What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lap Does LEDs - My DIY Quantum Board Cabinet

Phychotron

man, lap, you crack me up.
Phychotron, using chemical salts would kill his worms, and i know lap would not be down for that.

How would a foliar spray kill the worms?

I was recently reading an old-school book that Ed Rosenthal co-wrote, or somehow had his name on it. He suggested to solve iron deficiencies that you could drive a nail into the base of the stalk. I think he's nuts but that's what the book said. I think it came out in 91'. There are also ways of doing it with rusty water.

Most of the time the soil does not have the proper buffer-- not enough ca/mg to keep the pH in order.

Firebrand

Yeah fuck all that, sounds way too complicated. I'll just press my luck and continuing just giving plain water and the occasional compost tea and see how far that gets me.
Thanks for the advice though.
Old School...Me too, but there is merit in Phycho's analytics and explanation, in the end he suggests foliar feeding a $10 product which may improve final yield totals.

I just ordered a bottle on Amazon, worth a shot for $10, as I often have plants just as he described, new growth yellow, old growth dark green to black.
https://www.amazon.com/Liquinox-3032-Chelated-Solution-32-Ounce/dp/B0063PG40G

Available at Lowes too
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Liquinox-32-oz-Mineral-Supplement/4382979

Phychotron

From my experience the stuff works well. There's the 'good enough' approach, then the 'lets get this formula right' approach. I sprayed it on a few different strains that were having that problem and it cured them right up. I normally use Humboldt nutrients' Verde, which also has iron in it, but the nitrogen is so high (16-1-2) I couldn't keep using it. Its a very common problem, often mistaken for nitrogen or magnesium deficiency.

Iron Chelate is what they use for chelating the nutrients to ease the transition into the root zone (it 'hugs' the molecule and protects it from forming a solid before it reaches the plant). I forget the exact science involved but it eventually becomes used or unavailable. If I remember correctly it has something to do with not enough runoff. Some plants are more iron dependent than others, sometimes nutrients just plain don't have enough.

Back to the OP, if your staying organic then maybe try boosting your root zone and cultures. --new cultures, algae based root simulator, Humic acid (natures chelating agent and root simulator.)

Don't get me wrong, the plants look pretty good, but you have what looks like the same problem I just had. You can still coast on EZ street, you just need to figure out what that one thing is that will take care of it.

Watch to see if its a common thing with those white diodes. Spectrum matter. Certain things only happen when the plant receives specific colors of light and are influenced by the ratio of different colors. The more I think about it, my plants stop having the problem when they go to the flower tent with a different light. It seems more than coincidental. I don't change nutrients, just the light and schedule. I've only been using the flower light as a veg light for a few months since I've moved and my whole game has been off. It lead me to do a bunch of research and get to the bottom of it. It was an iron problem but I'm still not sure what exactly the root of that cause is. I've suspected the light for awhile, it was my first thought.

Lapides

Rosin Junky and Certified Worm Wrangler
Veteran
Phychotron, I'm pretty sure you're not sure about what you're talking about. I never asked anyone for advice. My plants were a little fucked up in the beginning, but I feel I have that worked out now.

Like I suggested, my eyes may be getting old but I don't see anything wrong with my plants. If in fact there is something wrong with my plants and I dont know how to fix them, I will ASK for and be open to suggestions.

Until then, perhaps look into your own garden and see what you can do to make things better in there.

Last edited:

antheis

Veteran
Thanks I was trying to figure out what was wrong with them. Out of what you suggested, where would YOU start?

when you said this i was damn sure someone had hacked your account

Are you able to explain to me how you came to this diagnosis of my plants?

My eyes may be getting old or I'm just so egotistical that I am blind to obvious problems, but I see nothing wrong at all with my plants at this point.

then i saw this and thought, maybe he's turning over a new leaf. (even if it is light green :tongue: )

and then
...and theeeeeen
there's that sweet worm loving pot grower we all know and love. :cathug::huggg:

but back to the thread at hand. you hand watering or using blumats?

Lapides

Veteran
lol man, I tried, I swear on everything I tried. The straw that broke the camel's back was when he flip flopped to blaming the lights. I took a bong rip and since edited that post :)

I really really should not check my thread first thing in the morning before I've fully awakened and had a little coffee and a toke.

I'm just handwatering these. It's only 2 plants and a very small footprint so I'm able to keep everything nice and moist in there by hand. Plus I dont really have much room for a blumat rez where the cabinet is.

Phychotron

I hope you get those eyes checked if you can't tell the new growth is neon yellow.

Looking at the last photos you took and comparing them to the July-7th post its pretty obvious that there's a big color change in new growth. Maybe that's just normal for you... I dunno. Guess your part of the 'good enough' club.

Sorry if your offended by my experience. You have a problem I just solved. I never blamed the light--I had solved an iron deficiency in case you didn't read that correctly. I'm just suspicious that the white-only diodes are not fully sufficient and asked the community for help. Instead I get shit from a guy testing diodes because he got offended that his plants are yellowing and can't see it.

Lapides

Veteran
I'm not offended, I just don't get it. I honestly could not find ONE attractive plant that you've ever posted on this site, yet you have the gall to sit there and try to tell me what's wrong with MY plants.

I sorta see what you're talking about with a paleness of my plants at the tops. But that is not out of the ordinary for my plants at this stage of growth.

You say that's not normal, I say you don't know what you're talking about.

Going forward, please keep your advice/criticism to yourself. It's not welcome in this thread and neither are any more pictures of your shitty looking plants.
picture.php

Its clear you were offended otherwise you would not bother to attempt to insult me. For that I'm sorry.
So why do you continue?

If you are TRULY sorry you would change your behavior, not drag your but on another person's thread, like a dog with worms, that is just disrespectful, :ying: Speaking about things that have nothing to do with growing on a growing thread is also disrespectful.:ying:

Sorry your solution was not his problem. Plants growing under LED's grow so fast overnight they are still yellow when the lights come on. New growth is usually yellow until it gets some light, normal plant response.:peacock:
namaste

Phychotron

Because I stand for truth and knowledge. If this is normal for this phase then I'd like to see how it develops. F pride, lets work on growing the best possible cannabis. That comes through avid discussion and grower transparency.

And by your explanation it should be gone by now that its received light for a few days. We should see those results. You just made a claim, I'd like to see if its true.

I'm not talking shit, I'm not trying to insult anyone, I'm here because growing cannabis is a complex subject and we can all learn from each others experiences.

I like the going forward approach... We don't need to waste any more time discussing our feelings.

Lapides

Veteran
Congrats on killing this thread.
I don't have anything to prove to you.
I'm not doing this grow for you.
You are very strange and weird and I don't want any more interaction with you, lest I catch whatever it is that's wrong with you.

I'll put up pictures of the finished flowers if they can make it that far.
Thanks for watching guys, I'm out.

well that sucks
but more pictures less chat is always best here in my book.

first off the guy needs to go a rant how you need iron? then you get offended?
its no biggie with the off color leaves it could have been stress or overwatering big fucking deal ,they seem to green up after a day or two and the rest look fine.
I could give a shit if you go over the basics of growing or not if you use tap or OR chem or org. ferts
back to bud pictures wtf I don't care if you have pm or mites or off color leaves.

Lapides

Veteran
Meh, fuck that dude. These plants are far too nice and this light just performs too well not to share. If he has anything to say further I think he'll just be outing himself as a retard or a troll.

3 weeks in -
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php