Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Old Stoners Crash Pad > Real OLD SCHOOL - Cherry Oil

Thread Title Search
Real OLD SCHOOL - Cherry Oil Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-12-2019, 06:14 AM #71
axle2u

axle2u has a spectacular aura aboutaxle2u has a spectacular aura aboutaxle2u has a spectacular aura aboutaxle2u has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJPassion View Post
Sounds interesting.

Maybe there was some CBD (associated with cherry flavors) in there and I'm thinking possibly over ripe to get the color.
Just a guess though...

thanks MJ,

what kind of CBD (phenos and/or terps) were you thinking
that may or may not be associated with cherry flavor....?

what made you think that in the first place....?

curious....how you arrived at that...

this is exactly the kind of insight im looking for...

any more thoughts on it..?

thanks pal,

-axle r robot
axle2u is online now Quote

Old 01-13-2019, 02:53 AM #72
Hashishh

Hashishh will become famous soon enoughHashishh will become famous soon enoughHashishh will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by axle2u View Post
yes, I hear you on that one.....cost over runs...lol
im afraid to know what ive actually spent in the past few months
getting my grow set up....going on

ive bought seeds, 15 in a pack....about $100 CAN
from swami....I wanted to go with a distinctive "cherry" pheno
so I selected cherry bomb ...original mr. greengenes, from swami

out of 15 seeds germinated, I had 5 grow,
3 of which turned out to be male, and had to be destroyed
so that left me with 2 plants female (they are doing good-still veg. stage)....but still only 2 plants...

ive built a custom metal rack system for lighting....at my work place (im welder so that was handy)...
then built a custom cabinet to enclose said metal rack....
the cabinet cost me about $250 in materials, lined with (mylar -$50)....bought a clone system,
2 sets grow lights (fluorescence bulbs - $250) dirt, pots, nutrients, clone dip....ect ect...

I think im at least $700 , - 2 plants
however, most of its intial set up costs

I fully intend to process into high thc, resin oil...tasty
I prefer a thick viscosity myself, thicker the better

my end product will more then likely be a light reddish brown
not red, but will have cherry phenos -terps

my next experiment grow, will be the pakistan citral kush for sure, definitely interested in that one.....
google that bud, and look at the colors at maturity...purple-red

and the one after that will be, the Lebanese Red landrace
don't know where I can source that yet, but im at least a year away from that...
at the same time im also working on uncovering red oil recipes, which I have 2 so far....
so im hitting it from both ends...recipe and material (weed)

also, the stuff you can buy at dispensaries today they call cherry oil....is bullshit, pure bullshit -not even close
I had real authentic cherry oil, late 70s a couple times...so I know first hand... they call it cherry oil, because of its reddish tinge
this is likely due to winterizing honey oil...so basically its just honey oil, winterized....has absolutely nothing to do with cherry oil

cherry oil of the late 70s-early 80s.....was devine
expensive, but delicious, tasted like cherries, smelt like it tasted when burned, clean, great euphoric high....and red -yes red
it was called cherry oil because of the way it taste and smelt
it actually smelt like cherries when you burned it

it was on the scene for a short while, then all of a sudden gone
never to be seen or heard of again....we're talking 38 yrs or more

im trying to revive, this lost art
and can do with all the help I can get....
there are some on here that remember that stuff too...

it made appearances in NYC as well as Toronto....so international cities with major international airports -signs of a ring
that ring I believe was BOEL -speculation there

be sure to let us know about the book reference, if you discover anything more related.....thanks so much

-axle robot

Out of curiosity, have you thought of trying to press rosin? I've never done it and have little knowledge but I wonder how much tonnage you would need on a press? Being a welder myself I've made a few pipe benders with a bottle jack for certain projects and wonder if a bottle jack might do it?

I'm getting genuinely curious on the subject as I remember my dad making mention of it a few times but I'm not sure it's the same oil you're talking about. Ill have to ask him next time I talk to him and see what his thoughts are.

I agree it does sound like something of a trafficking ring whether BOEL or another as it made its way into a lot of cities in Canada as well as the states and overseas I believe.

Im worried now as the strains have been diluted in those regions so to speak so you may never be able to recreate it 100%. I've had some old schoolers try the "imported" hash from various sources. All marketed as black afghan and Moroccan. They say its close but just not the same. It makes me question whether it actually is import, and if it is - how much different are these plants from 30 or 40 years ago?

Food for thought!
Hashishh is offline Quote

Old 01-13-2019, 06:19 AM #73
axle2u

axle2u has a spectacular aura aboutaxle2u has a spectacular aura aboutaxle2u has a spectacular aura aboutaxle2u has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashishh View Post
Out of curiosity, have you thought of trying to press rosin? I've never done it and have little knowledge but I wonder how much tonnage you would need on a press? Being a welder myself I've made a few pipe benders with a bottle jack for certain projects and wonder if a bottle jack might do it?

I'm getting genuinely curious on the subject as I remember my dad making mention of it a few times but I'm not sure it's the same oil you're talking about. Ill have to ask him next time I talk to him and see what his thoughts are.

I agree it does sound like something of a trafficking ring whether BOEL or another as it made its way into a lot of cities in Canada as well as the states and overseas I believe.

Im worried now as the strains have been diluted in those regions so to speak so you may never be able to recreate it 100%. I've had some old schoolers try the "imported" hash from various sources. All marketed as black afghan and Moroccan. They say its close but just not the same. It makes me question whether it actually is import, and if it is - how much different are these plants from 30 or 40 years ago?

Food for thought!

hey there, fellow welder...that's cool

ya...for sure ask your papa about old school cherry oil...
see if he even remembers hearing about it back in the day
late 70s early 80s...ish

I don't know much about rosin, but I do know someone on here ive had the pleasure to meet here,
is extremely knowledgeable in all things cannabis. There are a few people ive been talking with here....real experts..

I will refer you to graywolf, my friend....
seek him out and ask away....that guy knows his stuff

ask him tonnage required, get back to me
maybe I can help you design something to rig up in your shop..
bounce some ideas across back n forth, till we get something

axle -out

Last edited by axle2u; 01-13-2019 at 06:20 AM.. Reason: clean up appearance

Old 01-13-2019, 11:01 AM #74
jayd

jayd has a spectacular aura aboutjayd has a spectacular aura aboutjayd has a spectacular aura aboutjayd has a spectacular aura about
id heard that old school cherry oil was made in thailand from a rare strain then exported mainly to usa and canada. about 15 years ago there was a guy online who sold it along with 2 other types of oil. he was called oil of paradise and a well know canadian MOM used to stock his products

Old 01-13-2019, 08:47 PM #75
axle2u

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayd View Post
id heard that old school cherry oil was made in thailand from a rare strain then exported mainly to usa and canada. about 15 years ago there was a guy online who sold it along with 2 other types of oil. he was called oil of paradise and a well know canadian MOM used to stock his products

I also wondered about Thailand strain being used...
there IS a strain called Cherry Thia....

-yes, this oil was very exotic, whomever was responsible for making it was very talented, knew what they were doing,
and produced mass quantities of it in a short time....then got shut down for whatever reason ....
whether they got caught, or had run into material supply issues (no more weed) is unknown at this point.

the particular strain of cherry bomb im growing is rumored to have a possible cherry thai in its lineage at one point,
I don't know that for sure or not either....lol

but I am determined to crack the code....1 experiment at a time

there are a few other land races id be poking around with
in the near future,, to the same end goal...PCK and Red Leb are my 2 next choices for material to grow and process,
hopefully by that time, I will have a few more recipes in place...
as well as teach myself how to run a moonshine still, producing my own source of 190 proof food grade alcohol...

also, 1 of the recipes ive read (and didn't save link to) on another site was a detailed and lengthy process of extraction...
called for checking PH balance, using some sort of acid, and I think a sodium bicarbonate of some kind to neutralize acid,
then there are specific temperatures, and a second process with ethanol, to finish product...

reportedly delivers a cherry type taste to it...

my theory find the right material (cherry phenos, terps, color)
find the right recipe....maybe winterize maybe not...
maybe charcoal filter, maybe not....

sooner or later, I will get very close to it.....might take a few years tho....
unless somebody out there, comes out of the woodwork...
and says this is how we made it....haha
now wouldn't that be nice....lol

axle r robot