What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A new start

Palindrome

King of Schwag
pH 6.2
Ec 1.0

Did some underbrush trimming on the plants I can reach, just small growth thats under the trellis. Stuff that's already being shaded out, or would have to compeate for space.
I think it's better, to get them to focus on grow tips above the trellis net.

Did a root pic last night and one today, after I changed the watering cycle. Don't know how it will effect the plants in coco, but I guess I'll find out.

12 hours later

Palindrome

King of Schwag
50% of the clones have roots

50% of the clones have roots

Update on the clones

11 days after cutting them, 50% have roots out the bottom of the RW cubes.

6 of 12 clones have roots, the 3 Skunk #1 clones have all rooted and 3 of cheese clones.

Now I better get around, to start building the grow closet.
To house these new little plants :canabis:

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Short update on the garden

pH 5.9
Ec 1.1

Looking green, budding have slowly started and they are streaching fine.

I have started building my LED veg closet

So far so good, made an air intake from the garage.
Placed some struds, and cut one of the side panels.

Will get more done tomorrow!

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Nice thread im up to date ready to see how it all goes for you����

Welcome aboard mate!

Still working on the closet, making shelves and side panels.
It's slow progress, as the wall im building up against.
Apparently the guy who build it was blind, or at least never heard about a spirit level.

So every part have to be cut after it's own messurments, getting them to fit is a bit tricky.

Put in a extra strud, to make two air channels.
The first short channel will work as a passive cold air intake, for the bottom veg space.
Then a passive hot air vent into the top part, of the first channel after the blocking.

The clone space will then have a passive cold air intake, from the 2nd channel and hot air vent into the hot air channel.
And the same goes for the top veg space. On the other side, I will mount active cooling fans in the two veg spaces.

In the top of the closet, there will be an carbon scrubber connected to the intake of my cooltube fan for the flower room.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
2 weeks 12/12

2 weeks 12/12

Looking good m8

Thank you Badfishy1

Haven't been updating a lot on the garden, been busy with the closet and well they have been streaching mostly.

Now I am changing the res, to pure lucas 2-3 part micro & bloom.
Bumping up the Ec to 1.2 - .3ish

Here we are at 2 weeks 12/12

Cheese and RQS Skunk #1 at 2 weeks

RQS Skunk #1 Topped clone

RQS Skunk #1 LST clone

Cheese at 2 weeks

The cheese plants show many more issues with the nutrients, compared to the skunk plants.
A iron def. is showing, in two of the cheese plants in the back.
Hope a fresh batch of nutes, will change that. If not, back on with the thinking hat and lab coat.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Ec had droped from 1.2 to 1.1, pH had dropped to 6.00

To night I topped up the res, raised the Ec to 1.3 and slightly lowered the pH to 5.9

No progress on the closet, been busy working on stuff for the boat.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Random update

Random update

All right, im about ready to get back at working on the closet.

Finished the new bed frames for the boat, as I was sleeping like crap on the old one.
It was a flat plywood sheet, with multiple cushions as a mattress. The new bedframe feels stronger, and each frame is about 2½ lbs lighter then the old bed.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
A light trap is a construction to trap light, so it won't shine from one room to another thru the air channels.

I know I have said the closet mainly is for veg, but I am also gonna do seedlings and maybe test flowering.
There for it would be great, if I can run one of the champers in the closet on 12/12. Without it getting light leaks, thru the air channels, from the other compartments.

starke

You've obviously spent time planning this out. Looking great. I'm only giving these compliments so I will feel less guilty when I steal some of your plans. Thanks.

Last edited:

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Thanks a lot guys, and feel free to steal away!
But id wait and see how it works out for me first :)

Even tho I have spend a lot of time, on the drawing board and have changed a lot of ideas along the way.
There might still be several things that I will need to tweak, but in the end id only be happy.
If this can help others with their build or inspire them with ideas for their own design.

Latest posts

Latest posts