09:29 PM #190
Dog Star
Why so Sirius!!

Dog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivor
Microbeman is right... aerated poop have totaly different action than non-aerated one..

cows dont wish to use pasture that was sparayed with non-aerated poop while they
gladly accept those grass that was fetrilized by aerated poop..

I bet they know it by a smell...

And i dont talk about human poop.. but they react same on other animal poop same if is aerated or non-aerated..
animals are smart in compare to human animal..
Dog Star is offline Quote