What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What Are You Eating Right Now!!!

Dime

I have access to Lake Huron,St Clair,and Erie all within 20-50 miles. Walpole Island has some big ones too. You can catch almost every species,if you find a deep hole you can even catch big catfish that will test your line.I like the action of sport fishing for Pike and Muskie the most in a quiet small cut before dusk which gives you about an hour and half window,when the perch stop feeding you know big ones are patrolling and they smash just about anything. A couple years back a muskie bit a swimmer that was training for competition in lake st clair and I have read of some pike biting people wearing an ankle bracelet.

Cuddles

I had two veggie day in a row - yesterday a veggie asian stir fry with rice and today I had an oven baked aubergine with mozzarella... followed by homemade cookies :)
I may need a small protein shake later on...

Cactus Squatter

dirt, grass clippings, small pieces of dead dandelion and maybe a worm chunk or two…
Landscaping for breakfast sucked the special sauce this morning.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I had two veggie day in a row - yesterday a veggie asian stir fry with rice and today I had an oven baked aubergine with mozzarella... followed by homemade cookies :)
I may need a small protein shake later on...
i am primarily a meat-eater, but sometimes i've gotta have a pile of veggies. peas, whole kernel corn, maybe some spinach, and fried taters/onions & a pan of corn bread...the corn bread, along with it's pals salted butter & apple butter, are dessert. :smoke:

Cuddles

I try to have at least a small piece of meat everyday and I usually have a big, big salad. Maybe some potatoes too. So it´s always lots of veggies -salad or not for me. My body likes it :) I try to avoid pasta and too much rice these days.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
yeah, my diabetes make pasta and rice a "no-fly" zone according to my doc. done away with sugar completely, no sweat. bread and potatoes? MUCH harder to cut out...:shucks:

Cuddles

yeah, my diabetes make pasta and rice a "no-fly" zone according to my doc. done away with sugar completely, no sweat. bread and potatoes? MUCH harder to cut out...:shucks:
potatoes are much healthier than flour based stuff. Do you have sugar problems when you have them?
I hardly ever have bread. I´ve been meaning to bake some but haven´t found the time. I can´t have wheat so I started to make my own ;)
I think the last time I bought some at the supermarket was sometime last year. And you know what? My homemade tastes much better! I´m currently looking for recipes which include oats but can still be used for makeing nice sandwiches.

Last edited:

Birmaan

Amuse Bouche
20230423_132558.jpg

imiubu

Over the last 4 years I've reversed my insulin resistance and am now fat adaptive. I began by just cutting processed sugar then over time I stopped eating processed carbohydrates altogether. This was a slow process as my mind was warped by western medicine/ dietary lies. I'm down 45lbs. Just had my labs done and after 3 years from beginning this quest; I am still the healthiest I've ever been. Adhering to a strict Atkins diet and discovered that I no longer crave sugary foods, taters, bread etc., I crave meat, fish and animal fats. @65 I feel better than I have in decades. No inflammation, aches pains and swelling... gone and a HUGE change is that my mind is now crystal clear... no more brain fog. I now also fast several times a month. 2x's for a minimum of 48 hrs. Meal planning and grocery shopping is now a no brainer lol. Today is a feasting day, no fasting. Getting ready to have a 14oz. fatty ribeye steak and a couple of fried eggs with a huge dollop of homemade butter 'mayo'. YUM :)

This was not an overnight success however, I did succeed.
Says the fat girl who never ever thought she'd give up coffee creamer, taters and pizza :)